Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy returns with Season 2 (Four NEW episodes added)

Imzadi

♥ Saved by an angel in a trench coat!
UPDATE: 4 more episodes have been added to Season 2. A total of 8 episodes all together. The first new episode aired on Oct 9th and will re-air Oct 15 & 16. The latter 3 episodes will air on CNN on Sundays at 9pm ET and 12am Mon.

The really wonderful series: Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy is returning for Season 2. ❤️

This was originally scheduled for a premiere date back in March. Then the invasion started in Ukraine, so the start date was pushed to later as CNN went to 24 hours of reporting on the Ukraine war.

If you didn't see it last year, this is a DO NOT MISS series.

Season 1 is On Demand on CNN.

everything-we-know-about-season-2-of-searching-for-italy-1646251733.webp

It's a strange show to find on CNN, which one usually only associates with news. This is NOT a news show. Nor is it a normal "travel show" like on PBS-TV that just shows a glossing over of pretty landmarks and architecture to visit. This show is a ROMANTIC JOURNEY of Stanley and his deep love of Italy. It is a down to earth blend, detailing the rich history of Italy and it's people with today's very real culture, food, and some current events in the different cities he visits. The places Stanley visits aren't traditional tourist spots. (Although they probably have become since the series aired.) The different personalities of each city is quite evident. Just when I've fallen in love with one city and it's food, the next episode teaches us another place to fall in love with and want to visit. 🥰

It first aired last year February, when we were all captive in our homes, going through pandemic fatigue, we were hungering to see more than our own living room and the grocery store. We were hungering to see bits of the world again, hungering for other cultures, other foods, maybe an escape to far off places, and some romance.

Enter actor/director Stanley Tucci. He is probably most famous for his role in The Hunger Games as Caesar Flickerman, and in The Devil Wears Prada as Meryl Streep's character's right hand man. Stanley is Italian American. Italian on both sides of his family. He actually speaks Italian. No need for a translator and the little bit of loss that comes from the host of the show getting an awkward translation, having a reaction from that, then turning and giving us a further distilled reaction and interpretation of things for us. Instead, we get everything first hand, big, passionate and immediate. Stanley has a real love affair with Italy and we are along for the adventurous exploration. 😍 The only things missing are "smell-a-vision"and "taste-a-vison." Where is a food replicator when we need one?

Trailer for Season 1:

Here is an article with an episode-by-episode guide for the different dishes and restaurants shown in the Season 1 episodes:
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/stanley-tucci-searching-for-italy-restaurants/index.html

This is making me hungry for a margherita pizza and some fresh mozzarella already! 😍❤️

Last edited:
Definitely watching! My dad was born in Italy.

BTW, JimMIA--if you do go to Italy, you would be helped immensely by an art history course before you go. I really wish I had studied it a bit before I went. It would have helped me to appreciate what I was seeing. My personal favorite city was Sorrento--the entire city smells like the lemon groves that grow there. We also did an after-hours tour of the Vatican Museum/Sistine Chapel that was just mind-blowing.

Wow, I have to get DW (50% Italian and never been to Italy) to watch this. I want to take her to Italy next year, so I probably should watch it too!

You may end up with more regions and cities to visit than you were originally planning on. 😍

Wow, I have to get DW (50% Italian and never been to Italy) to watch this. I want to take her to Italy next year, so I probably should watch it too!
Season 1 is fabulous. No hard sell, you are just joining Tucci on an adventure. It's a show full of interesting people, beautiful landscapes and amazing food.
I can't wait for season 2.

Thank you for this! I missed it the first time around but heard such great things about it that I had hoped they’d replay it at some point.

While "Somebody feed Phil" is my favorite of these kinds of shows, I did enjoy this one a lot. Even if I find Tucci a little on the snooty side in comparison to the more loveable Phil.

That's where I saw it! It's on my HBOMax watchlist. I better hurry up because our free HBOMax will expire soon.

Whew! I was concerned that maybe Netflix showed it during the off months. And now, just before it's set to air again, (when you should be able to watch it,) that they pulled the show. :badpc:

The really wonderful series: Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy is returning for Season 2. ❤

If you didn't see it last year, this is a DO NOT MISS series.
Season 1 is re-airing all six episodes in a marathon starting
Saturday night, Feb 26 - Feb 27 (Sunday early morning) 9pm - 2am ET/PT.

(Some episodes are already On Demand on Spectrum Cable.)

Season 2 is slated to premiere on Sunday, March 13 at 9pm ET/PT.

It's a strange show to find on CNN, which one usually only associates with news. This is NOT a news show. Nor is it a normal "travel show" like on PBS-TV that just shows a glossing over of pretty landmarks and architecture to visit. This show is a ROMANTIC JOURNEY of Stanley and his deep love of Italy. It is a down to earth blend, detailing the rich history of Italy and it's people with today's very real culture, food, and some current events in the different cities he visits. The places Stanley visits aren't traditional tourist spots. (Although they probably have become since the series aired.) The different personalities of each city is quite evident. Just when I've fallen in love with one city and it's food, the next episode teaches us another place to fall in love with and want to visit. 🥰

It first aired last year February, when we were all captive in our homes, going through pandemic fatigue, we were hungering to see more than our own living room and the grocery store. We were hungering to see bits of the world again, hungering for other cultures, other foods, maybe an escape to far off places, and some romance.

Enter actor/director Stanley Tucci. He is probably most famous for his role in The Hunger Games as Caesar Flickerman, and in The Devil Wears Prada as Meryl Streep's character's right hand man. Stanley is Italian American. Italian on both sides of his family. He actually speaks Italian. No need for a translator and the little bit of loss that comes from the host of the show getting an awkward translation, having a reaction from that, then turning and giving us a further distilled reaction and interpretation of things for us. Instead, we get everything first hand, big, passionate and immediate. Stanley has a real love affair with Italy and we are along for the adventurous exploration. 😍 The only things missing are "smell-a-vision"and "taste-a-vison." Where is a food replicator when we need one?

Trailer for Season 1:

Here is an article with an episode-by-episode guide for the different dishes and restaurants shown in the Season 1 episodes:
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/stanley-tucci-searching-for-italy-restaurants/index.html

This is making me hungry for a margherita pizza and some fresh mozzarella already! 😍

I was so happy when I found this program, especially since I never watch CNN. I spent a short four days in Italy in 2019 - already three years ago! I never realized I would enjoy the country so much. I can't wait until things in the world are the way they were in 2019 so I can go back for at least two weeks. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to watching Season 2. My DVR is already set! Thanks for announcing its return. Ciao!

Reminder: The 6 episode marathon is on tonight starting at 9pm ET. (Some episodes are also On Demand, depending on how you are getting CNN.)

I haven't seen the show, but will check it out! Here's something from the show, though:

https://www.allrecipes.com/article/chef-johns-zucchini-spaghetti/
It's a recipe for spaghetti alla nerano, and what's wonderful about it is it uses a boatload of zucchini, even for 2 servings. It's a late summer treasure because it's a great way to use up garden produce. It's not health food by any means (the zucchini is deep fried, put in the fridge overnight, then made into a quick sauce). We love it, though.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the show, but will check it out! Here's something from the show, though:

https://www.allrecipes.com/article/chef-johns-zucchini-spaghetti/
It's a recipe for spaghetti alla nerano, and what's wonderful about it is it uses a boatload of zucchini, even for 2 servings. It's a late summer treasure because it's a great way to use up garden produce. I's not health food by any means (the zucchini is deep fried, put in the fridge overnight, then made into a quick sauce). We love it, though.

Sounds wonderful. 😍 Except for the deep-frying. Have you been able to do this without tons of oil in a deep pan?

CNN has pre-empted Season 1 for now due to. . . well, news.
Praying for more peaceful times when this show can be shown.
Praying1.gif

Last edited:
UPDATE:

The really wonderful series: Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy is (finally/hopefully) returning for Season 2.
❤️

This was originally scheduled for a premiere date back in March. Then the war happened in Ukraine, so the start date was pushed to later as CNN went to 24 hours of reporting on the war.

Season 2 has now been rescheduled to premiere this Sunday, May 1 at 9pm ET, and re-airing again at midnight, Mon 12am, for 4(?) episodes.
(This is pending, of course, Ukraine and other world events not escalating
eusa_pray.gif
so they can air this very special series.)

Season 1 is now On Demand on CNN.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter