Ssr

heynowirv

DIS Veteran
We're going to SSR in Dec. and have stayed there 3 times before. Every time we've stayed in Congress Park to be near DTD.Would someone give me their views of the other areas and why they love them so much.It's just my wife and I .I'm 60 she;s 55 and we're pretty active people.(Don't play golf though).

Thanks,
Irv

If we have to stay at SSR, I request the Grandstand. The Grandstand is the first stop for theme park buses and is the second closest section to the Carriage House.

Michael,
I'm guessing you're not a fan of SSR. So besides being close to The Carriage House and buses what do you like about Grandstand area?

Michael,
I'm guessing you're not a fan of SSR.
We'll stay there if we can't get a DVC room elsewhere. I guess SSR kinda reminds me of an apartment complex, large and not a lot of character.
So besides being close to The Carriage House and buses what do you like about Grandstand area?
Basically, just that.

I recommend, and always request the Paddock. SSR is one of our favorite resorts, it is so beautiful, and the easy access to DTD is just a bonus! I always request a room near the Paddock pool, the feature pool there is great, there is the fast food at the Paddock Grill, and the walk to DTD is only slightly longer than from Congress Park. I have always been happy with this location! It is the third bus stop, but we have never had to stand in the morning, I find that A lot of people are at the springs in the mornings, whether that is from having breakfast, I'm not sure, but we have always had great experiences with the Paddock! Are you just looking for a new area to stay in? Enjoy where ever you end up!!

I recommend, and always request the Paddock. SSR is one of our favorite resorts, it is so beautiful, and the easy access to DTD is just a bonus! I always request a room near the Paddock pool, the feature pool there is great, there is the fast food at the Paddock Grill, and the walk to DTD is only slightly longer than from Congress Park. I have always been happy with this location! It is the third bus stop, but we have never had to stand in the morning, I find that A lot of people are at the springs in the mornings, whether that is from having breakfast, I'm not sure, but we have always had great experiences with the Paddock! Are you just looking for a new area to stay in? Enjoy where ever you end up!!

Yes we are looking for a different area other than Congress Park.We'll have a car so bus stops aren't really a concern.Love the walk to DTD.Really looking forward to seeing how things have changed there.

Grandstand has more nice golf course views than other sections, it's the 1st bus stop, has a pool bar, and (as mentioned) has good proximity to the main area (and boat and walking path to DTD west side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter