• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Splitting resorts and getting DP for one?

miamimama

Mouseketeer
I'm confused about the possibility of getting the DP for one part of our stay - we have reservations at CB for 3 days and BR for 4. I'd like to get MGW park hoppers for the entire stay, but get DP for the BR stay only. Since they are separate reservations, I was told by one disney rep that I'd have to get a separate MYW for the BW part of the stay - even if it was only one day - in order to get the DP. Anyone have experience with this?

that is correct. If you want the DP with both of your stays you will have to add a MYW ticket to both ressies.

miamimama said:
I'm confused about the possibility of getting the DP for one part of our stay - we have reservations at CB for 3 days and BR for 4. I'd like to get MGW park hoppers for the entire stay, but get DP for the BR stay only. Since they are separate reservations, I was told by one disney rep that I'd have to get a separate MYW for the BW part of the stay - even if it was only one day - in order to get the DP. Anyone have experience with this?

Easy. Book a package with 4 nights at BR with dining and buy your tickets in the package. Then book a resort only stay (no tickets, no dining( for CB at 3 days. Your use of the dining plan will not extend beyond your 4 night stay at BR. It starts the moment you check in and ends at 11:59:59 pm the day you check out. Is that what you're wanting?

If you want the dining plan at all during your stay at CB, you'll have to purchase a seperate package with at least a 1 day ticket.

If I am understanding this correctly you only want the DP for part of your stay. Couldn't you just make it to where you book your room with the DP first with extra MYW days on them and then just get room only for the rest of your stay.

Edit:OK, never mind someone beat me to it!!!

To the best of my knowledge, you can purchase any number of days' MYW passes with your package - you're not limited to just the number of nights of (in your case) the first hotel reservation.
So you can book a package for four nights at BW/BR with four nights of the Dining Plan for each member of your party and seven days' MYW passes, or eight days, or ten days, or one day...
If you truly meet strong resistance on this, just purchase the four days passes, then simply upgrade to the number of days you actually want when you get to Disney.

Thanks for everyone's input - I think I'm going to give up on dining though, unless I get it for the entire trip. I talked to a AAA agent, and they told me I couldn't pick up my MYW tickets until I got to Boardwalk if I made them for only that leg of the trip.So, in other words, it wouldn't work if I wanted to get a seven day package for my Boardwalk trip and use it at the first part of my vacation - the 3 days at CB

What if you are doing a split stay and only plan to buy park tix for one half? Can we link our ressies so we can use the dining plan for both parts? We'd like to spend one night at POP before our Wonder cruise and then we're staying 4 nights at WL after. We only planned to get park tix for the WL half but want to be able to use DP credits at POP. Is that possible?

abminer said:
What if you are doing a split stay and only plan to buy park tix for one half? Can we link our ressies so we can use the dining plan for both parts? We'd like to spend one night at POP before our Wonder cruise and then we're staying 4 nights at WL after. We only planned to get park tix for the WL half but want to be able to use DP credits at POP. Is that possible?

no you can't use the dining plan for both parts. You would only be able to purchase the plan for your WL stay, since that is when you will have tickets. Also it has a time limit, good from the time you check in, until midnight on the day you check out. With one night at Pop you really would not get much use out of it anyway.

miamimama,

Your TA is correct. The only advice I can give you is to purchase your tickets separately (so you can use them during your CB stay) and purchase only 1 day with your BR MYW package so that you are eligible for the dining plan. You could either use that 1 day ticket on this trip, or save it for a trip in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter