Starving Myself Today for the Meals of Tomorrow.

MissMichelle

DIS Veteran
Headed to the World tomorrow and while the iPhone and iPad in tow there will be a live dining report as well as daily updates on weather, wait times and more ;)

This trip consists of 5 nights (4 of them on the DXDDP) for me and the :love: and 2 nights (no dining plan) for my best friend who I am flying down for her birthday weekend (Tomorrow is her birthday!!!)

Reviews that you'll see:

Friday:Lunch at Cafe Rix, Dinner @ Bongos Counter (Plan to get Cuban Sandwiches) Margaritas from the Margarita Bar and ending the night with Lapu Lapus at the Poly

Saturday: Going Deluxe! This is our Epcot day :love: light breakfast at Cafe Rix, Lunch at Le Cellier, Margaritas La Cava De Tequila, Grey Goose Slushies in France, School Bread, Yachtsman for dinner and ending the night with drinks at Rix Lounge (Can you say Margarita and Tequila flights????)

Sunday: Just cancelled breakfast so something off site since I am driving best friend back to the airport (Renting a car for 24 hours) and will hit the outlets near by. Back to Disney for Paradiso 37 and dinner at Maya Grill. THis night is EMH at the MK so we will head there and enjoy a dole whip and if I get the munchies a pretzel :)

Monday: Gotta Love Cafe Rix for danishes and coffee then off to DHS. Lunch will be at Mama Melrose and dinner at Fulton's ...This is a first and I am SO excited! :)

Tuesday: Rainforest Cafe for breakfast since it is our AK day. From there we are heading to OKW to Olivia's for lunch. Back to the resort for a drink by the pool (if weather permits) and rest. Dinner at the Turf Club Bar and Grill.

Wednesday: Departure day but not until after I spend my last day in Epcot. Lunch at San Angel, Sake in Japan, and where ever else my stomach can handle. Ending the day with a gelato at CSR before boarding DME and heading home.

Hope you will all join me!!!

Wow! You have a lot of great restaurants selected. Can't wait to read your reviews. Sounds like you're staying at CSR, we'll be there in August. Have a great trip!!:banana:

Welcome!!! Just 12 hours away from landing in Orlando :) can't wait to get started!!

Landed at 9am and headed straight to CSR. First up was checkin then we headed to lay by the pool. 11am first order of business was a margarita at Siestas then we strolled over to cafe Rix for lunch-- Cuban sandwiches and a turkey melt. Yum!! Will hopefully get pics up and posted later after we get home for the night from DTD and the Poly but for now Internet is being really slow trying to upload pics from the iPhone to photobucket.

I would like to apologize for the lack of report and food pics. I am currently sitting in Olivia's at old key west enjoying a turtle crawl waiting for my lunch (shrimp and grits). My wifi connection has been very spotty on my iPad and my 3G on the iPhone so every time I try to get on and do an update longer then this one it is an epic fail (used that because the kid at the table next to me has a shirt that says that! Lol) though it's windy and not too warm I have a major sun burn and have been having a great time. Lots of drinks, lots of food and as of 4 pm tomorrow no more :( back to reality.

Once that happens I will be posting all of my pics so keep checking back and thanks for being patient! :)

Updating to say I am soo sad it's over. Here I am on the DME heading to the airport and I just finished snacking on school bread while I waited for the bus. It's definitely going to be difficult to go back to "regular" food lol. We enjoyed 99% of our food with a very small exception, the biggest disappointment to me was the meal I looked forward to the most :(

First update should be tomorrow as we aren't landing until 10 tonight .

Just finished uploading my photos to shutterfly (all photos from the trip were taken with my phone--- over 300 so it's been slower to transfer them) so I should be able to start the first day dining report tonight or first thing tomorrow since I have the day off from work. Thanks for your patience!!! :)

Finally!!

So where was I? Oh yes....At the beginning :)

Today's plan was to get off the plane check in and head straight to Cafe Rix...And we did. I had no idea they had Cuban Sandwiches here so this is what we all ordered.

ry%3D400

It was SO good! We were all enjoying this sitting by the water. The pickles are my favorite part of a Cuban. You could taste the smokiness of the pork, the crunch of the pickle, the saltiness of the ham and the bread was perfectly crispy on the outside soft and warm on the inside. Later on that week we saw them already made sitting under hot lamps but since we arrived and ordered these right after dropping off our luggage at 11am they were made fresh to order.

I would definitely get this again.

Later on (After a MUCH needed nap) we made our way to DTD where I originally planned my Cuban Sandwich night at Bongos....What do you think I got? More on this after drinks and a snack ;)

We stopped first at the Margarita Bar where Melissa and I both got a drink. Something fruity for her and a Patron Margarita for me.

ry%3D400

Pic taken at Cooks of Dublin
I thought I had pics from in front of the walk up bar, or of the menu but they must be on her camera. They will be added once I get them.

So since this pic was taken at Cooks we clearly were there for ONE thing---The Doh Bar..

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

To us it was kind of a disappointment, but for the $3.50ish we paid, worth trying. The "batter" was bland and the inside melted into nothingness. Not what we were looking for...So we moved on, to more drinks...

Paradiso 37 outside bar!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Another Margarita for me (SO good here!) a Pineapple Mojito for Melissa and a Southern Comfort and diet coke for TC.

I apologize for my lack of adjectives and moans and groans such as what you would find while watching shows such as "Man Vs Food", "Diners, Drive INS and Dives", and all those other food network shows that say uuggmmmmmmmmmm every time they take a bite of something on the show. But believe me, I made those groans, said those words and more during the meals of this trip. After all I was in COMPLETE food/beverage heaven!

Onto dinner...

We made our way to Bongo's for a quick bite

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

shhh I didn't post these pics--this is strictly food...... :rolleyes1
ry%3D400

And what did I get? Well Melissa and I got what we came for! More Cuban Sandwiches!! :)
Sandwich Cubano - Cuban bread with ham, pork, Swiss cheese and pickles $7.50
While TC enjoyed something different (both pictured)
Pan con Bistec - thin Cuban steak with grilled onions, mozzarella cheese, lettuce and tomatoes $8.25
ry%3D400

This was a good choice....Different from our usual EOS or Wolfgangs...We didn't mind having the same sandwich for 2 meals, they were different in flavors. Bongos was very authentic tasting to us. The pork had much more flavor and spice to it. The feel was like being somewhere other then Disney. I did not taste TC's steak sandwich but he enjoyed it and said he would get it again.

After leaving Bongo's we stopped by the coffee stand so TC could get himself something. He ended up with a coffee (or latte) spiked with Bailey's. No pic of the item but I did get one of the menu
ry%3D400

and of Melissa waiting (again :rolleyes1 )
ry%3D400

The plan for the night at this point (it was around 6pm) was hit the Tambu Lounge at the Poly and get ourselves LAPU LAPUS!!!

ry%3D400

As always, worth every drop!

Here I am enjoying my fave!
ry%3D400

And Melissa
ry%3D400

We then switched to Wildberry Margaritas

ry%3D400

And decided at this point sushi on the beach watching the fireworks was the way to go----Did I mention it is Melissa's BIRTHDAY!??!

ry%3D400

Volcano Roll - Spicy Tuna, Shrimp Salad, Tempura Crunch - $13.99
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And that was the perfect ending to a perfect day---even if I did wake up at 2:30 AM...I was on :cloud9: and couldn't have felt like a luckier person.

Wow that volcano roll looks amazing! BTW we love those Lapu Lapus too, only one though :lmao:

Oh that's just a perfect evening

Lapu Lapus, Sushi & fireworks .................. :cloud9:

Looking forward to reading more popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter