Star Wars Weekend Tips 2012

Stopped by dhs yesterday and today. my soon built a droid both days. They need to work on streamlining and making the queue more wheelchair and stroller friendly.pics to come

I got ignored on these 2, so I'll ask again.

1. I heard celebrities have a walk-in line for people without a Fastpass. Is this true?

2. Is Weekend 1's map out yet?

1.- It is very rare that celebs take walk ins, apart from guaranteed FP they also have a number of people with a stanby ticket so it's highly unlikely that they'll have time for someome without fp or standby
2.- No

I got ignored on these 2, so I'll ask again.

1. I heard celebrities have a walk-in line for people without a Fastpass. Is this true?

2. Is Weekend 1's map out yet?

I bypass questions I don't have a good answer to. I didn't know what a "walk-in" line meant so I chose not to answer this.

2. Believe me, when the map and schedule of weekend 1 is posted it will be heard of and talked about immediately.

Thanks :thumbsup2 I'm going to look up this week's times guide and see if there's any SWW related stuff.

Great map Karpkg and thanks for the info yulilin3:thumbsup2

Hey guys I've compiled all the celebs, characters and show times on my blog for easy tracking/usage. Please let me know if I miss anything. I'm thinking of comprising many of these great tips (with credit given) in a simple format too, what do you think?

I've already added this weekend's regular showtimes. Just waiting on the actual SWW shows to be confirmed for this year.

http://kennythepirate.com/star-wars-weekends/

Hey guys I've compiled all the celebs, characters and show times on my blog for easy tracking/usage. Please let me know if I miss anything. I'm thinking of comprising many of these great tips (with credit given) in a simple format too, what do you think?

I've already added this weekend's regular showtimes. Just waiting on the actual SWW shows to be confirmed for this year.

http://kennythepirate.com/star-wars-weekends/

Great idea! And love your blog! I subscribed today and have been reading through it...lots of info!:thumbsup2

Just wanted to confirm that Jedi Training Academy sign ups will be at Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular by their FP machines during SWW

Do you know if this is this also where Padawan Mind Challenge sign-ups will take place?

Is it possible to do both JTA and PMC in the same day?

Thanks for all of your help!

Do you know if this is this also where Padawan Mind Challenge sign-ups will take place?

Is it possible to do both JTA and PMC in the same day?

Thanks for all of your help!

I'm almost 100% sure that it'll be in the same place to sign up for both, but sign up first for JTA as those spots go faster. And you can do both the same day, if the time slot they give you for JTA doesn't coincide with the PMC. Last year PMC was 2:10 and 6:30.

I don't plan on getting any autographs. I just wanted to see the storm troopers in the am, and get a pic with chewie and dearth vader and the various characters wandering the park.
What time should I plan on getting there to see the storm troopers at the entrance? I would be so disapointed to miss them "guiding us".
After reading all the early times to arrive I am getting a bit nervous.....

Awesome map Karpkg!!!
As for JTA, once again, I would get there as early as possible, if the park is scheduled to open at 9am I would be there ay 8:15am...why?...because there are going to be people in front of you in the turnstiles that are going to sign up, at park opening they'll be inside the park before you...you don't want to show up before park opening (8:30am or 8:45am) and still not be able to sign the kids up. There will be 16 shows of JTA during SWW each will have 24 kids per show. It may sound like alot but it'll fill up in the first 20 to 30min after park opening.
No word yet on SWW official schedule or map.
Cast members that have seen rehearsals of Hyperspace Hoopla have said it's going to be awesome.
Keep in mind the POSTED (ie: preprinted brochures, maps, etc) times may be incorrect. Last year, DHS was listed as 9am opening, but during SWW, opened at 8. Thanks to Disboards, I knew that and was at the gate at 7am. by 7:45 it was fairly crowded.

I don't plan on getting any autographs. I just wanted to see the storm troopers in the am, and get a pic with chewie and dearth vader and the various characters wandering the park.
What time should I plan on getting there to see the storm troopers at the entrance? I would be so disapointed to miss them "guiding us".
After reading all the early times to arrive I am getting a bit nervous.....
Storm troopers appeared about 15 minutes before the gates opened. I believe they stayed on the gate roof for an hour after, but we were in the park, so I can't say for sure.

Show up 30 minutes before to be "safe". Then you'll probably have time to kill before the characters come out.

Hi! I pop in here every Star Wars Weekend. Last year I followed the postings to keep up with the hype around the first weekend when George Lucas was rumored to appear and we went that weekend. I've been 2 years in a row and we're surprising my son with a trip this year.

Unless you're a die-hard for the big names like Ray Park, then yes - you need to get to the park really early like around 7 a.m.

If you just want to enjoy the day, then you can get there at gate opening. Last year we were scared into getting to the park early because it was Star Tours opening weekend and we wanted to try to get our son into JTA. We arrived at 8:30 and he was in just fine. Turns out we had to miss the parade. Wish we hadn't even bothered with JTA because the parade is better.

Here's my advice - If you have kids . . . relax and enjoy. The best time we had was the first year we went 2 years ago. We were oblivious to everything, went with the flow and had the time of our lives. The park clears out toward the end of the day and you can walk on rides so easily. Last year, opening weekend, Daniel Logan (little Boba) accepted guests at his autograph area after his passes ran out. He was amazingly grateful and awesome. A couple of other folks did the same thing. Be patient, young padawans.

Again, if you're there for your kid, just relax and go with the flow. Seeing the characters is far more fun for the kids than standing in line to meet them.

Cheers!

I'll be there Friday and Saturday 18-19 and will be tweeting and posting photos heavily to my blog concerning the character meets, locations and estimated wait times for those hunting characters.

If anyone wants any specific photos, locations or info, just tweet me.

Yay,I already follow you. :)

I will be tweeting that first star wars weekend too. I tweet a lot, especially pics, during my Disney trips (I leave this Tuesday), if anyone wants to follow along :)

http://twitter.com/heatherw25

After looking over the Jedi Training schedule, it appears that the Celebrity Motorcade is going to be at 12:40pm

Here are some pictures from before the gates opened last year. The time stamp on my camera wasn't working right, so these times are estimated:

7:30AM (30 minutes before gate opening):
DSC_0695.jpg

7:50AM (10 minutes before gate opening):
DSC_0713.jpg

It doesn't look like a lot of people but JTA tickets were gone by 8:30AM (30 minutes after gates opened).

After looking over the Jedi Training schedule, it appears that the Celebrity Motorcade is going to be at 12:40pm

I posted all the updated info back on page 51 if you want to take a look. All the times from last year appear to be the same a this year

Here are some pictures from before the gates opened last year. The time stamp on my camera wasn't working right, so these times are estimated:

7:30AM (30 minutes before gate opening):
DSC_0695.jpg

7:50AM (10 minutes before gate opening):
DSC_0713.jpg

It doesn't look like a lot of people but JTA tickets were gone by 8:30AM (30 minutes after gates opened).

Great pics, it's good for people to have an idea on crowds...in your second picture we can play: Find the only person that's smiling at the stormtroopers antics...people are so serious :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter