STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

I don't know if I can do this hold music for 3 hours
I would view hold music as a sign of good progress. I've gotten only busy signals, dropped calls, and recorded messages that my call did not go through.

I am on hold. I called in within seconds. Called the first time and got the not open message. Hung up and then called again immediately and got the waitlist.

Are there any travel agents who booking through would be faster? Or are they subject to the same system as everybody else.

I am on hold. I called in within seconds. Called the first time and got the not open message. Hung up and then called again immediately and got the waitlist.
Oof. I'm glad for you but that's a rough sign for us! We did the same, on two phones. No dice.

Are there any travel agents who booking through would be faster? Or are they subject to the same system as everybody else.
I'm not sure it would matter much. It's 5:30 in the morning where I am; no travel agents are going to be open. I do wonder why Disney decided this experience can only be booked by phone though. Very 1991.

I got through the first layer. Someone answers and asks to make sure you have everything ready and that dates are available, now I am on hold for starcruiser and they said wait time is more than 2 hours.

Since I've got nothing else to do while listening to busy signals, I suppose I'll just keep posting here.

If the statement on the Galactic Starcruiser website is accurate and cruise availability is updated in real time, it doesn't look like cruises are filling at any sort of noticeable pace. I don't think that a single date that showed as "available" when I logged on this morning is showing as "unavailable" now. So perhaps this is a problem of having 2000 people trying to get in on the 2 dedicated lines (or whatever insufficient number) for booking.

I got through the first layer. Someone answers and asks to make sure you have everything ready and that dates are available, now I am on hold for starcruiser and they said wait time is more than 2 hours.
Oh my god. Thanks for the update. Good luck!

At least their hold line is just nonstop space sounds rather than a prerecorded message coming on every minute that says "WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE"

Since I've got nothing else to do while listening to busy signals, I suppose I'll just keep posting here.

If the statement on the Galactic Starcruiser website is accurate and cruise availability is updated in real time, it doesn't look like cruises are filling at any sort of noticeable pace. I don't think that a single date that showed as "available" when I logged on this morning is showing as "unavailable" now. So perhaps this is a problem of having 2000 people trying to get in on the 2 dedicated lines (or whatever insufficient number) for booking.
Booking the Starcruiser is also a VERY slow process.

The first time I called to book when 2023 dates opened, I was on the phone for 45 minutes with an agent and had to hang up because it was taking too long. The second time I had all the quotes, dates, etc… and it still took a half hour with an agent. The third time (when they retroactively applied the AP discount), I was on with an agent for an hour.

I think it’s going to be a long day on the phones for folks with interest.

Last edited:
To be fair it is a very long process/a lot of time spent on each person to book or at least it was when it did it before. They ask you A LOT of questions and give A LOT of info before finalizing.
What kind of questions? I'm preparing a "Booking Info Sheet" for my husband, since I actually can't devote the entire day to this. We're now tag-teaming.

What kind of questions? I'm preparing a "Booking Info Sheet" for my husband, since I actually can't devote the entire day to this. We're now tag-teaming.
Things they tell you to have ready on the website. dates, make sure you can pay, name of people going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter