• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

The Rep we booked with was excellent, but not sure if she mis-stated something, or I mis-heard it. Either is possible and, after a 4 hour wait in the cone of silence, my brain was probably oxygen-deprived. What I heard was that insurance could be added up until 30-Days prior to travel. What I did not hear/understand was that since we paid in full at time of booking, we would have had to add the insurance at that same time. Now I'm told that I missed my WOO (Window Of Opportunity) on the insurance policy. Trust me, I have no intention of cancelling, but noone can predict the future, and that's why there's insurance. I usually always insure my other trips, and this is a very expensive gamble, without insurance. I can't even plead my case to a CM, because the Galactic Starcruiser line is still experiencing extremely heavy delays, and I'm not up for another 4-hour silent wait at this point. I did submit a request for reconsideration via the email contact option, and I will report back on their response................... 🤞
Ask if you can cancel then rebook.

So not related to pre booking... so in the design process of this hotel, at some point they said "Look I don't think people can take this for more than 2 days or they may flip out"

It is a real thing....so I wonder what it will be like to work in this thing everyday if you are a cast member.....

Just image you wake up, drive to Mickey Town ...get dressed up as an Ewok and clean rooms (rooms with no windows) for 8 or so hours a day. Or you have to dress up like a squid and have claw hands and mix cocktails...

Was the Space 220 restaurant actually created as a type of farm system to feed employees to Galactic Starcruiser? The ones who make it get called up...the hacks get sent to Star Tours for further evaluation....

Also side note.....have been working on my own character ideas for my sailing... and while I do not have any "costume ideas" or "sides" picked out yet....I am pretty sure on the voice. I am going to talk like Cameron from Ferris Bueller's Day Off doing the voice of Mr. Peterson

If u don’t mind, can I get the price quote for the galaxy suite? (Number of guests in the room). I am booked in a standard room and thinking about upgrading. It wasn’t too much extra but not sure if I was quoted a pp up charge or a total up charge. I declined the offer at the time not knowing it was a full day affair to try and talk to someone about changes. I know u r booked different days but it would give me a ballpark. Thanks.

It was $7763.80 for 4 ppl (2 adult, 2 teenagers).

Sort of interesting to me that it appears Visa holders get the same booking window as 33/Golden Oak (9/30) and not AP/DVC (5/4). AP/DVC would be a much larger pool of possible guests, guess they wanted to keep inventory more open for when general booking starts.

Visa guests had to go last and missed the dates already sold out, but have roughly 5 more months of inventory to play with. Not a terrible trade off.

Did I read somewhere that the trip price is subject to change before it is paid in full? If so, I suppose paying in full now would guard against something like that happening. Pretty sure any price fluctuations won't lower the cost...
Actually just booked my trip and was told this scenario won't happen. Whatever price I'm quoted, that's the price, whether I do the required 20% down or any amount over that. Obviously if I change things up, depending when and to what extent, I could be subject to different fees and prices.

They told me May 4th! Either way, it wouldn’t work for me but I wish they had some consistency in the information they provide! I’m just hoping when it opens to general booking, we can go past September.
I got picked up on just before the four-hour mark. I could book out to 9/30 as a Visa holder. Booked a Galaxy Suite for 8/30 for me and two kids for about $6,400. Added trip insurance and a night at the Captain's Table, so all told, about $6,600. (I can drop the Cap Table later if I want to.) I may look to push the trip to November, depending on the cost differential. It does sound like I'll need to call to make that change though, as opposed to doing that in the app, so all in all, I expect to stick with what I have.

I got picked up on just before the four-hour mark. I could book out to 9/30 as a Visa holder. Booked a Galaxy Suite for 8/30 for me and two kids for about $6,400. Added trip insurance and a night at the Captain's Table, so all told, about $6,600. (I can drop the Cap Table later if I want to.) I may look to push the trip to November, depending on the cost differential. It does sound like I'll need to call to make that change though, as opposed to doing that in the app, so all in all, I expect to stick with what I have.
Interesting -- 2 Adults in a Galaxy Suite was about $6400 o_O

Finally made it in to get a reservation, almost exactly five hours after I first called (40 minutes on first queue, the rest on silent). I was originally thinking about trying for a captains table dinner but they were all gone March and April, the first available was for the May 6th sailing. I decided I'd rather go earlier rather than wait that long so I opted for an early March booking, standard cabin (they also said all suites were gone March and April). Paid deposit today, rest due by December 9th.

Also asked if I could book Oga's, but they said you would just book that like any other visit to WDW, 60 days out... the Savi's and Droid Depot reservations they said there would be some specific spots for Galactic StarCruiser guests to reserve but were not sure how that would work yet. I've already done both so I'll be able to leave sots open for others!

The agent was really nice and very helpful, so at least that part of the experience was pretty good.

I'd hoped by calling at 6:59am, I wouldn't have this long of a wait. Took an hour for someone to pick up and for me to get prequalified and then put in the silent que.
Been in the silent que for 4 hours 18 minutes now.

Glad I don't have any place to go other than to our warehouse for work. And my husband wants this so bad he told me to just show up after it's been booked. At this rate I may not have to work today.

And I'm almost done cutting the t-shirts for the king size quilt. Up next will be cutting the interfacing for them all.

And I will be suggesting to my husband that he use a travel agent (dreams unlimited of course) if he decides to do this again sometime with his best friend.

And I will be suggesting to my husband that he use a travel agent (dreams unlimited of course) if he decides to do this again sometime with his best friend.
I used a Dreams Unlimited Travel agent for the first time to book our voyage for May the Fourth, and it was very easy... We had actually arrived at WDW and were sitting at Docking Bay 7 in Galaxy's Edge on September 30 when I received the email from DVC about the early booking window. After reading through these comments I am even more grateful I went the travel agent route! We were able to sleep in, and our agent was able to send us our confirmation of booking before 11am on October 7.

I am just curious, and would be grateful to anyone who cares to respond to my question... Other than those who are booking this using DVC points, why wouldn't you use a travel agent for this? It costs nothing extra and apparently saves hours and hours of waiting on the phone. Is it just a desire to be "in control" of the whole situation? Honestly baffled as to why not to use a TA...

I used a Dreams Unlimited Travel agent for the first time to book our voyage for May the Fourth, and it was very easy... We had actually arrived at WDW and were sitting at Docking Bay 7 in Galaxy's Edge on September 30 when I received the email from DVC about the early booking window. After reading through these comments I am even more grateful I went the travel agent route! We were able to sleep in, and our agent was able to send us our confirmation of booking before 11am on October 7.

I am just curious, and would be grateful to anyone who cares to respond to my question... Other than those who are booking this using DVC points, why wouldn't you use a travel agent for this? It costs nothing extra and apparently saves hours and hours of waiting on the phone. Is it just a desire to be "in control" of the whole situation? Honestly baffled as to why not to use a TA...

I haven't used a TA for travel in well over 10 years - forgot they exist! :rotfl2: I don't know enough about them to ask them to do something that is very important to me, had no idea it would be free & as a DVC member totally forgot about them.

Boy do I wish I had. I didn't expect it to take this long. I am so used to do everything myself that it never occurs to me to use one. Plus being DVC I'm usually booking with points so I can't use a travel agent.

But it is a given now that I will use one in the future for something like this! And if I ever do a cruise for sure.

We are in! My husband is going to be so happy. And the Cast Member who booked us was Towanda! I told her she was famous on the Disboards. She said she loved that.

A total time of 6 hours 28 minutes from the time I called at 6:59am until I got off the phone with Towanda.

Please add us to the Roll Call - March 25 - GaSleepingBeautyFan

It was $7763.80 for 4 ppl (2 adult, 2 teenagers).
Thanks. My date falls at same number of dvc points as yours so safe to say same or similar cash rate. Your room was $1130 more than my standard room with 4 adults. Not really that much extra in the scheme of things.

6 hours and 30 minutes on hold. Standard cabin April 4th 2 adults and a 11 year old and 15 year old 7313$ with insurance…… I booked it but it’s hard to pull that trigger I could do a week long cruise…..

No Incentive, booking with a friend, and we both wanted to "seal the deal" and take advantage of the CC Points ....
I had no idea that it would negate my insurance privileges!
Does your credit card offer travel insurance? Mine with points gives travel insurance if you use the card to book the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter