Spring Advantage 2013?

Hey guys, I'm Autumn (Oh hey, look, a fellow Autumn!:D) And I will most likely be applying for Spring Advantage 2013! I'm so excited like nobody here understands that I neeeeeeeeed to be back at Walt Disney World! I've been looking at Disney tumblrs and all it's doing is making me crazy homesick XD My friend Taylor went back two days ago and she posted a picture of Cinderella's Castle all lit up and I was like ;.; wanna be there.

My dream is to be friends with Ariel or a parade performer, but I know that's super tough. Dx But aside from that, I'd love to be a character attendant, but I'm really not picky, I just want to be at Disney, making magic happen!

ValiantHeart said:
Hey guys, I'm Autumn (Oh hey, look, a fellow Autumn!:D) And I will most likely be applying for Spring Advantage 2013! I'm so excited like nobody here understands that I neeeeeeeeed to be back at Walt Disney World! I've been looking at Disney tumblrs and all it's doing is making me crazy homesick XD My friend Taylor went back two days ago and she posted a picture of Cinderella's Castle all lit up and I was like ;.; wanna be there.

My dream is to be friends with Ariel or a parade performer, but I know that's super tough. Dx But aside from that, I'd love to be a character attendant, but I'm really not picky, I just want to be at Disney, making magic happen!

:GASP: It has been so long since I've met aanother Autumn! I completely understand your excitement and need! I have read tons of blogs and watched tons of videos and I get so excited at just the thought of going back.

Hello to all the new posters!!

Apps should be up so soon ahhh. Even though I've done the program before I'm SO nervous about the WBI. I failed it once so I'm paranoid about doing it again. And this is my last chance to apply. :(

Hi!!! I'm Katie, 21 in December, from New Orleans, and I'll be doing Spring 2013 as my first CP.

I'm extremely into dance, and cannot WAIT to audition for entertainment. I'll want Character performer (hopefully face) more than anything, but I'll be super excited to perform in a show or parade as well! If no luck, I'll fall back on BBB, Attractions, and Merchandise lastly (though I'm not very fond of it).

Disney is my LIFE. And when I discovered that there was a way for college aged kids to get together and love disney together??! HECK YES, I'm all for it! :goodvibes

I'll be looking for some roomies and I'm not picky, as long as you're into Disney (which you are, right? :thumbsup2) I'll love to meet ya!

for those with a tumblr or interested, my blog is ohlopey.tumblr

:cheer2:

hey! I'm hoping to do spring advantage 2013 as well! so excited, but so nervous for the whole application process. one quick question,it might be stupid but, when you do the advantage program, so you take classes still may through aug? or just jan-aug?

thanks!

I know the classes you take depend on what your college says about credits counting, but from anyone's experience what classes did your school allow or count as credit or any info regarding the class options that you did? I am an elementary Ed major! Thanks :)

Hey Everybody! I'm DeAnna and I'm a disney freak! Like seriously, my daily vocabulary consists of Disney movie quotes. Hoping I get into the DLR CP this year under Attractions, Photopass or Character Hosting! Pretty much anything actually. Tried to get in a couple years ago but didn't getting past the web interview. :D Great to see all the hopefuls! And apps PLEASE be up soon!!!

Hello! My name is Ellyn, I am an athletic training major and I am applying for the spring 2013 program. I have wanted to do his program since I was a little girl and I am SO excited. But I am actually more nervous to be denied. Any tips?

ellyphant11 said:
Hello! My name is Ellyn, I am an athletic training major and I am applying for the spring 2013 program. I have wanted to do his program since I was a little girl and I am SO excited. But I am actually more nervous to be denied. Any tips?

Um, If you want practice I guess with the web based interview, I would do the web based interviews from other companies (target,walmart, any other company). Even though people say its easy, some of the questions many trick you up sometimes. Same question being asked multiple times, multiple different ways. As for the actual interview, I would look up questions that have been asked to previous DCP'ers/hopefuls that fall under your top 3-5 choices. I'm doing that and also I know a lot of people who have worked and are currently working for Disney, so I ask them what types of questions would they ask. Maybe I'm preparing too much, but everything helps, right?

allyouneedishope said:
Um, If you want practice I guess with the web based interview, I would do the web based interviews from other companies (target,walmart, any other company). Even though people say its easy, some of the questions many trick you up sometimes. Same question being asked multiple times, multiple different ways. As for the actual interview, I would look up questions that have been asked to previous DCP'ers/hopefuls that fall under your top 3-5 choices. I'm doing that and also I know a lot of people who have worked and are currently working for Disney, so I ask them what types of questions would they ask. Maybe I'm preparing too much, but everything helps, right?

Also for web based don't be too neutral - be honest. That's also probably the easiest way to not get tripped up by the repeated questions worded differently

Hey guys, my name is Jenn and I'm from Boston. I'm 19 and I go to Plymouth State in NH and I really really really REALLY want to do the DCP as a lifeguard.

I've been working at a local YMCA near my hometown for 5 years as a lifeguard and swim instructor so I have some experience in saving people (no life-threatening incidents but its all good.... hahaha).

I've been looking at a ton of posts on here regarding lifeguarding as a CP and I noticed theres a different training they use..? I'm certified in Red Cross CPR, AED, Lifeguarding and WSI. What is the training WDW uses? How is it different then Red Cross?

One last question, when do applications come out? and why can't it be sooner?

So excited to meet all you guys. :banana:

I'm applying for my first dcp as a lifeguard/recreation as my top 2.

Are there any other differences between spring and spring advantage besides going into the summer?

What kind of questions are you practicing? Just basic interview ones like give me three words that describe you? Or are there more Disney-specific ones?

I was also wondering if anyone knows if we can extend our contract once we get there? I think I have to do just regular Spring 2013, but what to know if it is possible to extend to advantage once we get there. Anyone know?

I was also wondering if anyone knows if we can extend our contract once we get there? I think I have to do just regular Spring 2013, but what to know if it is possible to extend to advantage once we get there. Anyone know?

Yes it possible to extend. You can be on the CP for up to 1 year consecutively

Hey everybody, my name is Matt and i also am currently waiting to apply for the spring, I cant really decide if i want to do the advantage or not though. If anyone could give some information on the college program its self and what to expect that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

I wish the apps would go up. :(

And I'm so nervous abut the WBI even though I know I probably shouldn't be. I've done it before so I know what to expect but ahh.

Hey everybody, my name is Matt and i also am currently waiting to apply for the spring, I cant really decide if i want to do the advantage or not though. If anyone could give some information on the college program its self and what to expect that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

Personally, I would go with Advantage

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter