Starving Myself Today for the Meals of Tomorrow.

Next installment will have to wait until Wednesday. I have worked way too many hours since my last post and I am too exhausted and depressed to think about my trip! Lol

Hopefully planning the next one for August. I'll let everyone know what I decide soon :)

I can't believe it has been this long with no updates! I apologize---I have been super busy with work and the house and oh yah---planning my August trip :)

Saturday morning we awoke bright and early and headed to the desk to pick up our new room keys---loaded with our park tickets and the best part of all----the DDP

Off to Epcot for our long awaited first day meal (first real day lol) at Le Cellier

Starting off with the usual yummy pretzel bread
ry%3D400

For our apps I went with: "Appetizer Trio to Share - Tomato Stack, Duck Meatballs, and Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup $17.99"
ry%3D400

This was perfect! I have been dying to try the duck meatballs and I am glad I did. They melted in my mouth and the sweet sauce that accompanied them was the perfect balance. I couldn't pass up the soup and the tomato stack with blue cheese crumbles cooled off the rest of the dish.

TC got the: Sauteed Prince Edward Island Mussels - Served in a broth of coconut milk with celery, shallots, ginger, garlic, and rice wine. - $11.99
ry%3D400

He enjoyed this and even after getting the muscles elsewhere during the trip we both had to agree these were the best.

I didn't want a heavy steak meal since we had Yachtsman for dinner, but I CAN'T , I repeat---CAN'T go to Le Cellier and not get the mushroom filet. So thats what I went with:Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon - Served wild mushroom risotto and white truffle-herb butter sauce. - $26.99

ry%3D400

And it was as good as it always has been :)

TC got the:New York Strip Steak - Topped with bercy butter served with cream cheese mashed potatoes - $31.99
ry%3D400

We both were so beyond stuffed that we passed on desserts and didn't regret it one bit--afterall, I needed to go get my drink on :)

SO I need to find Melissa's photos as she has the rest of our drink pic...but onward to the next meal. Yachtsman.

This meal was a first and TC and I were so excited for "date night". Melissa decided to wander around the Boardwalk while we enjoyed our time alone.
ry%3D400

We were lead to a table by the windows and we got to people watch which we enjoyed.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Our waitress was fabulous and I wish I remembered her name. I would highly recommend her.

I ordered a glass of Sangria which was adorably decorated
ry%3D400

and we were given bread with sea salted butter and roasted garlic..no photos because we dug in so fast and devoured it. The onion rolls were the best

Next up was the apps. I ordered outside the box for myself and I was SO excited when I got mine: Shrimp and Grits - Jumbo Prawns, buttery hominy grits, Mangalista Port Sausage-mushroom ragout and creole butter sauce - $17.00
ry%3D400

This has the perfect amount of spicy Cajun seasoning and the hominary grits were creamy with the mushroom ragout being a great contrast. I inhaled this dish.

TC went safer and got the: Caesar Salad - Made with crisp Romaine lettuce, aged parmesan cheese, and ciabatta croutons. - $10.00
ry%3D400

Which looks boring but he loved it.

So I debated between a few meals here but since I am a sucker for filet I went for it...Afterall, it is a different filet then Le Cellier :Yachtsman Filet Mignon - 8-oz Filet served with mashed potatoes and a Cabernet wine sauce. - $41.00
ry%3D400

Cooked perfectly medium, smooth creamy mashed potatoes and the sauce was flavorful but not overpowering.

TC yet again also went with a steak dish: T Bone Steak - 24 oz. with smoked papirka fries and roasted garlic butter. - $46.00
ry%3D400

Now you need to either be a cave man or have the appetite of a competitive eater for this steak. I personally didn't like the bite I tried but then again I was feasting on a velvety smooth filet

Yet again no desserts even though our waitress was quite convincing. We just didn't have the room and didn't want to be that gluttonous. Not yet anyway :)

This night ended at Rix Lounge where we sipped Margaritas and I tried the Margarita flight. Left to right: Jalapeno, Pineapple, Hibiscus, Classic and Blueberry Basil.
ry%3D400

Favorites? Jalapeno (surprised myself!) and the classic. The rest were just "meh".

And us after way too many of their delicious tequila concoctions:
ry%3D400

Up Next:

Melissa goes home and we head to a new must do---Paradiso 37

Loving your reviews. I have recently been introduced to the Cuban sandwich and the ones you had look good! I'm going to have to get one next time I'm in the World.

I do have a lunch ADR for Le Cellier booked. The trio and the mussels look good, too. Decisions, decisions....

Your filet at Yachtsman looked awesome! We are eating there in August for the first time right before they close for their rehab. I'm a huge fan of EoS but you are making me think of some great alternatives with Bongos - I can see eating that Cuban Sandwich right now! I can't wait to try this place. Looking forward to reading more of your reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter