• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Starbucks on Property

Iheartdreaming

Earning My Ears
In honor of a Starbucks opening at magic kingdom.. What do you think about having a Starbucks on property?

I have mixed feelings about it. On one had I like being able to get a nice cup of copy in the mornings, however, Starbucks reminds me of the "real world" and when I'm at Disney I want to forget all of life's stress.

Maybe an alternative could be Disney opening it's own coffee shop and having several locations. I would love to hear your opinion.
http://iheartdreaming.com/starbucks-opening-at-animal-kingdom/

too late now, Disney is not going to open its own shops.

At least they made an effort to theme their Starbucks locations except DTD, so they do not look out of place - they blend in with the parks' decor.

I love it! But I love the Joffreys coffee stands too. Finally we have good coffee at WDW!

I love Starbucks - I usually go by Starbucks for some coffee 5-6 times per week :cool1: But i'm not sure - I like the unique coffee shops at Disney, like Main St. Bakery for example. And I like all the little coffee carts around the parks- we usually just stick to those when at Disney because we can go to Starbucks any time.

I love Starbucks - I usually go by Starbucks for some coffee 5-6 times per week :cool1: But i'm not sure - I like the unique coffee shops at Disney, like Main St. Bakery for example. And I like all the little coffee carts around the parks- we usually just stick to those when at Disney because we can go to Starbucks any time.
I agree, when I'm at Disney I want to get something special.

too late now, Disney is not going to open its own shops.

At least they made an effort to theme their Starbucks locations except DTD, so they do not look out of place - they blend in with the parks' decor.
They definitely did not skimp on theme. I think the animal kingdom one is going to have my favorite decor, from the outside at least.

I wasn't sure until I walked into a Starbucks back home and saw that I could get the exact same pastries that I'd had at WDW. Since then, I'm for it. Maybe I don't want to be reminded of the "real world" when I'm at WDW, but it's sure nice to be reminded of WDW when I'm home!

I'll never go into a Starbucks at Disney. If I'm over paying for Disney anyway it's not going to be at a chain joint. That's why I will not be going to Earl of sandwich because I can get that at the Florida turnpike Plaza.

Hooooked on Starbucks. Everytime Im at DTD I hit up both locations...I had a cup of Joffreys at Epcot and it just tasted burnt or scorched. Not good at all. Starbucks for everybody!

Was just wondering this is exact thing about how people felt about it.

I'm really sad to see the unique bakeries change over to Starbucks shops. While we do use Starbucks frequently at home, I know we won't be going into one while a WDW. When I'm at Disney I want something different.

Love Starbucks and Love that they are at Disney!!! Glad to be able to get a good latte or Frappuccino on a hot day.

I like Starbucks and loved the fact that I could get a good coffee in Disney. I have a ritual - every year when we arrive at Orlando on Xmas Eve, I stop at the Starbucks in Orlando International and grab a Peppermint latte. The ritual started a few years ago. I would grab my last cup of real coffee. Now I do it out of habit, but I love the fact that I could grab a great cup of coffee at Disney too.

I don't mind the Starbucks at Disney, I think they are all themed well and really don't take anything away from the spots they are in, I'll stop in and have an occasional coffee or drink. I also like the "you are here" mug collection. Joffrey's has also hooked me! Just ordered a bunch of coffee from there from the flavored collection and their Disney collection, very good!

Maybe an alternative could be Disney opening it's own coffee shop and having several locations.

The Joffrey's espresso locations didn't count for you already?

When I'm at Disney I want something different.

I certainly hope you have gone to the Joffrey's locations, then. They are a Florida coffee roasting company and have been at the parks since at least 2010 when I had my first WDW trip.

I certainly hope you have gone to the Joffrey's locations, then. They are a Florida coffee roasting company and have been at the parks since at least 2010 when I had my first WDW trip.

It's been 13 years so not yet but we will now. My husband is a huge coffee lover and started roasting his own a couple years ago. He loves trying different roasts and beans so I know he will love this.

So should they not have Edy's ice cream advertised in the Ice Cream Parlor? Or no Coke products advertised? There are plenty of outside companies advertised.

These locations are not officially called Starbucks. The one at MK is still called Main Street Bakery. There is no lighted Starbucks sign like you would see at home.

I love that they have Starbucks in Disney. I am a Starbucks fanatic and collect the city mugs whenever I can. Also Starbucks in America have a different menu than Starbucks in Ireland and Starbucks in UK. The basic coffee is the same, but there are different drinks and food. Going to Starbucks in Disney is part of my American experiences. Also I can use my Irish Starbucks card in America, so for vacation budgeting I can load up my card and know that I can buy my coffee and food without dipping into my vacation money

So should they not have Edy's ice cream advertised in the Ice Cream Parlor? Or no Coke products advertised? There are plenty of outside companies advertised.

These locations are not officially called Starbucks. The one at MK is still called Main Street Bakery. There is no lighted Starbucks sign like you would see at home.

It's not so much the name as in I have no interest in eating/drinking Starbucks or Edy's while I am on vacation. Half the fun of vacation is trying new foods. When we travel (no matter where) we stay away from chains and try new things.

Half the fun of vacation is trying new foods. When we travel (no matter where) we stay away from chains and try new things.

AGREED :)
Just remember that many many people who visit Disney are not American and so visiting Starbucks in Disney is trying something different. The majority of the menu of Starbucks USA is different to Starbucks Ireland and Starbucks UK for example, so for me Starbucks in Disney is having drinks and food that I would not have at home

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter