STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

On another board people are saying that the fold down beds are smaller than a twin and only sleeping bag width. Since we've booked the Galaxy Class Suite two of us adults are going to be sleeping on those fold down beds. Can anyone actually confirm dimensions? To me they looked like regular fold downs that are in the DVC living rooms and some of the other hotels. I swear I saw something saying they would support adults up to 6'3".

I believe the bunks are the ones that can fit adults up to 6’2/6’3”, but the fold down ones are smaller (Brooke McDonald did a comparison where she laid down in one to show its size. She’s 5’9”/5’10” and barely fit on the fold down.

I believe the bunks are the ones that can fit adults up to 6’2/6’3”, but the fold down ones are smaller (Brooke McDonald did a comparison where she laid down in one to show its size. She’s 5’9”/5’10” and barely fit on the fold down.
My husband and I are both under 5'9" but we're the two paying the lion's share of the cost of the room and were hoping that we'd get the queen bed. If our traveling companions can't fit (one is almost 6' and the other is like 5'10") and both are on the larger size, I guess we'll be sleeping on the pull downs.

My husband and I are both under 5'9" but we're the two paying the lion's share of the cost of the room and were hoping that we'd get the queen bed. If our traveling companions can't fit (one is almost 6' and the other is like 5'10") and both are on the larger size, I guess we'll be sleeping on the pull downs.
If you are footing the larger part of the bill I know i personally would want to be comfortable. What about switching to the standard cabin with 1 Q and 2 bunks? Honestly those bunks look fun to me, pull down, not so much.

We're now less than 7 weeks from the beginning of our trip (and 53 days from boarding the Star Cruiser). I'm logged into the shopDisney app and I'm seeing almost nothing with respect to adult costume options. There are several things for kids, but the only adult costume option I see is a Resistance Vest for Women, and that's only available in extra small.

Is it a matter of just having to continually check the app, or am I not searching properly? I'm searching for Star Wars under the category "clothing." I also searched "costumes" and "star cruiser" and had no better luck.

Has anyone stayed on the Starcruiser with food allergies? Anyone seen an allergen menu or have comments or experience about allergy options during this new experience? (At that price point which includes the food, I want to know my options before even considering a future voyage...) TIA

We're now less than 7 weeks from the beginning of our trip (and 53 days from boarding the Star Cruiser). I'm logged into the shopDisney app and I'm seeing almost nothing with respect to adult costume options. There are several things for kids, but the only adult costume option I see is a Resistance Vest for Women, and that's only available in extra small.

Is it a matter of just having to continually check the app, or am I not searching properly? I'm searching for Star Wars under the category "clothing." I also searched "costumes" and "star cruiser" and had no better luck.

https://www.shopdisney.com/star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/

Good morning! I’m wondering if anyone can offer some insight or advice. We have a trip booked for July. We booked it before the Starcruiser actually opened. We called a couple of times and our call was answered right away. Well a week ago we decided we wanted to change our dates. I have called and called (both phone numbers) and I cannot get through. I also emailed and was promised a return call within 72 hours. No one has called and it’s been a week.
We decided to leave our dates but this worries me for our HS booking day. I was told to call May 10 to book Ogas or droid depot. How does this work if no one answers the phone? Any ideas of another way to get through?
I feel like I should return to my post with a small update to save Disney’s name a little. I talked to my husband and apparently a Starcruiser cast member did call him back. It did take 4 days though. He forgot to tell me someone called. He also said they gave him a 3rd phone number to call and told him it was for people with existing reservations. This gives me more hope! Thanks again for the responses.

Has anyone stayed on the Starcruiser with food allergies? Anyone seen an allergen menu or have comments or experience about allergy options during this new experience? (At that price point which includes the food, I want to know my options before even considering a future voyage...) TIA
From what I understand (allergy mom here, 2 with severe tree nut) you meet with Guest Services between 1-4 on the departure day, and they will go over all the options. The chef’s will also leave off things if need be (ie the mac and cheese from the nugget/cheese dish). Of all places, Disney is one where I feel very safe dining!

Our waiter was very attentive and I definitely will try to give him props on the survey when we get home. We noted our youngest’s egg allergy and he was sure to point out which items had eggs and didn’t. He even brought out a separate tray of sauces on one of the nights just to make sure no one accidentally gave him the one with eggs. To make it even harder on him, DH and DS11 are Catholic so they were going meat free on our Friday. He made sure to explain which foods had meat products in them and brought out an extra veggie serving on the shareables.

I

I have an uncommon allergy that was noted on the reservation. I did not ask about breakfast and lunch (buffet) because I tend to know what to avoid. For dinner the first night the server pointed out foods that could be problematic. For dinner the second night I was served substitutes where necessary. I was a little bummed the second night because I felt like the substitutes weren’t particularly creative or up to the quality of other dishes. But I also felt like vegetarians and vegans were rather shortchanged as well (based on seeing our dining companions’ substitute dishes).

I see someone else posted the link to the actual Starcruiser costume page above. I was hoping to see more choices from Disney, too. I ended up doing a deep dive at Etsy. They have some amazing cosplay outfits. But they aren't cheap...

Roll Call

3/3/2022

@squirk

3/5/2022
@Punkrockbebop

3/11/2022
@Kmk2

3/13/2022
@Cynthiab

3/21/2022
@RebelHawk

3/25/2022
@The Expert
@GaSleepingBeautyFan

3/27/2022
@opusone
@Cluelyss

3/29/2022
@E2ME2

4/2/2022
@lundve

4/4/2022
@auralia

4/6/2022
@tinksdreamwishes
@msmama

4/12/2022
@NiceOneSimba
@wench
@Kippy

4/16/2022
@Justplainchy

4/22/2022
@bookbabe626

4/24/2022
@Kdp2
@PrionFawkes

4/28/2022
@HappyTap

5/2/2022
@Littlelulu01
@Chirple
@fabricmage

5/4/2022
@Spazz2k
@floribr1

5/6/2022
@csmommy
@mousedroid

5/22/2022
@Melanie415

5/27/2022
@CharlotteStreet

5/28/2022
@LennyMachine

6/1/2022
@Lloydian

6/5/2022

@Quilty

6/9/2022
@Anotherdropintheocean

6/19/2022
@kimwoje

6/23/2022
@mom2elle
@PolyNeverGirl

7/11/2022
@nakster

7/15/2022
@foodiddiedoo

8/4/2022
@TNickell27

8/6/2022
@yowcruiser

8/8/2022
@davejor

8/12/2022
@Tasmen
@FrannyFrogs
@MarcusPrimus

8/22/2022
@iheartglaciers
@CanadianKrista
@Esteri

8/26/2022
@ofcabbagesandkings

8/30/2022
@Shark Head

9/7/2022
@leholcomb

9/9/2022
@ShadowCross

9/13/2022
@karmacats

9/19/2022
@musical2
7/17/2022 CynthiaC925

It sounds like you are on the voyage right after ours! We're boarding on May the Fourth... :D

You are probably searching correctly... When I check at our 60-day point, I also noticed that the pickings were slim. I think a lot of the merch got sold out immediately, and has not been replenished. I'm guessing it is due to supply chain issues.

It sounds like you are on the voyage right after ours! We're boarding on May the Fourth... :D

You are probably searching correctly... When I check at our 60-day point, I also noticed that the pickings were slim. I think a lot of the merch got sold out immediately, and has not been replenished. I'm guessing it is due to supply chain issues.

https://www.shopdisney.com/star-war...starcruiser&searchType=redirect&pdpRedirect=0
There is a ton of stuff when I check...I also just put galactic starcruiser in the search box....takes you to the whole section. Anyone can see it, you just cant buy it till 60 days or 30 days after...I know more than I care to admit about the whole process due to issues...

BTW it is only 1 item per size per family....so if you try to say buy 2 medium shirts of the same kind...it is a no go, but if you do 1 medium and 1 large..you are good to go

I thought my hubby would be all for this! However, when I told him it wasn't limited to say 12+, he said no way would he spend that kind of money, to have it be ruined by little kids having Disney melt downs.

So, Im wondering if down the road, once the initial newness wears off, if they will consider making a FEW dates adult only. I feel like this will becoming more of a LARP event if that were the case. Because lets face it, how many fans would who are willing to pay this kind of money are going to come back just for the "hotel", no it will be the stories and being engaged within the story.

Any maybe Ive missed that, that is a possibility..............I just started reading here, and did not start way at the beginning.

So, Im wondering if down the road, once the initial newness wears off, if they will consider making a FEW dates adult only.
I certainly have no idea, but would find it highly unlikely, in my opinion, that Disney would limit this to adults only. The entire Star Wars story is essentially built around "melt downs" that ultimately lead to light saber battles and laser gun fights that go pew pew. Kids potentially having melt downs just seems par for the course to me IMO, but I can see why others may not share that same point of view.

So, Im wondering if down the road, once the initial newness wears off, if they will consider making a FEW dates adult only.

I have not heard any news of this and kind of doubt it would happen (it is Disney after all). But as a parent it would not bother me if they did some adult-only voyages. It would actually be a bit of a relief.

I'm concerned that if we did this experience with our 10 year old kiddo (who still can have some doozy meltdowns) we'd have to worry about others being upset by kids being kids and the price point just makes the stress all the higher. I would certainly rather be on a voyage with other families or adults who are tolerant playing along with children (meltdowns and all).

Has the Disney Cruise Line ever done adult only experiences? If not, I doubt it would happen here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter