• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stand-by line for Rise ***NO SPOILERS***

I also believe it might alleviate the phenomenon of people congregating in the tunnel at the entrance to Galaxy's Edge. They seemed to be either waiting for their boarding group to come up or to get one (at the 1 pm drop).
The other day I got a 1 p.m. BG which was called about 5ish pm. The line stretched almost back to Muppets and I thought it would take forever. Once we got to the tap in point, it moved very quickly though.

After the normal 8:30 early opening, they did change how the standby line lined up from yesterday.

Today they had everyone try to merge into a 2x2 line after passing Star Tours. We then looped around the little "island" before you get to the actual city of Black Spire Outpost.

All by design so people will get turned off by the line and pay to ride. It’s so frustrating because my family really wants to ride it, but I’m not paying $100+ for us to do so.
I would 100% pay $100 to not have to wait on that line and Star Wars is the only reason we are going to Disney.

Given that standby has happened so rarely for Rise, I'm not surprised the estimated times are so far off right now. Hopefully they'll improves before Genie kicks in!

I would not claim victory now for how "short" were the wait times yesterday (even though MDE inflated those a lot). This is still low crowds season, and by low, i mean really low and much lower than usual low. let's wait till October, November when crowds are slated to be higher with IA$ also coming into play.
I have a feeling that BGs will be missed dearly. I do hope they bring them back on busy days/months.

Yeah, I personally would love to never see BGs again and am already bitter about the Ratatouille virtual queue, which is even less necessary. I like it when everyone just decides on their own whether a wait is worth it and think it’s sad when people pay thousands of dollars for a vacation and can’t get on the one ride they’re most looking forward to because of a lottery. For some people, three hours is absolutely worth it, and for others, they’ll scoff and walk away. But at least everyone gets to choose how they spend their Disney vacation.

Ok so a lot of people hated the virtual queue thingy for Rise...but for us it has always worked....Careful what you wish for, now the line is crazy stupid. Everyone can guess all they want as to why the virtual queue is gone....but what better way to sell lightning passes....So before the pass the line stuff goes on sale, lets create demand. It is brilliant!!

I wonder if the virtual boarding groups they were allowing were more limited than the rides actual capacity. I mean, I wonder if they are pushing the ride to take more people in a day than they were when you had to get a boarding group. It just does not make sense that when virtual the boarding groups were gone within seconds each day, yet they can have a standby line all day and keep the waits down. It doesn’t add up.

Not sure if someone said it already, but I believe they weren't filling the ride cars to capacity due to covid. As a result, there were less boarding groups available each day since reopening in July 2020.

Not sure if someone said it already, but I believe they weren't filling the ride cars to capacity due to covid. As a result, there were less boarding groups available each day since reopening in July 2020.
They have been filling the cars to capacity for the last couple of months. You're correct that they were not at the beginning but that changed during the summer.

I’m considering a third run but that might be showing off. Then again I don’t know when I’ll be back. What to do….

GO FOR IT!!! Hey, you're waiting in line each time. You should be allowed to ride as often as you wish as you're taking your park time to stand in line. Have fun!!

Also, I'm guessing when you go back you won't have this opportunity so I'd say make the best of it today!

We head out in 3.5 weeks. So the way I understand it, standby will still exist plus the option to upgrade to a reserved Lightning Lane slot via Genie+ ? The idea of being able to spend the day riding more than once is super appealing. GE is about all we want to do in HS this trip, so being able to ride more than once in a day would open up an entire park day. (We'd like to ride ROTR at least twice this trip.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter