Standard Room At The Wilderness Lodge

meeshkamooshka

please exit to your left...
Can Anyone Tell Me If They Are Nice ( $435 Reg Season) Are They Worth The Extra Money? Can You See The Mk From There Or Do I Just See The Forest?

Thanks!

You will see pine trees or parking lot/smokehouse. There aren't a lot of standard rooms so you sometimes get an upgrade, but don't count on it. The rooms are not that big at the lodge, so you won't get $400 + value. That said, I love the lodge. You didn't say when you are going. If it's not over a holiday, you may be able to snag a discount if you keep an eye on the code thread. I am paying $144.+tx for a standard at WL in Jan. 09. Other discounts you may find but are not guaranteed are General public codes, FL res. codes and Disney visa codes.

The $435 for a standard room looks really high to me. Is this for a room only reservation or does it include something else?:confused3

I just went to the WDW website and it shows $450 a night for a Standard Club Level Room. A regular standard room is $290 a night, second week in May. Those prices look right to me.

The Standard Club Level room would come with access to the Club Lounge with snacks, drinks & appetizers available all day, plus the use of the Itinerary Planning Office. As to whether it's worth the money, that is a very subjective decision.

The regular standard room price looks good, since it gives you the boat access to the MK & all of the recreation activities at the WL. If you have a AAA membership, you can call CRO and see if they have any discounted rooms available.

Good luck with your planning!:)

Can Anyone Tell Me If They Are Nice ( $435 Reg Season) Are They Worth The Extra Money? Can You See The Mk From There Or Do I Just See The Forest?

Thanks!
Is $435 reg season the charge per night? If so, then I think someone is pulling your leg. We didn't pay anywhere near that per night for our room and we had a courtyard view this year.

What you are looking at is a club level room (7th floor with concierges services and the availability of the food lounge). All the rooms that are not suites or honeymoon rooms are called standard. This has nothing to do with their views as do the rooms on the lower floors.

The value of club level is a very individual decision. If you want someone else to make all your park and dining reservations and like to eat light and substitute the lounge snacks for a significant number of meals than it is likely a good value.

If what you are looking for is a standard view room then the rack rate for them is $290/nt and if you are quick when discounts come out you can sometimes get them for about $150.

If a standard view room is what you want then I would recommend a smokehouse view upper floor 5th or 6th floor because if you will get some view of the MK fireworks and some rooms on the 6th have a view of the castle and contemporary.

bookwormde

yeah, I want the 5th or 6th floor, on the cheap - dont need or care for conceriage...besides I will have already made all my resevations and I am not a newbie ( just at the wilderness lodge ( as you can clearly see)...

how ( timing/what qualifies me) do I get a hold of the discounted room for $150 ??? That seems unbelieveable!!!

thanks again!

We had a standard room at WL in Sept for our 1st visit & LOVED it!:love: The WL is a wonderful hotel all around. Our view--smokehouse below--smelled good & between the trees we could see the tip of the castle, space mountain tip & the CR. Every night we had a great view of the fireworks to. We did ask for an upper floor on the MK side too which I would recommend you do if you want a particular view.

One thing to remember is that no WL room technically has an "MK view" the trees have grown, and there is no guarantee you'll see the MK. I know there are some rooms where you can peek through the trees and see, but WL does not have a "MK view" that you can book. The WL rooms are on small compared to other deluxe resorts, but you get the difference back in the price of the room. We always have plenty of space when staying at the WL, but there are only 3 in our family.

I understand now. Prices were for club level. That makes sense now.

We had a 5th floor courtyard view. Absolutely loved it! And can't wait to go back.

so it looks like... for a may visit to the diz, I call around 3rd week in Feb and or 3rd week in Mar. to check for the package deal or room rate discount...

2008... it was...

AVAILABLE :2/21/08, exp 3/21
3/30/08-5/21/08 package deal (free ticket upgrades) for general public

or

AVAILABLE :3/27/08, exp 4/19/08
4/20/08-5/21/08 room-only discount for general public

THANKS AGAIN!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter