• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

Even at the price, I’m happier being a StarCruiser guinea pig than I am about being a GeniePig in a week or so with G+ rolling out during our stay.

I agree with the PPs that have speculated that the experience portion will get watered down or dropped entirely once the initial rush of GWDI (geeks with disposable income) dies off. Look at the watering down of Galaxy’s Edge as an example.

My suspicion that this won’t last is why I booked for that first couple of months rather than waiting for reviews. I’d rather have the full-on initial experience even at a premium price rather than the marginal theming at a discount rate that will follow.

I don’t think they will water it down anytime soon after opening. At some point ….it will happen, I give it a year till they make adjustments

I see 10 days already sold out on the dvc link. I’m pretty sure this will be a huge hit. I don’t necessarily think the rates will be skyrocketing like they do with demand based pricing for cruises, but I’m guessing the small inventory available will be very hard to get. It’s a crazy price but so are a ton of room types at wdw and they’re pretty hard if not impossible to get at times too. My kids are super excited about it because of role playing. I’m excited for the experience but not the role play portion. I think Disney will be able to comfortably accommodate all types of guests. The dvc lines were crushed with members willing to trade their points, a final transaction, for a booking and the trade value of points is not good. That’s likely thousands of dvc members who have solid committed and sold their points to Disney for most likely less than they paid the mf’s on.

I’m 3/3.

Five ppl (all 10+) in a standard room. Still waiting on my TA to give me the “fare,” so I have no idea what it will cost. Using the DVC point charts as an analogue, I’m guessing ~$7,500.

EDIT - the 20% deposit hit my Disney Visa. $1467 is 20% of $7335. So I was close. 👍

And honestly, not at all out of line with what I was expecting.

I cannot afford Starcruiser but I am a Disney Visa cardholder and didn't get an email.

I am AP, DVC and Disney Visa and I did not get any emails for any of the three affinities. 🤔

Last edited:
Several posters said the insurance included cancel for any reason. It appears it doesn't.

Either the reps are giving out bad info or the wrong insurance policies are being sent.
I thought the phone reps were well trained

I thought the phone reps were well trained

I don’t think they were as well-trained as they could or should have been. I got some bad info on being able to book using an AP renewal voucher, which was pretty frustrating for my TA.

Soooo, literally no one has aaaannnnnyyyy information on the supposed early booking for Disney Visa tomorrow? Did anyone get an email? Is there a specific number to call? I see nothing on any possibly relevant website about it. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!!🤪

Soooo, literally no one has aaaannnnnyyyy information on the supposed early booking for Disney Visa tomorrow? Did anyone get an email? Is there a specific number to call? I see nothing on any possibly relevant website about it. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!!🤪

I did not. I have DVC, AP and a Disney Visa - but only received an email for DVC. 🤷🏻‍♀️ You know how Disney IT rolls 😂

Nope. My spouse and each are AP holders, both our names are on the DVC, and we have the visa. In theory with all those affiliations we should have gotten 5, maybe 6 emails (joint account on Visa). We got one email in total: spouse received email about DVC booking. I would try calling the number everyone else called in this thread (see pages back) and I would assume the dates are the Mar/Apr/early May.

Another DVC, AP, and Disney Visa person here, I got a DVC and AP email, but nothing from Disney Visa...

Just approved for Visa last week. No sign of any offers or mention on Disney or Chase site. Main reservation phone number now says to call back on the 28th. The good news: Disney has updated the calendar to show dates into October.

Just approved for Visa last week. No sign of any offers or mention on Disney or Chase site. Main reservation phone number now says to call back on the 28th. The good news: Disney has updated the calendar to show dates into October.
Ooh, really? My calendar still says September. :( I'll keep refreshing!!! Sounds like you and I are in similar boats. Good luck if you call tomorrow!

Yes it shows September for me too. Either I was imagining things or they removed it. Most likely was me imagining things.

FYI, if you have booked and want to modify your reservation at all, you can’t call to do so until after October 28. And you are best to phone the Starcruiser line, not the general reservations one. The regular reservation team is not allowed to even access Starcruiser reservation and the SC team won’t be doing it until after the bookings open to the general public, according to the CM I talked to after a 2 hour hold…

(wanted to give Disney more $ and upgrade to a suite, but can’t even discuss availability at this point)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter