Sssh....don't tell anyone...we're cheating on CSR -- Contest -- Days 6 & 7--#3516

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatMark

DIS Veteran
I have some friends and I use term "friends" loosely for some of them ;), who have decided that although our trip is NOT for eight months yet that I should start our PTR. I don't get it??? It's not like they don't have other things to do--like their OWN trip report? But to keep the peace, I have agreed to get it started even though I am in NO way prepared and have nothing ready. But I'll give it a start.

Introductions (in case you don't already know us or aren't sick of us):

Mark (also sometimes known as Grumpy or Dopey or Romeo)

Mark LOVES everything Disney related and everything about Florida. He willingly lets me do all of the planning, but he is helpful with chiming in on restaurants, attractions, how much pool time we get, etc. He informed me that his goal is to retire from his current job four years from now when he will turn 62 and for us to move to Florida and work there. He is the most generous, warm hearted and kind man I know.

Mark's Favorite Character: Dumbo

DSC01243.jpg

Me--Kathy (your narrator, storyteller, planner, replanner, pest on other people TR's to get their act together)

I too love everything Disney and Florida. Don't get me wrong...I love Chicago--it's a great city. But having lived here all of my 53 years, I am TIRED of winters. I hate the snow and the cold and each year it gets harder and harder to deal with. The only reason I won't be happy about eventually moving is to Florida is I will miss seeing my kids and grandkids (if they EVER get serious about a girl and get married and have kids). I love planning Disney trips -- I love looking at all the menus, setting up DIS meets, etc.

Kathy's Favorite Character: Tigger

DSC01322.jpg

We have to include a few others in our cast of characters who, although NOT directly traveling with us, will be a big part of the TR when it is written:

Cayley and Avery (MaryAZ's girls). We met them this past year and they wore us out, but in a good way. We had so much fun meeting them and hanging with them. They are a major part of the reason for the dates we chose for our trip--we just really wanted to see them again (plus we want to see Mary and meet her husband):

DSC01308.jpg

And last, but certainly not least, our BF's -- Nicki and Todd (well, Todd is on the "bad boy" list right now, but I'll love him again before I see him). We will see Nicki and Todd the latter half of our trip:

DSC01487.jpg

So there you have our cast of characters. Up next, where we are staying, how it came about and for how long

FIRST FIRST FIRST :banana::banana::banana:

Ah dang, you got me all teary including my girlies in the intro. We are so so happy to be able to see you guys again. I am very thankful to the DIS for giving me the oppertunity to meet some very wonderful life long friends:):love: Can't wait to plan along with you.

:woohoo: Thank you, Kathy!!! :woohoo:

(from one of your 'looser' friends!:rotfl2:)

And I'm even 2nd!!!!

(Mary, your girls are SOOOO cute!!!!)

FIRST FIRST FIRST :banana::banana::banana:

Ah dang, you got me all teary including my girlies in the intro. We are so so happy to be able to see you guys again. I am very thankful to the DIS for giving me the oppertunity to meet some very wonderful life long friends:):love: Can't wait to plan along with you.

Yes, you are first. Wonder how you managed that? ;)

Now stop that teary stuff or we'll be doing it when we get together and we won't take beautiful pictures. I'm looking forward to planning with you too. Tell the girls I'll be sending them Valentine's soon and they should mail Mr. Mark and I a letter with some of the things they want to do.

The DIS has given us a lot of friends, and some really great friends, and we are glad you are on that list of great friends. :hug:

And I'm even 2nd!!!!

(Mary, your girls are SOOOO cute!!!!)

Welcome, Christine. So glad you are here. And you are one of my longest "looser" friends here on the DIS. Hope you enjoy the ride...it could get bumpy.

Hey there!!! :goodvibes So happy you started your PTR!!!! Wish your dates were a tad bit later but alas I am sure our paths will cross at some point!!

It is so nice to think of a nice, warm Disney trip on these cold wintery nights...it is what keeps us all moving forward!! :laughing:

Tracy

LOL Love the title... now to go back and read! :goodvibes

EDIT:: Great intro!!!! Mark looks really happy holding that beer!

I'm in. I've read other reports from you and they are great. I'm mainly a lurker but wanted to say hi.

Jill in CO

Hey there!!! :goodvibes So happy you started your PTR!!!! Wish your dates were a tad bit later but alas I am sure our paths will cross at some point!!

It is so nice to think of a nice, warm Disney trip on these cold wintery nights...it is what keeps us all moving forward!! :laughing:

Tracy

Tracy, thanks for coming along for another crazy ride. I'm sorry we'll meet you by just a short time; one of these trips we'll hookj up

LOL Love the title... now to go back and read! :goodvibes

EDIT:: Great intro!!!! Mark looks really happy holding that beer!

I'm so glad you like the title, Tim. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

And, as always, I'm glad to have you here.

Subbing! (But going to bed...will be back later to read. popcorn:: )

Night, Glen. Talk to you tomorrow.

I'm in. I've read other reports from you and they are great. I'm mainly a lurker but wanted to say hi.

Jill in CO

Welcome, Jill. I am thrilled you "unlurked." Is that a word? Probably not. Seriously, I'm delighted you have joined in. Doln't let any of my goofy friends here scare you away. And you are welcome to join our banter or lurk...whatever you are most comfortable with.

:wave2: I'm here checking in....it looks like your trip is just a little after ours. I like marks four year retirement plan. We had that as a distant plan, but Danny wound up having to retire from his job earlier than he wanted. He worked at caterpillar, they offered a buyout a couple years ago that was too good not to take. His plant was for all intents and purposes was closing down and if he didn't take the buyout he could have wound up without a job in a couple years without the buyout. :confused3 since he was only 55 at the time and we still have kids in school he still needs to have a decent income......so the uncertainty of transplanting ourselves is on hold. Plus I really wouldn't want to start over with a new kidney doctor.

I think I made it to page 1!!!:woohoo:

But I have to tell you Kathy, NO FAIR, to start your pre trip report at 4am my time! A girl needs a little sleep! :lmao:

Now going back to read! .......... when I come back in from work again! :sad1:

I am here... I will hopefully have more time and not lurk so much.

Can't wait to read about your plans!

:rotfl: Too funny you will be cheating...

Great!! A new PTR to follow along with !! I'm here, Kathy!

I brought my own laptop to school today, so I could catch up between lessons!
What a wonderful intro! That photo of Mark is awesome and so is the one of you and your favourite character! I do mean Tigger this time! :lmao:

Can't wait for more .........

your loose friend, Karin, who is sitting at work/school hoping that the teachers meeting won't take too long tonight and I can go home to catch up on the DIS!

Mark LOVES everything Disney related and everything about Florida. He willingly lets me do all of the planning, but he is helpful with chiming in on restaurants, attractions, how much pool time we get, etc. He informed me that his goal is to retire from his current job four years from now when he will turn 62 and for us to move to Florida and work there. He is the most generous, warm hearted and kind man I know.

What a lucky girl you are to have such a nice guy! :)

I too love everything Disney and Florida. Don't get me wrong...I love Chicago--it's a great city. But having lived here all of my 53 years, I am TIRED of winters. I hate the snow and the cold and each year it gets harder and harder to deal with. The only reason I won't be happy about eventually moving is to Florida is I will miss seeing my kids and grandkids (if they EVER get serious about a girl and get married and have kids). I love planning Disney trips -- I love looking at all the menus, setting up DIS meets, etc.

We TN folks are getting a strong dose of winter this year. It won't be above freezing before Saturday. I don't know that I could stand being any further north, so I definitely understand how you would want to get away from those winters.

The future grandkids will be thrilled to come down to see you, and you will have so much fun watching them 'grow up Disney' every time they come.

Cayley and Avery (MaryAZ's girls). They are a major part of the reason for the dates we chose for our trip--we just really wanted to see them again (plus we want to see Mary and meet her husband):

DSC01308.jpg

Two delightful 'adopted grandgirls' - an excellent reason to plan a trip! :cutie: :cutie:

I am very thankful to the DIS for giving me the oppertunity to meet some very wonderful life long friends

The DIS has given us a lot of friends, and some really great friends, and we are glad you are on that list of great friends. :hug:

I am in complete agreement with you guys on this! :thumbsup2 Through the DIS, we have found some awesome friendships.

Tracy

:cold: For real!
Six weeks from Saturday, we'll be in Magic Kingdom. That thought will be on my mind every single cold day until it gets here. :cool1:

Oh sure, wait until I turn in for the night before you finally get off your duff and put your PTR up!!! :sad2: Heading back to read what I've missed so far....

Post-reading update:
I have some friends and I use term "friends" loosely for some of them ;), who have decided that although our trip is NOT for eight months yet that I should start our PTR.
So nice to get such a warm mention so early in your PTR!!! :rotfl2:
But to keep the peace, I have agreed to get it started even though I am in NO way prepared and have nothing ready. But I'll give it a start.
That never stopped you before...... :rolleyes1
Introductions (in case you don't already know us or aren't sick of us):
Mark (also sometimes known as Grumpy or Dopey or Romeo)
Oh, we could NEVER get sick of Mark!!! :)
He is the most generous, warm hearted and kind man I know.
You forgot understanding! VERY understanding..... ;)

Welcome, Christine. So glad you are here. And you are one of my longest "looser" friends here on the DIS.
Christine, I had no idea........ :rolleyes1
I'm in. I've read other reports from you and they are great.
Obviously a lover of banter! :rotfl:
Hi Kathy! I'm in. What took you so long? :lmao:
Dave must be who you were talking about in that intro..... :rolleyes:

Dave, go get on that TR will ya!!!!!

2md5iya.gif

Kathy, bumpy just means more fun!!! :dance3:

Looks like a lot of your loose friends have shown up already....you know what that means? We're ready to rock and roll!!! :cool1:

(ya know, with Rosie, Karin, and now your PTR, I'm going to be craving a Disney trip! :rolleyes1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter