• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

State of Fast Pass Return (or replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, unfortunately (depending who you ask). Mostly at festivals where VIP packages include access to air-conditioned, flushable toilets.

That said, I don't think you'll see such a thing happen at Disney parks. But, in the words of Justin Bieber: ♫ "Never say never." ♫

Yes, unfortunately (depending who you ask). Mostly at festivals where VIP packages include access to air-conditioned, flushable toilets.

That said, I don't think you'll see such a thing happen at Disney parks. But, in the words of Justin Bieber: ♫ "Never say never." ♫

a bit of an unfair comparison. Yes: concerts, sporting events, comedy clubs have all featured VIP areas for a long time that include private restrooms, among other things.

But to accurately follow this comparison, so has Disney. Club 33, DVC, and club level at resorts all offer this already to guests who’ve paid extra.

I think it is safe to say that when most are bashing Disney IT, they are bashing Disney's lack of proper investment in it, and not the actual workers.

No. We're bashing Disney for a stupid idea. Not necessarily their IT department. IT just simply does what Disney tells them to do. Some IT guy named Bob wasn't sitting around one day and thought "Hey, let's try this Disney Premiere Access garbage. It'll be a great idea!". This was thought up and implemented from the top.

No. We're bashing Disney for a stupid idea. Not necessarily their IT department. IT just simply does what Disney tells them to do. Some IT guy named Bob wasn't sitting around one day and thought "Hey, let's try this Disney Premiere Access garbage. It'll be a great idea!". This was thought up and implemented from the top.
There are people bashing the idea and plenty of people bashing the IT for the constant glitching and errors. Different things going on.

Bob CHEAPek has done so much damage in such a short amount of time. To green light these terrible terrible ideas, and expect it to work. We know that because of the resort changes we will see further drops in people saying on site, I hope we also see drops in attendance, and that they get the hint really quick. If this gets implemented as in in FL. I can't see myself ever going. This is absolutely absurd. It really is offensive this announcement. I can't imagine the French or the Europeans would be cool with this. I feel like they have less of a tolerance for corporate greed than we do.

"we offer the best experience for our workforce that is were the new "wishes" system comes in. If our staff feel their IT equipment is to slow they can join a online system for support. However if they dont want to wait for said support they can exchange money for wishes such as a new laptop, or screen or faster broadband. Bob Chapek announced.
You can imagine Bob Paycheck being asked for new computers. Does it turn on and off? The answer is no then.

I'm thinking fp+ is coming back in the interim which would push the new fp system to 2022 as well as corresponding programs.
I'd say zero chance. They worked hard to wean everyone off of free FP. They won't give it back only to yank it away again.

I also see no chance they enter the 50th with things as they are. Something will happen before 10/1. And it needs to be soon so they aren't glitching all over the place on 10/1.

They're giving deluxe guests what? 1 hour after park close? Like that's quality time? The headliner attractions are barely clearing out their regular park hour queues by the end of that time and it's not like they'll bounce everyone out of the park - people like to linger.
Except that if the standby lines go virtual during the day, there's no reason they can't limit passes to just enough to clear through by the end of the day. There's no "jumping in line last minute" if there's no line to jump into.

So disappointed by this news... I've been to Disney before but my girlfriend and her daughter never have. My girlfriend is not great in the heat , so we are only doing Disney over a fortnight , with a plan to visit parks for 3-4 hours at a time. I explained how fastpass would let us do 3 attractions a day and we could queue a couple more and that's it, enjoy shopping parades etc then. This new plan destroys any possible planning, despite having to make park reservations and will lead to head constantly in your phone trying for the opportunity just to join a bloody queue. I dont want to be on my bloody phone constantly and it takes away the feeling of leaving the world behind for a few hours. No magical Express, no free magic bands no fastpass, not a lot of reasons to shell out over 5k on a holiday to stare on my poxy phone

Here is one of the problems I think. This is from an article about 200 company CEOs talking about stakeholders, "Instead, the group said, they must also invest in their employees, protect the environment and deal fairly and ethically with their suppliers." No where in the article did they talk about customers.

That only works if you enjoy Universal more than WDW and for many people, that isn't the case. It just doesn't work to say, hmmmph! I'll just go to Universal unless that's the kind of experience you want. They are vastly different. Disney rides out these things because in the end, people love what they sell even if they don't like the cost of it. Will it work forever? Who knows, but it's working right now.
I havent been to Universal in 25 years, neither has my wife. We've been to Disney many times since then, and have contemplated going to Universal and/or Sea World. Universal really interests me because of Harry Potter, and now one of my sons is into it. We havent gone to Universal because Disney made it hard for us to leave the bubble, the longer you stay the cheaper the park ticket is. Now that my kids are getting older and will ride some of the bigger rides, and because Disney is popping their bubble, I can now see us spending time at Universal.

Disney will lose market share once the new Universal Park opens, the question is, how do they answer it. I can tell you that the philosophy they have right now wont do it.

Epic Universe is going to be a game changer for a lot people. Disney is going to have real competition.

I would love to see Universal take the Disney approach and try to capture you in a bubble and treat you like Disney once did.

Here is one of the problems I think. This is from an article about 200 company CEOs talking about stakeholders, "Instead, the group said, they must also invest in their employees, protect the environment and deal fairly and ethically with their suppliers." No where in the article did they talk about customers.
Look at this forum and how people treat Disney, and look at how much money people will handover to them now. In reality, why should Disney care about the consumer? We've told them that we will buy whatever the sell, and when we do that, they dont have to try anymore.

I havent been to Universal in 25 years, neither has my wife. We've been to Disney many times since then, and have contemplated going to Universal and/or Sea World. Universal really interests me because of Harry Potter, and now one of my sons is into it. We havent gone to Universal because Disney made it hard for us to leave the bubble, the longer you stay the cheaper the park ticket is. Now that my kids are getting older and will ride some of the bigger rides, and because Disney is popping their bubble, I can now see us spending time at Universal.

Disney will lose market share once the new Universal Park opens, the question is, how do they answer it. I can tell you that the philosophy they have right now wont do it.

Epic Universe is going to be a game changer for a lot people. Disney is going to have real competition.

I would love to see Universal take the Disney approach and try to capture you in a bubble and treat you like Disney once did.
We hadn't been to Universal since 2004 and just visited a couple weeks ago. Loved it! And are heading back in January. The Harry Potter areas are outstanding! My daughter has always been a big fan and she got me watching the movies during the pandemic. We're watching them all again now. There's just so much to enjoy!

Look at this forum and how people treat Disney, and look at how much money people will handover to them now. In reality, why should Disney care about the consumer? We've told them that we will buy whatever the sell, and when we do that, they dont have to try anymore.
Seriously. I mean this forum blew up about boo bash and look at all the dates selling out. There are 330 million people (possible customers) in this country and more than 200 million of them have no clue what Disney world is like or used to be like. They just know it’s a rite of passage for American families to go once with their kids. Disney will always have these people to pull from. People will absolutely pay this, hotels will still be full, and Disney will make huge profits. To the people who threaten to sell their dvc and not renew their annual pass, Disney doesn’t care. There are 5 people ready to take your place.

I sure hope Disney does not try the Paris system at WDW but when they do a paid fastpass system I am sure they will offer some free passes to resort guest. All the talk on these boards about people not going anymore is probably not to much of a concern because this is a small percentage of total visitors. Also remember WDW number one complaint the last few years is overcrowding. Even Bob admitted that they need to lower attendance closer to the ride and dinning capacity to improve the guest experience. My last trip was in Jan 2020 after a 5 year absence from the parks and I was shocked at how bad the crowds were. To help support their own resorts they should make fastpass available to resort guest only in advance and offsite guest only on the day they get there including people with a AP who are not staying onsite.

We are in kind of the same boat. We have been taking our boys to Disney since 2015, and going again this year. They are currently 15 and 12, and both still excited about Disney. We have been talking with them about next summer, and we are going to make a shift to Universal, it'll be our first trip. Honestly, with all the changes (for the worse) that are being made at Disney, we may never be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter