Split Stay

King Dominic

Mouseketeer
Hello all! We had plans to stay with family in Florida before our Disney trip this year but some uncontrollable things have come up and they aren't going to be able to have us stay with them. So we booked a room for 2 nights at a different resort(Caribbean Beach) before our week long stay at OKW. My question is, how easy is the transferring of resorts process? We already had plans to hit the parks first thing in the morning on our first OKW day because my cousin and her family were going to go to the parks with us and we were just going to take a break from the park in the afternoon and get checked in. With us already being on property, is this going to be an issue if we have park plans in the AM? Will they just hold our bags for us? A little stressed about the process since we've never done it. Any info would be great.

*Sorry if there's a thread for this but I didn't see one

Ive never done a split stay but Disney will transfer your bags for you. Check with Bell services when you check in.

Of course, I’m sure someone else here has more details lol

Doing a split stay is pretty easy. If you have a car you can drive over to your new resort and have them store your luggage until your room is ready. If not you can have your resort move it for you to your new resort. This process though can take a very long time, so if you need anything in your bags make sure not to pack them. It's good you have park plans, that way you have something to do during the day before your room is ready. Enjoy!

Doing a split stay is pretty easy. If you have a car you can drive over to your new resort and have them store your luggage until your room is ready. If not you can have your resort move it for you to your new resort. This process though can take a very long time, so if you need anything in your bags make sure not to pack them. It's good you have park plans, that way you have something to do during the day before your room is ready. Enjoy!

So if we got up around 8, got ready and took our luggage and checked out, then we went to the park for the day our belongings would be to our other hotel by check in time(4PM)?

So if we got up around 8, got ready and took our luggage and checked out, then we went to the park for the day our belongings would be to our other hotel by check in time(4PM)?
Your old hotel will move them to your new hotel, but you have to be in your room to have the bags delivered. I've had varying experiences with how quickly we got our bags. One time they didn't show up until 8pm and we were in the room at 3pm. It was an annoying experience so we now move the bags ourselves and give them to the bell service to hold. If you do it that way you can collect your bags when you show up at the hotel. Your new stay technically begins at 6am when the system switches over if you want to do it that way before going to the park.

Same for us, do you get two sets of magic bands?
You can or you can decline one set if you only want one. You don't have to use the one you order for the hotel you're at either, you could switch them up every day if you wanted since it's linked to your MDE account not hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter