• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

I called a few different numbers last night to ask about how far out booking today would go and if an email had been sent. The -5277 number had a 60-plus-minute wait, so I tried the 407-939-7865 number off the Disney Visa page and only had a 10-minute wait. So with that, I used the -7865 number this morning at 7am. I got to the screener pretty quickly at 7:15 (who said bookings are out to 9/30/22) but I have since been in the silent queue with the message that the wait would be two hours. I'm at 1:42:50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55...
They told me May 4th! Either way, it wouldn’t work for me but I wish they had some consistency in the information they provide! I’m just hoping when it opens to general booking, we can go past September.

I do not usually post on these forums but since it was so helpful I thought I'd list this.

I have a Disney Visa. I WAS ABLE TO BOOK FOR MID-JULY 2022 THIS MORNING (October 12). Got Galaxy Suite for July 9. First cast member said he thought it was available to book through September. After the obligatory 1 1/2 hours on silent hold, I got through to the second tier. She was able to confirm that we can book for the summer with Disney Visa.

Good luck to everyone!!!

Ah, now I’m wishing I had the Disney Visa. But couldn’t bring myself to sign up just for this. Hope our dates are still available at general booking.

Several posters said the insurance included cancel for any reason. It appears it doesn't.

Either the reps are giving out bad info or the wrong insurance policies are being sent.
I thought the phone reps were well trained
The Rep we booked with was excellent, but not sure if she mis-stated something, or I mis-heard it. Either is possible and, after a 4 hour wait in the cone of silence, my brain was probably oxygen-deprived. What I heard was that insurance could be added up until 30-Days prior to travel. What I did not hear/understand was that since we paid in full at time of booking, we would have had to add the insurance at that same time. Now I'm told that I missed my WOO (Window Of Opportunity) on the insurance policy. Trust me, I have no intention of cancelling, but noone can predict the future, and that's why there's insurance. I usually always insure my other trips, and this is a very expensive gamble, without insurance. I can't even plead my case to a CM, because the Galactic Starcruiser line is still experiencing extremely heavy delays, and I'm not up for another 4-hour silent wait at this point. I did submit a request for reconsideration via the email contact option, and I will report back on their response................... 🤞

I got through on (407) 939-5277 & her calendar went through the 1st week in May. I am now in the next queue which is the recorded voice saying over 2 hours.
May the Force be with you!
Are you holding in silence, or is the muzak playing ??

The Rep we booked with was excellent, but not sure if she mis-stated something, or I mis-heard it. Either is possible and, after a 4 hour wait in the cone of silence, my brain was probably oxygen-deprived. What I heard was that insurance could be added up until 30-Days prior to travel. What I did not hear/understand was that since we paid in full at time of booking, we would have had to add the insurance at that same time. Now I'm told that I missed my WOO (Window Of Opportunity) on the insurance policy. Trust me, I have no intention of cancelling, but noone can predict the future, and that's why there's insurance. I usually always insure my other trips, and this is a very expensive gamble, without insurance. I can't even plead my case to a CM, because the Galactic Starcruiser line is still experiencing extremely heavy delays, and I'm not up for another 4-hour silent wait at this point. I did submit a request for reconsideration via the email contact option, and I will report back on their response................... 🤞

Was there some incentive to pay in full? Still on hold for over 3 hours........................

Was there some incentive to pay in full? Still on hold for over 3 hours........................
No Incentive, booking with a friend, and we both wanted to "seal the deal" and take advantage of the CC Points ....
I had no idea that it would negate my insurance privileges!

May the force be with all of us. Still in the silent que............ It was freaking my husband out. Thankfully he left for the warehouse 30 minutes ago. I had an hour wait to get prequalified and now another 2 hours 20 minutes in the silent que.

What conditions would the insurance cover if you needed to cancel? I'm debating getting that for the first time ever since this will cost so much.

I called a few different numbers last night to ask about how far out booking today would go and if an email had been sent. The -5277 number had a 60-plus-minute wait, so I tried the 407-939-7865 number off the Disney Visa page and only had a 10-minute wait. So with that, I used the -7865 number this morning at 7am. I got to the screener pretty quickly at 7:15 (who said bookings are out to 9/30/22) but I have since been in the silent queue with the message that the wait would be two hours. I'm at 1:42:50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55...
Coming up now on 3 and a half hours...

I do not usually post on these forums but since it was so helpful I thought I'd list this.

I have a Disney Visa. I WAS ABLE TO BOOK FOR MID-JULY 2022 THIS MORNING (October 12). Got Galaxy Suite for July 9. First cast member said he thought it was available to book through September. After the obligatory 1 1/2 hours on silent hold, I got through to the second tier. She was able to confirm that we can book for the summer with Disney Visa.

Good luck to everyone!!!
If u don’t mind, can I get the price quote for the galaxy suite? (Number of guests in the room). I am booked in a standard room and thinking about upgrading. It wasn’t too much extra but not sure if I was quoted a pp up charge or a total up charge. I declined the offer at the time not knowing it was a full day affair to try and talk to someone about changes. I know u r booked different days but it would give me a ballpark. Thanks.

Did I read somewhere that the trip price is subject to change before it is paid in full? If so, I suppose paying in full now would guard against something like that happening. Pretty sure any price fluctuations won't lower the cost...

No Incentive, booking with a friend, and we both wanted to "seal the deal" and take advantage of the CC Points ....
I had no idea that it would negate my insurance privileges!

When I booked the other day, I was told (by Towanda) that I could add the insurance up until when I make final payment. Since I put 20% down, final payment is due 90 days out - Dec 27th for our March 27th Voyage.

So excited! DH & I will be there the 1st weekend in May. They said booking was through September for Disney VISA cardholders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter