• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Splitting up FastPasses

sparklemom

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I apologize if this has been addressed, but after some searching, I can't find an answer. We will be at WDW for 5 days starting on January 10 -- a night at MK, and then one day each for all 4 parks. I have booked FastPass+ for all of us and gotten the key rides for each person. My question is: if only two of us want to ride a specific ride, can I (and if so, how do I) split the group so that some members go elsewhere? I loathe the big coasters, and most of us don't like big drops like ToT, so can two of the group ride ToT and three use our FP for a show instead? When I go to MDX to try and modify the reservation, I can only figure out how to change it for everyone. The tiering is driving me nuts, BTW. The only two things my kids really care about are the Rock & Roll Coaster and TSMM, both in the same tier, so we have to waste a lot of time to get on both rides. The tiering almost made me skip HS altogether and go to Universal a day earlier, and that's still on the table, frankly.

Another question: I know that FP+ is technically nontransferable, but is it possible to do it in practice? Again, Space Mountain is a must for my kids, but I'm not going on it -- so if I have a FastPass on it (that I must use up before I can book new ones), can I just use it to let my kids ride a second time?

Thanks!

Yes in MDE you can change the FP for just a subset of your party (when you select an attraction to change, you can select which party members you want to change it for).

Yes you can transfer FPs simply by swapping out MBs.

Aha, I see that the option of changing for just some of the party appears when I select the new experience. Thanks!

Questions like these are addressed in the green link in my signature.

Hi all! I apologize if this has been addressed, but after some searching, I can't find an answer. We will be at WDW for 5 days starting on January 10 -- a night at MK, and then one day each for all 4 parks. I have booked FastPass+ for all of us and gotten the key rides for each person. My question is: if only two of us want to ride a specific ride, can I (and if so, how do I) split the group so that some members go elsewhere? I loathe the big coasters, and most of us don't like big drops like ToT, so can two of the group ride ToT and three use our FP for a show instead? When I go to MDX to try and modify the reservation, I can only figure out how to change it for everyone. The tiering is driving me nuts, BTW. The only two things my kids really care about are the Rock & Roll Coaster and TSMM, both in the same tier, so we have to waste a lot of time to get on both rides. The tiering almost made me skip HS altogether and go to Universal a day earlier, and that's still on the table, frankly.

Another question: I know that FP+ is technically nontransferable, but is it possible to do it in practice? Again, Space Mountain is a must for my kids, but I'm not going on it -- so if I have a FastPass on it (that I must use up before I can book new ones), can I just use it to let my kids ride a second time?

Thanks!

Re:your favorite rides and tiering in DHS, in October ("moderate" crowds) the standby for Rockin roller coaster was very short through, I'd say the first 45 min of park opening (which really means until at least 9:30 because they let us in about 8:40) and still modest wait (30 min) until 10 or so. So if you go at opening, you could easily ride RnR several times, save your FP for toy story. I didn't watch wait times for either ride the rest of the day since we had already done them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter