Spring Break - Last Minute Planning

Oh, no! I hope Morgan and Andy are on the mend quickly, or at least well enough to travel with you and continue resting and relaxing on vacation. I'll cross all my fingers and toes that things work out!

I always feel nervous that the crowds will impact our trip, but we're pros by now and I feel like that's an advantage to people wandering aimlessly without a plan of attack. You are the same way, so I have confidence even if it's busy, you'll do fine!

I hope the next 10 days fly by for you!!

Thanks Everyone.

Morgan is fine, she bounces back pretty quickly from throwing up. She likes to say she is a professional. Usually she is mostly tired from being up all night.

So, one is back in the game!

Andy.... his back is def better today but still bothering him. He has an appointment with the doctor on Wednesday to get a professional opinion.... Hopefully she will perscribe a muscle relaxer as a just in case for the trip.

We were talking today about what rides he should skip this trip.

He has already been skipping Space Mountain and Tower of Terror because of his back.

Rock n' Rollercoaster will be closed while we are there, so that won't even be an option.

He said he will def skip Tron, which is fine, Morgan didn't love it, so Tron will be and me and Gwen ride.

He is hoping he will still be able to do Guardians and Big Thunder Mountain. But he will have to play it be ear.

What else should he be weary of?

Reactions: DLo
What else should he be weary of?
Glad to hear he's doing a little better! Guardians throws you around a little but at least it's a smooth ride. I would skip Dinosaur if his back hurts while you're there - I almost talked my dad into riding it on our trip and was glad I didn't because it was much rougher than I remembered. Maybe Expedition Everest too - I'm feeling that one more the older I get!

If everyone doesn't mind, I am going to re-run through each day with my plans.... Mostly to make sure they sound good to me. Typing up these posts really helps me make decisions... So, I appoligize in advance if I repeat things I have already said and discussed.

Travel Day

Our flight is bright and early!!! 6:35 AM. We have an uber scheduled to pick us up at 4:00 AM that morning.
tired
It will be a VERY early morning but I will be soooo ready by then!

Which as I write this.... We would hopefully already in air by now!!!

My cheat sheet for the first day.
Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 6.38.23 AM

We land 9-ish.
Orlando airpot
I might need to get Starbucks when we land and we will grab a lyft or uber once we have our bags.

And hopefully we will arrive at Yacht Club 11-ish.
20220506072109-scaled (1)
Can you smell the lobby? I can just looking at that picture!

I will probably go to the check in desk and ask for a room with the 5th sleeper. I will do online check in, but I feel like it helps to go up in person. I was debating to do a room request but I never get what I ask for and get disappointed. So, I am skipping that.

I am SURE our room won't be ready, so we will drop our bags off with bell services and head to Disney Springs!
disney-springs-wdw-orlando-florida-1447
We will probably go straight to Gideon's to see if there is a virtual que or not.

I am hoping we can go to Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar after that.
2021-WDW-Disney-Springs-Jock-Lindseys-Hangar-Bar-Entrance-2

We will be mostly going because Gwen wants her Chicken and the Egg appetizer....
2023-Jock-Lindsays-Chicken-on-the-Egg-1-2
She asks for them without the hot honey sauce, but she loves them.

Maybe we will also get the soft pretzel to share as well.
9FEFAD58-2EA3-496C-86A4-43375D15F78A-1200x900
But we won't want to totally fill up as we have another place to hit after.

We have a reservation for Wine Bar George at 2:00
winebargeorge
I am hoping we can sit on the balcony upstairs. That just sounds so nice...

We have never been here, and Andy is looking forward to trying it out. We def will need to order the Flaming Cheese.
Wine Bar George 8-2023 - Wine Bar George Saganaki on Fire

And probably get the mac n cheese balls.
2022-wdw-disney-springs-wine-bar-george-mac-and-cheese-bites-3

After we are fully stuffed! We might do a little shopping, depending on if our room is ready yet or if we are still waiting to get into Gideons.

I might want to get a moonshine to go. But I assume we will be ready to head back to the resort by now.
images
We found that you can throw the squeeze bottle onto the backpacks and bring them back with us to the resort.

I will probably try and pack a bag with our swim suits in them, just in case our room is still not ready. We can also check out the Easter Display in the lobby as well.

Once our room is ready we will probably unpack, have our groceries brought up and just get settled in general.

Not sure if we will need dinner or not after all of our snacks in Disney Springs. Hmmm.... Maybe we should plan on picking something up in Disney Spings to eat in the room later....
HOMECOMING_thighhigh_glover
Maybe some thigh high bisquits?

I am sure we will be pretty tired and will go to bed early this night.

Untitled
As usual, tinkerbell leaves Pjs for the first night. These are what I put together via amazon. We all get the same pj bottoms and then I picked out different shirts for each of us.

I was debating to do a room request but I never get what I ask for and get disappointed. So, I am skipping that.
This sounds like a great arrival day! I was really surprised on our last trip, we got the exact room numbers I requested. We put in a request via our TA for a certain building and connecting rooms/rooms near each other, but then I also asked for specific room numbers via Touring Plans, and that is what they gave us.

Bad news is that with the later Magic Kingdom hours, the night of Extended Evening Hours will be 11:00 - 1:00 PM. Which... will be a late night. And we will want to go to a park the day after.... We will have to suck it up, as it will be our last day.

AND that day I had planned on us going to Animal Kingdom in the morning. And now with the new hours, if we wanted to take advantage of early hours we would need to be at Animal Kingom at 7:30.... Which makes for a LONG day....

The super late hours are my favorite time at MK. That said, I’m eight years older than the last time I visited so I feel you on the concern about the late hours! I’m not sure if I could do the turnaround of late hours to early morning anymore myself. Hopefully with the later hours at AK (which fewer people take advantage of) you’ll be able to do a few must-dos in the evening so the early morning is less important.

We have 10 days for Andy to recopureate his back!!!! We will see how he is today! I told him at least we have nice hotel room with balcony... he didn't like that....
Oh and Morgan threw up last night!!!

Oh dear on both counts! I’m glad Morgan is already feeling better but I’ll keep all my fingers crossed that Andy continues to improve. I’m glad he has the doctor’s appointment!

As for rides, I think you’ve highlighted the most important ones. Space Mountain and Rock N Roller Coaster are the two that beat me up the most. BTMRR is on the border and I find Everest to be pretty smooth… but Andy will know best which rides may bother him most.

I think it’s a great idea to go over your plans one more time! I think your arrival day plans sound solid - the arrival day is always so exciting. I’m glad you went with the early flight this time so you’re less likely to be delayed. I’m not sure if you’ll need much for dinner if you’re eating in the mid-afternoon… perhaps a dinner of Gideon’s cookies and cake? ;)

I was really surprised on our last trip, we got the exact room numbers I requested.

What?! That’s amazing! (So no view of Ursula? ;) ) I thought it was silly to attempt a specific room but perhaps I should try the room request feature after all.

Good to hear that Morgan is feeling better.

I'm sorry Andy hasn't progressed much. Have you thought about him seeing a chiropractor? It might help him work out some of the kinks in his back and get to stretches to help him. If his back is still bad, he should most likely stick to the rides that don't have heavy restrictions.

Your arrival day sounds so good. I love Hanger Bar and Gideons and they are right by each other. Wind Bar George is good too.

Arrival day sounds delightful!! And I love the pajamas you put together! Those shorts are super cute.

Really glad Morgan was back up and running. Hoping the same for Andy by the time you leave for the trip. :fingers crossed:

Hoping Andy's back improves quickly!! I love the PJs - I got one of those shirts for my daughter but she is wearing it to the park with a little skirt. Super cute! What app do you use to make the itinerary graphics? I love them!

Good Evening!

I started this, this morning but it required me really figure out the plan for the day, so it took some time. But I think I have a solid plan!

Andy went to the doctor this morning. He got some steriods to help with inflamation but said he was already starting to feel better. So that is good! I was seriously worried about him on Sunday.

First Park Day

I have gone back and forth on whether we should make this an Animal Kingdom day. And I think typing up this day has really helped me figure out the best game plan for the day!!!

Today's tinkerbell gifts are hats!
Untitled
I ordered these off of Etsy and I love all 3.

Mine is the white hat, Gwen has the purple in the middle and then I got the yellow one for Morgan and I think i like it the best! Look at the back of the hat.

Untitled

And to go along with them, I ordered these. These were one of the first things I ordered and they are the only thing to still not show up yet.
Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 6.46.24 AM
It says on Etsy that they should arrive by today but the tracking says UPS still waiting to recieve the package. I reached out to the seller today about it. Not sure if they will arrive in time.

I also made these for the girls:
https://flic.kr/p/2pEw6Nf]Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 6.52.43 PM[/url]

https://flic.kr/p/2pEqy6g]Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 6.52.50 PM[/url]

And when printed, it is like a brochure or map....
https://flic.kr/p/2pEqzpJ]Untitled[/url]

https://flic.kr/p/2pEv3h7]Untitled[/url]

https://flic.kr/p/2pEw83j]Untitled[/url]
Morgan always complains that there aren't enough fun drinks for the kids, so I made this for them.

If we stick with my plan, today is an EPCOT morning
Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 6.36.21 AM

EPCOT is listed as 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM.
Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 4.51.40 PM

First thing would be to get a Boarding Group for Guardians at 7:00 AM. Depending on the time for this, will kind of shape the day...
https://flic.kr/p/2p81PFN]Starship[/url]

But I think the plan will be to try and rope drop Remy and then get breakfast in France.
https://flic.kr/p/2pEjbMM]IMG_1-5688-feature[/url]
I am sure we can get at the World Showcase entrance a little before 8:30, but I don't think we will be at the very front. But I would assume we would still have an easy time getting onto Remy.

https://flic.kr/p/2pEr1xN]Les-Halles-Epcot-4[/url]
Breakfast in France sounds delightul, and I am hoping we can get in line before they open, so we won't have to wait to long.

We will probably head to the front of the park to do a few rides before the food booths open. I am still thinking no Genie + this day, We can do whatever doesn't have too long of a wait.... Figment, Nemo, hopefully maybe Spaceship Earth.

Morgan and Gwen might want to do the Easter Egg hunt today, as Easter will be this weekend. So, we may want to grab that for once we start heading back into the world showcase.
WDW-EPCOT-Eggstravaganza-2024-Map-and-Prizes-Featured-Photo-FINAL

Once the food booths open up, we will def start trying some food and making our way around the world showcase.

I am sure we will want a break at some point in the day and head back to the room for a bit. Hopefully around 2:00?

Hopefully we will have been able to ride Guardians before we go back and rest, it would be great if we could do it before heading into World Showcase, but...... we will have to see.

I am thinking that going to Animal Kingdom for the evening. It is open 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, so if we hit Fight of Passage close to closing, we should still be able to get back for Beaches and Cream reservation.

Thinking we would want to head over to Animal Kingdom around 5.

The goal will be to ride Everest and Flight of Passage.
expedition_everest_theming

wdw-2020-animal-kingdom-flight-of-passage-pandora-avatar-atmosphere-general-2

i would love to grab a drink at Nomad Lounge before we leave as well, but not sure we would have time for that.

We will need to leave with time to travel back to Yacht Club for our 9:30 reservation at Beaches and Cream for some dessert!

Gwen says she is going to get the tomato soup and grilled cheese even though it is late.
https://flic.kr/p/2pEoJrQ]Beaches-and-Cream-Grilled-Cheese-and-Tomato-Soup-3[/url]

But we will see. I am sure Andy and Morgan will want to get the No Way Jose...
https://flic.kr/p/2pEr5c6]Beaches-and-Cream-Fudge-Mudslide-Sundae-2[/url]

Hopefully no matter what we do this day, this will be a fun way to end the evening!

And I love the pajamas you put together! Those shorts are super cute.
I was happy once I found the pj shorts. But I had to search alot to get them to show up...

And love the pjs-comfort is key and they look comfy!
Morgan will only sleep in shorts, unless it is REALLY cold.

I got one of those shirts for my daughter but she is wearing it to the park with a little skirt.
yeah, it is just a regular shirt but I thought they looked cute with the shorts.

What app do you use to make the itinerary graphics? I love them
So, I just use PPT! I google pictures and pngs or no backround mostly. And insert them in. DH is a wiz at PPT, he set them up originally and I just keep modifying them.

Andy went to the doctor this morning. He got some steriods to help with inflamation but said he was already starting to feel better. So that is good! I was seriously worried about him on Sunday.
I'm glad they gave him something that helped!
Untitled
I ordered these off of Etsy and I love all 3.
All of these hats are so cute! I love the back on that mustard one.
Morgan always complains that there aren't enough fun drinks for the kids, so I made this for them.
There are so many options! That will be fun for them to pick from.
I am sure we can get at the World Showcase entrance a little before 8:30, but I don't think we will be at the very front. But I would assume we would still have an easy time getting onto Remy.
You should be able to get on easily!
Breakfast in France sounds delightul, and I am hoping we can get in line before they open, so we won't have to wait to long.
The breakfast in France is so good! I decided I like the options there better than Kringla :)
We will probably head to the front of the park to do a few rides before the food booths open. I am still thinking no Genie + this day, We can do whatever doesn't have too long of a wait.... Figment, Nemo, hopefully maybe Spaceship Earth.
I think that makes sense! Even with the spring break crowds, I was surprised how short the lines were for some of those rides, especially in the morning.

Those hats look great. I’ll cross my fingers that the straps show up in time!

Wow, I LOVE your drink brochure! I want one! :laughing:

I think your plans look good as long as you score an earlier Guardians boarding group. Animal Kingdom in the evening is an excellent plan as many people seem to leave by the mid-afternoon.

Good Morning Everyone!

First Rest Day

Today will be our first rest day of the trip. I am sure we will have gone hard the day before and already ready for a rest day. The goal is pretty simple today. RELAX!!!
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 6.30.57 AM

No Tinkerbell gifts today. I decided on none on the rest days. Last trip, the girls didn't get out of bed till so late, that it was silly.

My plan is to mobile order from Ale & Compass for breakfast. There is a Crab Cake Benedict that I want to try!
download (3)
I know, no one will want to go down and eat, so mobile order and eat on the balcony it will be! Which honestly sounds kind of nice!

I figure the girls might want to try the Dark Chocolate Waffles as well.
download (4)

After a hopefully relaxing breakfast in the room, I am sure we will venture down to swim in the amazing pool at Yacht Club.
download

stormalong-bay-pool-beach-club-resort-disney-world-935

Our only real plan we have for the day, is dinner. We have dinner at 5:00 at Homecomin!!!!

Our reservation is 5:00 PM. And I will def be ordered the Fried Green Tomatoes!
download (1)

And I might need to share the Chicken Fried Steak with Gwen. This was suprisingly good
download (2)

Homecomin is a must do for us now.

And then the other item to-do it to try and go to Gideon's again possibly...
Peanut+Butter+Chocolate+Deluxe+Cake+Gideon's+Bakehouse+Disney+Springs+Walt+Disney+World+March+2024
The Peanut Butter Cake is only available on Wedenesdays and Saturdays.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Deluxe Cake — Two layers of peanut butter cake with a layer of chocolate cake in the middle with swirled peanut butter and chocolate buttercreams, topped with peanut butter ganache and peanut butter and chocolate mini chips

ACTUALLY, I just looked up the schedule for the cakes....
March+Cake+Schedule+Gideon's+Bakehouse+Disney+Springs+Walt+Disney+World+March+2024
The Cake for Thursday when we show up sounds amazing!!!

Valentina’s Cake is a red velvet cake with cookies and cream marshmallow buttercream accented with ribbons of black marshmallow buttercream and red ganache

And I got super excited to see the Key Lime Pie Cake on the list BUT I just realized that the first Wednesday that we will be there will technically be April, and they will have a new menu... Wedensday we wont' be in Disney Springs, but I was seriously considering taking a trip JUST to get the Key Lime pie.

Anyway... that is the plan for the day, eat, swim, eat again...

Mine is the white hat, Gwen has the purple in the middle and then I got the yellow one for Morgan and I think i like it the best! Look at the back of the hat.
The hats are SO cute!! I love a strappy baseball cap--SO much easier with a ponytail because I like mine higher up than I can do with a regular baseball cap. I'm sure the girls will love them.
Anyway... that is the plan for the day, eat, swim, eat again...
This is a solid plan! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter