Spring Break - Last Minute Planning

That’s a bummer on the changed schedule! I would feel the same way, wanting to extend. Fingers crossed you find a good option!

Guys!!!!

I checked flights again this AM, and we could move our flight to 7:00 PM Friday night BUT we would all have to sit seperately.... SO, now I am patiently (not patiently) waiting for Morgan and Gwen to get home from school to see if they would be ok with that or not...

Reactions: DLo
Extra time at Disney is always a win!! I wish you'd been able to make your changes sooner (with less stress!) but I"ll keep my fingers crossed that it all works out anyway!

Hi Everyone!!!!

16 Days to go!

So, as of now, we are sticking with our original flight. Gwen was not feeling the sitting by herself on the plane thing. And at 13, I have to respect that. She is getting older but still not feeling the sitting by a stranger thing. Which is fine. And now the flight is almost full, all that is left is seats no one wants to pay for because of the upcharge. Most exit seats.... which I don't get don't they need people to sit there?

It's all fine, it is still going to be a great trip, soooooo moving onto other things.

Groceries

Since Disney102015 said they were able to order alchol and have it delivered. So I think I am just going to go with that. It is easy. I am actually making my order now! At this point we get the same things....

• Bottles of Soda for Andy - he is a Coke Zero Guy...
  • Cans of Seltzer Water for me... I take one each morning in my water bottle. The flavored perrier's are now associate wtih our trips now.
  • A thing of Peach Tea for the girls
  • Goldfish for Morgan
  • Single servings of Pringles for Gwen - both of these are for the girls to have in there park bags and I am in a line and hangry!
  • Chex Mix for everyone in the room
  • Fresh Blueberries and Strawberries for breakfast
  • I got Orange Blossom Beer this time. I love it and it's hard to get up here, so it is always nice to have.
  • And then most importantly Iced Coffee for Andy. He doesn't like hot coffee, so this is a must for him. I will get a refillable mug and get coffee at the counterservice each morning, but an iced coffee each morning gets $$$.
What does everybody order in there groceries?

I plan to pack granola bars, powdered flavoring for water bottles, immunity shots and some small bottles or cans of wine in the suitcases as well. Maybe some cans of pringles or they have tiny versions of doritos you can get now for the plane? I always let the girls get plane candy and snacks ahead of time, so we don't have to pay for it at the airport.

Transportation

We decided this trip to use uber to the airport instead of parking there. The Philly Airport got rid of long term parking awhile ago and it is $$$ to park. Andy actually pre-booked a pick up time this morning.

And we are going to do lyft or uber from the Orlando airport to Yacht Club. It's not magical but we have done it a few times now, and it has been fine each time. I still want Magical Express back!!!!

Park Hours

So, Disney did extend some park hours last Friday but only the first couple days of our trip. I expect this Friday to have the rest of the park hours updated. So, we will see. But it seems like this is what it might be:

• Animal Kingdom might be open till 8:00 PM
  • Hollywood Studios only till 9:30
  • EPCOT only till 9:00
  • Magic Kingdom till 11:00 PM.
Is it me or is it weird that EPCOT is closing at 9 all the time? Seems like it would be at least 10? Maybe they are trying to cut down on the drinking?

That is it for now. I will start the process of pulling out summer clothes this weekend and making sure we have what we need. We have a drumline competition this Saturday to go to. And then the following weekend will be ANOTHER drumline competition and then Sunday will be our Easter. So, 2 busy weekends before we leave!!!

Following along and making some mental notes on a spring break trip. we are taking this year off from Disney. Our trips over the past 10 years have always been at the end of August so while it's hot the crowds are usually really low. I am not sure how I feel about going Easter week next year but it is what it is. We will just deal with the crowds. The rest of the family all requested that we go a different time of year for our next trip so April it is. My youngest will be turning 10 that week and it will be my oldest 10th trip so it will still be special. My oldest ill be high school next year and really does not like to miss school so I do my best to honor that.

We always use garden grocer as well and largely because you could order alcohol and they would still leave at Bell Services. Over the last few years our order has gotten smaller and smaller and now we essentially just order bottled water so will most likely use Amazon Fresh or Instacart on our next trip.

I always love that you do the tinker bell gifts for the girls. It just makes the trip feel special and I am sure they will cherish those memories.

I was surprise the Easter Day was the lowest crowds. I would have thought that it would have been the busiest but I guess a lot of locals probably avoid it and maybe others use it as their rest day as we are all thinking its going to be the most crowded.

Can't wait to follow along on your trip report when you get back!!

Following along, we're only a couple weeks behind you! Love your resort choices, coming from Canada the exchange rate is brutal though (1.35) so we'll be at Pop!

Also debating the genie+ and magic bands, I'd rather spend my money on better food 😄

The Philly Airport got rid of long term parking awhile ago and it is $$$ to park.
I've been reading your pre-trip report and didn't realize you were coming from the Philly area. :wave2:Hi, neighbor! My DD9 and I are headed to WDW from 3/24 to 29, flying in and out of PHL and staying at Beach Club. We'll miss you by one day!! We spent Easter '23 at Beach and Yacht and had a great time. Yes, it was crowded and hot, but we made the best of it. A fun perk is that the gift shop at BC will create custom Easter baskets for you, although you might have to get your order in earlier in the week. If memory serves me right, I ordered on a Thursday, picked it up on the Saturday before Easter, and hid them in luggage to have out on Easter morning. This year, we are heading home beforehand. :(

IMG_6413.jpg

Following along and making some mental notes on a spring break trip. we are taking this year off from Disney. O
My 2022 trip report was also the same time of year, if you wanted to see how we fared that trip as well. It was in the height of revenge travel, so I am intrested to see how this trip is verse that one.

I was surprise the Easter Day was the lowest crowds. I would have thought that it would have been the busiest but I guess a lot of locals probably avoid it and maybe others use it as their rest day as we are all thinking its going to be the most crowded.
I was too! We did do Easter at Magic Kingdom that trip but I don't remember it being walll to wall people like the photos were showing today in social media....

Also debating the genie+ and magic bands, I'd rather spend my money on better food
The nice thing is you can pick and choose what day you use genie+. I don't love paying for it but it is nice that you can decide today will be a ride heavy day and go for and then the next day, just enjoy the day.

Hi, neighbor! My DD9 and I are headed to WDW from 3/24 to 29,
We actually fly in 3/28 super early! So technically we over lap by a day. Where in philly are you jersey side or pa side? We are raising Jersey gals over here.

We actually fly in 3/28 super early! So technically we over lap by a day. Where in philly are you jersey side or pa side? We are raising Jersey gals over here
Awe, we are on the opposite side in PA. But close enough. Yes, I'm just now realizing that Easter is day 4 for you! :goodvibes I was reading last night and this morning, and I think I'm not awake yet, LOL! 3/28 is our HS day, and 3/29 is either pool or a quick visit to EPCOT before leaving. I love that you are doing a split stay at WL. It will be a nice relaxing resort to return to after park days. For this trip, I was expecting crowds, but I saw a few videos yesterday on Instagram and TikTok, and WDW looks extra packed. I have our days mapped out, but will likely have to make adjustments and whittle down expectations. We've planned to sleep in a bit and stay up late, taking advantage of the EEH at MK and Epcot.

For this trip, I was expecting crowds, but I saw a few videos yesterday on Instagram and TikTok, and WDW looks extra packed. I have our days mapped out, but will likely have to make adjustments and whittle down expectations. We've planned to sleep in a bit and stay up late, taking advantage of the EEH at MK and Epcot.
I do think this week and next week are the busiest and it slowly dies from crazy busy to regular busy the closer you get to easter. Colleges have spring break right now, and I know that Morgan's high school seniors are there now for there senior trip. At least that is my hope. I also think people find 1 spot where it is sholder to shoulder and that is ALL they show... like the peter pan area... it's not hard to do that.

Plans are coming along nicely. I understand Gwen not wanting to sit next to a stranger. I've never done a grocery order but sure could have used one just for water. My transportation will also help me with getting some water, Danielle. She gets to pick us up, drop us back off and get me some water and unsweetened tea.

Hello Everyone!!!

Happy Sunday and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Anyone doing anything for St. Pats day? I am planning on making a Guiness Beef Stew and some horseradish mashed potatoes. And maybe some Irish Soda Bread.

I have lots of prep work to do today. Fun things like laundry, cleaning... Today is usually when I start to pull things out and make sure I don't need to buy anything else. So, I will do that today as well. And then Gwen wants to decorate for Easter. So, we will be doing that as well.

Disney finally posted updated hours for the parks for our trip!

Magic Kingdom is open everyday from 9:00 - 11:00 PM.

Animal Kingdom will be open 8:00 - 8:00 PM

Hollywood Studios will be open 8:30 - 9:30 PM (most days)

EPCOT will be open 9:00 - 9:00 PM

Good news is with Animal Kingdom closing at 8:00 PM, we can try and park hop over one evening to try and ride Flight of Passage if we want.

Bad news is that with the later Magic Kingdom hours, the night of Extended Evening Hours will be 11:00 - 1:00 PM. Which... will be a late night. And we will want to go to a park the day after.... We will have to suck it up, as it will be our last day.

AND that day I had planned on us going to Animal Kingdom in the morning. And now with the new hours, if we wanted to take advantage of early hours we would need to be at Animal Kingom at 7:30.... Which makes for a LONG day....

I feel like I should re-arrange things but at the same time, I feel like I should just let things stay as is. And just see where the trip takes us.

Also Bad news... With Magic Kingdom open that late, I fear that the crazy crowds will continue while we are there. I knew it would be busy but was hoping it would be a little less. I might need to mentally prepate for Genie + is needed for pretty much everyday. Sigh....

I am still waiting for 2 things for Tinkerbell Gifts. But I will try and get photos of everything today to make a post about soon!

Hope you get your park days sorted to your liking.
Happy St Patrick’s Day. Your stew sounds tasty 😋
We went to a local restaurant and had a very non-traditional dinner with wine 😂
Eldest daughter and her family had a family day wearing green ( we all wear green☘️)and enjoying treats and games, our eldest son is in Glasgow visiting his cousins - they are doing a pub crawl later and the youngest son (17) wanted to watch the football (soccer) so he did that. I cooked , in the loosest sense of the word ( chicken goujons and oven chips) his tea when we got home from our meal. Usually go to the pub for some food and trad music but they were bunged with people and I am old 😂😂😂

What does everybody order in there groceries?
Very similar! We ordered water bottles and Gatorade, granola bars, fruit, and snack packs. We also ordered liquid hand soap (it’s cheap and I don’t like using bar soap all week), gallon size plastic bags for packing up snacks from the park, and Epsom salt which ended up being so nice to soak our feet in each night.
It's not magical but we have done it a few times now, and it has been fine each time. I still want Magical Express back!!!!
I miss the Magical Express too! But Uber was super easy and quick.
Also Bad news... With Magic Kingdom open that late, I fear that the crazy crowds will continue while we are there. I knew it would be busy but was hoping it would be a little less. I might need to mentally prepate for Genie + is needed for pretty much everyday.
We had crazy crowds but lines got so much better from 9-11pm at MK. However, we were really glad to have Genie + at that park both days. I need to add up how much time we saved but it really helped us with the crowds this past week.

Your St. Patrick's Day meal sound delicious.

I cleaned house all day. So much fun.:rolleyes:

I always want longer hours but then it makes it hard too.

I just put up Easter decoration this past week. Still need to get the grandkids Easter basket stuff.

Happy Monday Everyone....

I have a REAL problem..... Like a REAL REAL problem...

So, I am not sure if I have talked about it here much. But Andy has been diagnosed with Arthritis of the Spine. Arthritis runs in his family and he is just lucky enough to have it in his spine. He has had a major and minor back surgery because of it.

AND his back has been acting up but usually he can wear his brace and make sure he stretches and take it easy and he will recover....

Well, yesterday Andy was sitting on the couch and pulled something trying to get up and just couldn't get up! He was in so much pain. It has been a long time since he has had an issue this bad. He thinks its a muscle thing and not something in his spine...

We have 10 days for Andy to recopureate his back!!!! We will see how he is today! I told him at least we have nice hotel room with balcony... he didn't like that....

Oh and Morgan threw up last night!!!

Gwen asked if we were just going to leave them both here and we would just go by ourselves...

Oh no!! So sorry to hear your family is going through all that right before the trip. I hope both Andy and Morgan fully recover in the next 10 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter