• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Split Stay Work around?! Policy Change??

Mousetopia

DIS Veteran
I was stuck with a split stay this trip due to lack of availability. I knew it would cause booking trouble for dining/CP. A CM suggested calling at my 60 day and a manager could help. Heres what happened!

Monday was 60 days for first resv
I called first thing, waited on hold forever, got through and I stated I had been told to ask for Managers help..she agreed would need a manager. She put me through and the Manager took care of the whole trip. ..except CandlelightP. pkg.

TodayThursday CP package availability day! I called...waited over an hour and the CM required me to give all 3 reservation comfirmations then she could pull all 3 together..huh? okay? So I gave them, she put me on hold, combined them in some magical way and then booked CP for me for the 12th easy peasey!!! She said it was a new way they had been told to do it!!! yayyy!!! Josh Gad here I come. She also was able to book anything else still needed full trip. I am so excited and relieved! A little pixie dust!

Hope posting this helps others get past this frustrating split stay reservation issue!

All I encountered were nice and gave me no hassle or sorry we dont do that responses. I made sure to show gratitude and let them know what the help meant to me!

Thank you for sharing this information! Where you able to pick the times you wanted for you ADR or did the manager told you what was available and you had to choose from that?

Thank you for sharing this information! Where you able to pick the times you wanted for you ADR or did the manager told you what was available and you had to choose from that?
They dont have ability to give you something not there so they told me the times choices and I picked.

...TodayThursday CP package availability day! I called...waited over an hour and the CM required me to give all 3 reservation comfirmations then she could pull all 3 together..huh? okay? So I gave them, she put me on hold, combined them in some magical way and then booked CP for me for the 12th easy peasey!!! She said it was a new way they had been told to do it!!! yayyy!!! Josh Gad here I come. She also was able to book anything else still needed full trip. I am so excited and relieved! A little pixie dust!

Hope posting this helps others get past this frustrating split stay reservation issue!....

Thank you so much for posting about this!

My booking window opens up next week, so I called WDW Dining this morning to see what I needed to do to link my split stay in the dining system so that I can book dining across the entirety of the reservations. The cast member I spoke with told me that they are not able to technically link them in the system, but they can get guest services to aide in making dining reservations across split stays once they review and confirm the multiple room reservations. HOWEVER, the booking window has to be active before they will do this. So when my booking window opens up next week, she advised me to call in that morning and they should be able to help me out.

Thanks again for posting about this option!

It was a HUGE relief. I also think it depends on who you speak to. First try I needed a transfer to a manager, the CM in Dining could not do it. The second one didnt transfer me anywhere. She placed me on hold and either linked them herself or someone helped..It is not a link as far as you are concerned it is on their side..mine dont show linked and dont show access to all my dates yet. Yes correct you have to be within your first 60 day window.
...have all confirmations handy..the second cm could not access them..particularly the Swan.
Good Luck!
...this should not be such hassle 🥴

Thank you for this post! My window opened today and I had resigned myself that I was going to have to wait to book the second portion of our trip and likely miss out on grabbing a Topolino reservation....but thanks to this post I called up and got somebody who was able to help me book my last 3 days and get us the breakfast!

I am thrilled for you! I feel like they are changing how they handle this because it drives a lot of dissatisfaction and stress...at least I hope they are. It was handled easily for me both times with no push back.

Thank you for this post! My window opened today and I had resigned myself that I was going to have to wait to book the second portion of our trip and likely miss out on grabbing a Topolino reservation....but thanks to this post I called up and got somebody who was able to help me book my last 3 days and get us the breakfast!
Great to hear you were able to get your reservations! I too have a split stay in December and was super sad about not getting to make the end of the trip reservations until later. Thank you all for your posts. I am hopeful this works for me too. Does it matter what phone # I call to reach reservations?

Great to hear you were able to get your reservations! I too have a split stay in December and was super sad about not getting to make the end of the trip reservations until later. Thank you all for your posts. I am hopeful this works for me too. Does it matter what phone # I call to reach reservations?
Disney Dining 😊 Good luck!

Oh this is great to know, my last trip they told me there was nothing they could do for me and I was so bummed! Thank you for sharing :)

Today was my 60 day mark for the first half of my stay. The first cast member who answered my call told me it wasn't possible. I called again and the new cast member told me she was going to talk with her manager to see what they could do, asked me for my confirmation numbers and left me on hold for like 5 minutes. Came back and was able to help me make dining reservations for the second half of my trip. @Mousetopia Thank you so much for the tip!

My friend tried doing this twice for her split stay over Christmas. Twice she had the CMs tell her it isn’t possible. One was super rude and told her there isn’t a dining manager to talk to, and to stop reading non Disney approved websites!
She tried again today based on your success but used chat this time. She managed to get someone who got it all sorted.

My daughter has a split stay in January( we are meeting them day 2) and I am more savvy at this than she is so I called to make her reservations. The CM said I would have to wait until the next day when the window opened up for the rest of the week and I mentioned that I read on here where a manager could possibly help me. She sighed quite loudly and told me to hang on and magically came back to the phone and made the reservation for me. It was only one and still didn’t get the one we wanted but hey, I still got her one

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter