Splitting a reservation

disdad19

Earning My Ears
I have a reservation currently for 7 nights at my home resort. I would like to switch the first 2 days to another resort tomorrow morning when my 7 month window opens. However, I am afraid that this will cause me to lose the remainder of the stay, which I want to keep at my home resort. I figured an easy fix would be to have MS break my original reservation into 2 separate reservations, thereby allowing me to modify the first without touching the second tomorrow morning. Unfortunately the lady I spoke to didn't seem able or willing to do this. Has anyone had experience with this? It seems to me that it should be an easy fix.??? Thanks!

Odd. I did exactly that a couple summers ago: made a weeklong reservation at AKL at 11 months, then at 7 months, had MS help to split the stay between there and BLT. Didn’t even have to beg; she was happy to do it for me.

If you have enough points, just book the other two days so that you’d have two reservations for the first two days. Then modify your first ressie online (or call into MS).

There is no way for them to break up a reservation right now. They can cancel it and then rebook as two separate reservations but you run the risk of losing the room.

Odd. I did exactly that a couple summers ago: made a weeklong reservation at AKL at 11 months, then at 7 months, had MS help to split the stay between there and BLT. Didn’t even have to beg; she was happy to do it for me.

They didn’t break it into two. They modified the existing ressie to cancel the days and then they booked the other room.

OP is wanting them to split the current reservation before making the switch.

If you have enough points, just book the other two days so that you’d have two reservations for the first two days. Then modify your first ressie online (or call into MS).

There is no way for them to break up a reservation right now. They can cancel it and then rebook as two separate reservations but you run the risk of losing the room.

They can. But won’t usually. I had 3 rooms booked for us and the family in April. And a waitlist for another night for one of the rooms. They automatically combined it incorrectly and they split it back apart for me.

I know it's too late - the 8 AM & 9 AM booking windows are already past. Today is the 7 month window for NYE. Had I dseen this yesterday, I would have told you to keep what you have and not mess with the reservation at all. NYE is the most difficult night of the year to book. Chances of ending up with nothing for that night would be too great for me to even attempt it.

That said, I hope something worked out for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter