star wars spectacular

30-45 min should be good but I would aim to get there 30 min prior to the Disney Movie Magic projection show which is usually done 20 min prior to Star Wars. The area you want to be in is fairly small so the earlier the better.

Anywhere toward the middle of the park with a clear view of the Chinese theater is where you want to be. Robo's map shows it well.

Yes to this! This is the advice we followed when we were at HS on May the 4th Be With You day... which was very crowded. DH and DS staked out a spot for us right in the open area while DD and I hit the rest rooms. They were there 30 min prior to Movie Magic (50 min prior to Star Wars). Everyone in the open area was seated, it was a very easy going crowd. And we thought "wow this is great we will get to sit for the show" nope... 5 min before Movie Magic they brought in a bunch of people (FP? Dessert Party?) and put them right in front of everyone and they told the crowd to stand up and move in closer so more people could get in the open area. :crazy2: We shuffled forward and more to the middle which was fine. DH and DS blocked out a space for me as I am a shorty. I would say I could see most of everything but did have to strain to see all three panels. It was definitely worth it. It looked like the whole Main St. was full too for Movie Magic so I have no idea where people coming out of F! stood to watch Star Wars.

I like to watch from over by HBD. I found this by accident when I went into the Brown Derby to use the restrooms and came out as the show was beginning and had a great view. It's kind of a side view, so not as direct as if you stand in front of the Chinese Theatre, but you can pretty much see everything and you can stand right up against a fence so no one can get in front of you.

We will be there mid-June. Looking forward to checking this out. Kind of wondering if they will have worked some Solo material in at that point.

We will be there mid-June. Looking forward to checking this out. Kind of wondering if they will have worked some Solo material in at that point.

They are supposed to add some Solo scenes to the Galactic Spectacular starting with the showing of Star Wars Galactic Nights on May 27th.

Yes it is worth staying! Awesome show! HEA is the best one at Disney but this one is a close 2nd and I don't really care that much for Star Wars :bitelip:

Oh if you saw the firework show I saw back in 2015 for Star Wars at HS, you would have LOVED the fireworks. Best show I’ve ever seen. Man I miss it. Don’t know why they stopped it. Blew away anything Disney ever did. I think it was called symphony in the stars or something like that

But yes OP. It’s worth seeing.

We saw this in 2016 and loved it!! And we aren't even big Star War Fans..Wasn't long after we were there that they switched to the newer version I believe. How does the Symphony in the Stars compare to the current version?

We saw this in 2016 and loved it!! And we aren't even big Star War Fans..Wasn't long after we were there that they switched to the newer version I believe. How does the Symphony in the Stars compare to the current version?
About 75% less fireworks and the addition of projections on the Chinese Theater, lasers and fire effects.
Now it is not called a fireworks show but a "Spectacular"
Symphony in the Stars was an AMAZING fireworks show, best one on property in my opinion. SW AA Galactic Spectacular is an AMAZING projection show with fireworks components

About 75% less fireworks and the addition of projections on the Chinese Theater, lasers and fire effects.
Symphony in the Stars was an AMAZING fireworks show, best one on property in my opinion. SW AA Galactic Spectacular is an AMAZING projection show with fireworks components

Omg yes the fire effects were so hot, got lots of ooos and ahhhs! ::yes::

We love the Star Wars galactic spectacular. As mentioned, it's not so much a fireworks show as a projection show. As with HEA, those of us directionally challenged, will have issues seeing projections. We sprung for the HEA dessert package (and I don't really eat desserts), just so I could watch. I watched the SW show from the side. I just kept moving to the side as people stood in front of me. My DS and DH liked the SWGS more than HEA.

30-45 min should be good but I would aim to get there 30 min prior to the Disney Movie Magic projection show which is usually done 20 min prior to Star Wars. The area you want to be in is fairly small so the earlier the better.

Anywhere toward the middle of the park with a clear view of the Chinese theater is where you want to be. Robo's map shows it well.

Ooh, good point. I'll plan on getting there 30 min before Disney Movie Magic

Yes to this! This is the advice we followed when we were at HS on May the 4th Be With You day... which was very crowded. DH and DS staked out a spot for us right in the open area while DD and I hit the rest rooms. They were there 30 min prior to Movie Magic (50 min prior to Star Wars). Everyone in the open area was seated, it was a very easy going crowd. And we thought "wow this is great we will get to sit for the show" nope... 5 min before Movie Magic they brought in a bunch of people (FP? Dessert Party?) and put them right in front of everyone and they told the crowd to stand up and move in closer so more people could get in the open area. :crazy2: We shuffled forward and more to the middle which was fine. DH and DS blocked out a space for me as I am a shorty. I would say I could see most of everything but did have to strain to see all three panels. It was definitely worth it. It looked like the whole Main St. was full too for Movie Magic so I have no idea where people coming out of F! stood to watch Star Wars.

Oh good! Thanks for sharing your experience!

I like to watch from over by HBD. I found this by accident when I went into the Brown Derby to use the restrooms and came out as the show was beginning and had a great view. It's kind of a side view, so not as direct as if you stand in front of the Chinese Theatre, but you can pretty much see everything and you can stand right up against a fence so no one can get in front of you.

Maybe we'll end up here! Thanks for the tip!

Good to know!! Thanks!!

Is there a reason there are no DHS fireworks shows listed for September? I know that sometimes schedules have to be updated, but everything else, (including MK Halloween party), is listed.

hmmm...I've been reading all the comments and thinking as someone who is 5 foot ZERO and hates being packed in among sweaty people, this might be the way to go. Were there other people standing where you were or were you easily able to get to the fence? And what area of the HBD were you standing by?
I'm thinking I might grab a drink at the HBD lounge then meander over for the show.

At the sw dessert party, are you directed into the reserved watching area in time to watch the Disney Movie Magic show also?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter