• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

STARTING week of Dec 12th, 2022 Genie+ Times will be able to be modified!

But will they get rid of the only ride once feature?
However, this is a start.
While I don't like the ride once feature personally - that one makes absolutely perfect sense to allow more availability for the more popular rides over the course of the day. I've been complaining about Genie+ since the beginning but that's probably one thing they need to keep.

Will u only be able to modify the time of your existing ride choice, or also choose a different ride without resetting the 2 hour wait window?

Will u only be able to modify the time of your existing ride choice, or also choose a different ride without resetting the 2 hour wait window?
You can choose a different ride as well BUT only in the same park. To choose a ride in a different park you have to cancel (this is according to reports - obviously anything can change in the next week).

Does this mean you will be able to pick the time, or that you will be able to modify it to the earliest available time?
You still won't be able to pick your time. The change is basically you now don't have to cancel your existing LL to pick a different one.
And how many more months before they add a pre-book feature?! I'm thinking another year before genie+ operates like fastpass+ (but with the price tag... )
I have my doubts. My thoughts are it will eventually end up similar to Express Pass without the resort benefit. I say that cause there isn't enough capacity for Genie+, FP+ or FP to work for everyone to have access to it. It's a big reason all other parks limit availability for their Skip the line passes.

If it works where, after you modify (even to a different ride), you become eligible for a new LL 2 hours after you made the ORIGINAL selection (not the modified selection) or when you tap in (whichever is earlier), that would be huge!!

Even on old Maxpass, which I believe had a sort of modify, your 90 minute window got reset if you changed. So I often faced a dilemma where I thought I’d like to modify, but I don’t want to reset my 90 min window, particularly on very crowded days.

We’ll see exactly how it work, my guess is the 2 hour window will reset to when you modify, not the original selection.

You still won't be able to pick your time. The change is basically you now don't have to cancel your existing LL to pick a different one.

I have my doubts. My thoughts are it will eventually end up similar to Express Pass without the resort benefit. I say that cause there isn't enough capacity for Genie+, FP+ or FP to work for everyone to have access to it. It's a big reason all other parks limit availability for their Skip the line passes.
Crap. This is what I thought it meant when I first read it. It would've made stacking so much easier.

The refresh method works just fine now, but it was always nerve wracking not having a stand-in LL booked just in case you don't find what you want. Being able to grab one and then continue to refresh will definitely make me feel better as I go through my day refreshing!

Last edited:
Great. Now stop making me get up at 7
LOL. I hated fast pass plus, but this is just so much worse. I think they should bring back fp+ for at least two rides booked in advance and then give the option of buying genie plus on game day. Either that or just get rid of fast passes all together...I really don't know what the solution is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter