Spring 2011 Professional Internships

I was selected for a PI and just accepted my role in Internal Communications- Creative Entertainment.

Welcome to the Team!!! You'll be apart of Entertainment DSI, I worked on that team for 7 months. In my current role I work with the current intern quite a bit.

Thanks for sharing, hellojamie! I'm really hoping to hear from Creative Entertainment too. I applied for the Art Design internship. They say no news is good news so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :)

Congratulations on your PI! :thumbsup2

I received my rejection for Lodging Management a few days ago, then received a rejection for Food and Beverage Management today. Here's to hoping for an alumni-only PI..

Hey all, I just got accepted tonight into the Labor Operations Cast Deployment PI.
Like Jamie, I had put in my applications in. I put mine in very early, like they went up on Monday, I had my resume ready, read all the descriptions, applied for F&B Mgmnt, Pricing and Labor Ops. The next day (I think, it could've been the following thursday, but I don't think so) I got the email to set up the phone screener. Went very similar to Jamie's description. I thought I nailed it, but they were still accepting applications for over a month. So I waited, and waited.
About a couple of weeks ago I got a phone call from casting, around 7pm, called back again and again that night and eventually just to verify I could do Disney Look, provide my own transportation, all that bologny. I got declined for F&B a few days ago, and was honestly a little bummed, but wanted to do Pricing or Labor Ops more. Tonight I got another Restricted number, while having dinner at Ohana. It was the same woman who called from casting, again about 7pm EST. She told me that they already were going to offer me the Labor Ops position, and they were excited to have me. I didn't even have to do a second interview. They even modified the PI length because I couldn't legally work until August since I'm on the fall advantage CP right now. So now I'll have a week off, then start again January until June working with the CDS and leaders and cast who need assistance.
Very excited to keep my Disney experience alive and really hope I can transform this into a full-time position!

I have given up on the PI program...if i dont get in this time it will be a joke...i am overly qualified...i did great on my phone interview...and i know everything about the company....if anything i am overqualified...

Hey everyone. I'm a current PI, but applied an interviewed for others for Spring 2011. I've just kinda thumbed through this thread to see how things have been going for other people.

I know a lot of people have been asking if they always do 2nd interviews. From what I know, most management will do a 2nd interview. Most of the other internships do not. Again it just depends on the department, and if they feel the need to.

I also saw a question about phone vs in person interviews. A lot of the departments will do a phone interview even if you're living in Orlando. It's easier and quicker for them to do it this way. Animal Programs however will sometimes schedule in person interviews especially for people in the area or current PI/CPs. I do believe you have to ask for this though, and that they don't just call you in unless you're already a PI.

If you haven't heard anything don't fret, a lot of internships will be deciding in the near future who they want. You still wont hear back for weeks after because HR and Casting can take a few weeks to process paperwork and contact you. So as some people have been saying no news after an interview at this point can really be good news.

If anyone has any other questions, I'll try to help out! Best of luck to everyone!

I was just accepted this afternoon for Creative Entertainment-Art Design Internship!!! I am so excited! I can hardly wait to be in Disney! :dancer:

Pixie dust to all those still waiting!:tink:

Merchandise Management offers are going out - very exciting!!! Good luck to those waiting on the call!!! Congrats to those who got it!!!

Hey everyone!

So I applied for a PI in Engineering Services about a week before the application deadline and had not heard ANYTHING until last Thursday. I never had a phone screening or any email updates. Thursday morning, however, I got a call from the Ride Design Project Engineering Group asking for a phone interview that afternoon. I was soooo excited! I had pretty much given up hope since I had heard absolutely nothing since I submitted my application.

Well it turns out the phone interview was with 3 engineering managers who were interviewing me for a ride design internship. I couldn't believe it! One of the guys had even mentioned that he helped develop the new updates to the It's a Small World ride. I was star struck! :yay:

They told me that they would be making their decision by the end of next week and now I'm ridiculously excited and super nervous. I'm guessing that interview was the panel interview that I see people talking about but I'm not sure. I guess the engineering department does it differently. Good luck to everyone still waiting to her!

Hey everyone!

So I applied for a PI in Engineering Services about a week before the application deadline and had not heard ANYTHING until last Thursday. I never had a phone screening or any email updates. Thursday morning, however, I got a call from the Ride Design Project Engineering Group asking for a phone interview that afternoon. I was soooo excited! I had pretty much given up hope since I had heard absolutely nothing since I submitted my application.

Well it turns out the phone interview was with 3 engineering managers who were interviewing me for a ride design internship. I couldn't believe it! One of the guys had even mentioned that he helped develop the new updates to the It's a Small World ride. I was star struck! :yay:

They told me that they would be making their decision by the end of next week and now I'm ridiculously excited and super nervous. I'm guessing that interview was the panel interview that I see people talking about but I'm not sure. I guess the engineering department does it differently. Good luck to everyone still waiting to her!

I was so excited for you when I read this! I really hope that you get it. What an awesome job! Good luck!

I was so excited for you when I read this! I really hope that you get it. What an awesome job! Good luck!

Thank you so much! This morning I got another call asking to set up a time tomorrow to talk to one of the engineering directors! He's actually in Germany right now. Crazy! His secretary said it should be a quick conference call, so I'm not quite sure what to expect..

Thank you so much! This morning I got another call asking to set up a time tomorrow to talk to one of the engineering directors! He's actually in Germany right now. Crazy! His secretary said it should be a quick conference call, so I'm not quite sure what to expect..

Viel Glück!! (Good luck in German, haha). Design us some good rides : )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter