Spring Advantage 2013?

I'm getting so excited about the Spring 2013 College Program too. I already graduated from college last year so I am going to take a class at a local community college this Fall so that I meet the requirements and will be considered a part time college student. I just registered for the class and let me tell you that I have never been this excited to take a class.
My sister and I recently got FL Resident Annual Passes and we have been going to Disney World a lot. I now find myself watching the Cast Members and looking at their name badges to see if they are in the CP. I told my sister after our last trip that I could really see myself living and working at Disney. Applications for Spring 2013 can't come soon enough!

Hey everybody! My name is Christina and I am just wrapping up my freshman year at UCONN. I will be applying for my first CP ever (woot!) for spring 2013. Of course, I've gotta be at WDW! :P As much as I love MK, I am not a night owl and hope I don't end up working super late shifts like that, though I know to expect it lol. I am not sure what roles I would like do. I may end up extending my program, if I like it. Feel free to chat with me!

Hey everybody! My name is Christina and I am just wrapping up my freshman year at UCONN. I will be applying for my first CP ever (woot!) for spring 2013. Of course, I've gotta be at WDW! :P As much as I love MK, I am not a night owl and hope I don't end up working super late shifts like that, though I know to expect it lol. I am not sure what roles I would like do. I may end up extending my program, if I like it. Feel free to chat with me!

I didn't want to work super late on mine either I ended up at DTD getting off at like 11 or 12 was normal for me! I think MK might be the only park that keeps you around until 3am:rotfl:

Welcome by the way!pixiedust:

Hi and welcome !!! Would you lifeguard? The water parks close about 5-6pm(ish) every night so their shifts aren't too bad...Just early mornings. Also, I'm not sure if the role I did is still there...it was a "CP Pilot Program" when I started there was only a handful of us... It's called Resort Bus Greeter, it may be under transportation when you apply, but I worked 6-2pm every day and always got my 2 days off a week. It was super fun and you can pick up shifts at other resorts if you want!! I can't think of any others right now that would be "early" mornings...Maybe BBB, since I don't see how children would want a fairy makeover at 9pm? Hope that helps you :):cutie:

I'm getting so excited about the Spring 2013 College Program too. I already graduated from college last year so I am going to take a class at a local community college this Fall so that I meet the requirements and will be considered a part time college student. I just registered for the class and let me tell you that I have never been this excited to take a class.
My sister and I recently got FL Resident Annual Passes and we have been going to Disney World a lot. I now find myself watching the Cast Members and looking at their name badges to see if they are in the CP. I told my sister after our last trip that I could really see myself living and working at Disney. Applications for Spring 2013 can't come soon enough!

:rotfl2:It always tickles me when people only take one class! Good luck hopefully we can all get in! (Since there aren't many of us...yet)

Hi everyone!! I saw this thread and I read through just to make sure this wasn't JUST for Spring Adv hopefuls. I'm planning on applying for the Spring 13 program. I actually just applied and got denied for the Fall 12 program. But all is well because I wasn't even initially supposed to apply for fall. But I've known about the DCP for a very long time and I'm so excited to apply again in September :banana:. And since I've been reading around the board, I'm flip flopping in my mind whether I want to do the regular or adv program. But I'm a junior at Kent State and I really want to apply for merchandise, character attendant, attractions, and maybe hospitality or vacation planning :)

Hi everyone!! I saw this thread and I read through just to make sure this wasn't JUST for Spring Adv hopefuls. I'm planning on applying for the Spring 13 program. I actually just applied and got denied for the Fall 12 program. But all is well because I wasn't even initially supposed to apply for fall. But I've known about the DCP for a very long time and I'm so excited to apply again in September :banana:. And since I've been reading around the board, I'm flip flopping in my mind whether I want to do the regular or adv program. But I'm a junior at Kent State and I really want to apply for merchandise, character attendant, attractions, and maybe hospitality or vacation planning :)

Well either way you're def welcome here! I hope you decide to do spring adv since you still wouldn't actually miss but one semester. Unless you were going to make that semester up in the summer or something.

That's the only thing. I'm graduating next spring and the only thing I would ask from the program is about 3 days off so I can fly up and graduate and then come back and finish working. But things will work out :)

Welcome! I'm Melissa! I plan on applying for character attendant and attractions too :) I am also going to apply for PI

Just curious, if anyone wants to work in a park, which one do you want to work in? I think MK would be nice, but I know you would be working basically all day and night. I think Epcot would be really nice, plus it's my favorite park ;) But I don't think I would mind working in AK.

If I got MK I would like to work park operations there. Work in the ticketing booths and park cars. But as far as where I want to work! Hollywood Studios for sure!

Just curious, if anyone wants to work in a park, which one do you want to work in? I think MK would be nice, but I know you would be working basically all day and night. I think Epcot would be really nice, plus it's my favorite park ;) But I don't think I would mind working in AK.

I worked at Studios and absolutely loved it but if I get accepted this time, I hope I get either Epcot or Magic Kingdom.

Hey all, I'm Brandon!
I'm hoping to apply for the spring adv program! I haven't really thought about what I'd like to do... I think I want to work in the parks, can we work in gift shops? I've worked at old navy for about six months now and I love retail and customer service! I'm graduating high school in the next month or so (one of the joys of home schooling :) ) and am going to take a college class in the summer so I can come down for the first cp I'm old enough to take! I'm so excited!!:banana:

Hey y'all, I'm Emmy Kate
I'm going to be applying to Spring 2013 advantage too :goodvibes I'll be a sophomore then, and it'll be my first experience in the DCP.

When will they start accepting applications? I'm so nervous I just want to get my application in so I can stop worrying about it.

The list of roles I'm looking at is longer than my arm, but merch and attractions are pretty high on the list.

If I get in, I can't wait to meet all of you in person! Fellow Dis-ers unite!

Hey! I have decided to try to go back to WDW in Fall 2013! I have done a cp in fall 2011 and absolutely loved it! Also, my family has never been to WDW and I think this will be a good chance for them to come because of the discounts. And I think my friend who has done the cp before might do it to:)

Hi and welcome !!! Would you lifeguard? The water parks close about 5-6pm(ish) every night so their shifts aren't too bad...Just early mornings. Also, I'm not sure if the role I did is still there...it was a "CP Pilot Program" when I started there was only a handful of us... It's called Resort Bus Greeter, it may be under transportation when you apply, but I worked 6-2pm every day and always got my 2 days off a week. It was super fun and you can pick up shifts at other resorts if you want!! I can't think of any others right now that would be "early" mornings...Maybe BBB, since I don't see how children would want a fairy makeover at 9pm? Hope that helps you :):cutie:

Thanks for the suggestions. Don't you have to be trained in CPR or something to be a lifeguard? But anyway it wouldn't be the best fit for me because I have very fair skin. DX I will probably just suck it up and work another role lol!

And I think I'd most like working in Magic Kingdom because it's my favorite, or in Animal Kingdom since it closes at 7 LOL. Or even Epcot. Heck, I don't know!

Hey guys! My name is Lauren and I did the Fall 2010 College Program in Attractions at The Great Movie Ride, and will be applying to go back for Spring/Spring Advantage 2013! I am a current Campus Rep for my college. My top three roles are Vacation Planner, Attractions and Merchandise! I will be graduating in December, so I hope this will lead me into a Professional Internship in communications!

Hey guys! My name is Lauren and I did the Fall 2010 College Program in Attractions at The Great Movie Ride, and will be applying to go back for Spring/Spring Advantage 2013! I am a current Campus Rep for my college. My top three roles are Vacation Planner, Attractions and Merchandise! I will be graduating in December, so I hope this will lead me into a Professional Internship in communications!

I saw this on the list of options, what exactly does the job entail? I might be really interested, but I wanted to know more about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter