Standing area at CP w/ dining package?

pjpoppins

DIS Veteran
Just read on another post that there is a small standing area to see the CP if you do the dinner package. I was under the assumption that you would be able to sit. Maybe there are no seats at the pavilion, I've never seen anything there. Can someone fill me in? Even if it is standing is it a good view or is it mediocre but its guaranteed? We wanted to do this as this may be our only trip to WDW around the holidays. My DD6 will be borderline on interest but definitely would be challenging if we had to stand (mainly because she might get stuck behind somebody 6'). Thanks.

Candlelight Processional Show Dining Package:
You will get reserved SEATING in the theater.

IllumiNations:
Even though they offer (with the CP dining Pkg.) a reserved area for viewing IllumiNations,
the spots will be standing.

So...

There are many, many great places to view the show, all around the Lagoon.
99% of them will be standing.

But, if you grab your own spot along the Lagoon fence,
nobody will be standing in front of your daughter.

Are you talking about to see the CP, or to see Illuminations afterward?

The America Gardens theater has seats. If you bought the package, the only standing area they would have for you would be the line to get in. This line is admitted to the theater before the general public, that means they get seats.

I think Robo is referring to the Illuminations viewing area, which is a standing area.

Robo, I think both you and the OP are thinking of IllumiNations, not the CP. When you book the CP dinner package, you get guaranteed seating for the CP (there is definitely seating in the America Gardens Theatre), and you also get to see IllumiNations from a reserved viewing area where you would have to stand.

You also get to sit during your TS meal.* And you can sit while waiting in line for your seats at the CP, at least until the line starts moving.

*I had an excellent view of my meal while seated.

Just read on another post that there is a small standing area to see the CP if you do the dinner package. I was under the assumption that you would be able to sit.

Robo, I think both you and the OP are thinking of IllumiNations, not the CP. When you book the CP dinner package, you get guaranteed seating for the CP (there is definitely seating in the America Gardens Theatre), and you also get to see IllumiNations from a reserved viewing area where you would have to stand.

Agreed.

The CP dining Pkg. offers reserved SEATING for the CP performance in the theater.

the CP dinner package gives you a guaranteed seat to the show; although, you wait in line to get into the American Gardens Theatre for the show. To get the better seats it's recommended to get into the reserved seating line about an hour ahead of the show time.

For the reserved viewing area for the fireworks, Illuminations, you go to a separate area away from the theatre. That area for fireworks is standing room only.

Also, keep in mind that all three shows for CP get a reserved area for the fireworks which to me makes it rather crowded there. We prefer finding our own spot for fireworks and we don't even care about the reserved area for it.

Even with the reserved seating the line to get into the CP theater is verrrry looonnnggg. It can extend down pretty far, even further than Japan. Most people walk by and cant believe that it is the line, until they see everyone with the CP stickers on. Everyone gets a seat but I think most people think you are just wandering in at the last minute bc you are reserved.

Yes, it should be emphasized that package guests don't get the ability to wander in at the last minute and be guaranteed a seat.

The way they are guaranteed a seat is that their line is let into the theater before the general public. Once the GP line goes in, nothing is being held back for package guests.

Yes, it should be emphasized that package guests don't get the ability to wander in at the last minute and be guaranteed a seat.

The way they are guaranteed a seat is that their line is let into the theater before the general public. Once the GP line goes in, nothing is being held back for package guests.

Agreed.

Same thing goes at DHS for busy Fantasmic! evenings and the F! Dining Pkg. Reserved Seating.

You also get to sit during your TS meal.* And you can sit while waiting in line for your seats at the CP, at least until the line starts moving.

*I had an excellent view of my meal while seated.

Enh, some tall guy always comes and stands in front of my meal with his kid on his shoulders. That's why I never get the short stack of pancakes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter