Split stay questions

msii

Where do I find Roger Rabbit and Marsupilami?
We're visiting the world in June and will have a true split stay. We'll be staying for two nights (had to sneak in SWW) at AKL before a conference I'm attending, then staying for a week after the conference at AoA. Does anyone know how the following items will work with a split stay:
  • Refillable Mugs: Can we use them at both resorts within 14 days or would they deactivate when we checkout of AKL?
  • Memory Maker: Is this tied to a stay at all or would we be able to add it to the first stay and use it for both since we'll be within 30 days?
  • Magic Bands: Will we get two sets of Magic Bands? If so, will the tickets and Memory Maker be on both sets?

Thanks

We're visiting the world in June and will have a true split stay. We'll be staying for two nights (had to sneak in SWW) at AKL before a conference I'm attending, then staying for a week after the conference at AoA. Does anyone know how the following items will work with a split stay:
  • Memory Maker: Is this tied to a stay at all or would we be able to add it to the first stay and use it for both since we'll be within 30 days?
    MM is good for 30 consecutive days, regardless of where you are staying
  • Magic Bands: Will we get two sets of Magic Bands? If so, will the tickets and Memory Maker be on both sets?
    Yes, you will get two sets of bands. Remember, if linked properly to your My Disney Experience Account, both sets of bands will work at both resorts, except for the room access.
    Any tickets, Memory Maker, or Entitlements are shared on both bands.

Thanks

One word of caution! Be sure to physically check out of the 1st resort before checking into the 2nd. The 11am express checkout can cause problems if you check into the 2nd resort before the system express checks you out of the first. You will have less problems if you go to the front desk and check out prior to checking in.

Memory Maker - I'm not sure. If no one else has information, tell the cast member that checks you in at the second resort.

Refillable Mug - Must make sure you get length of stay ones and it's not a problem. Keep your receipt and if you have issues, contact a cast member and they can update it.

MagicBands - Yes you will get to. Just make sure you keep track of which one is which and you are fine. If you have park tickets, they can be transferred to the second half of your reservation. You are able to make FP+ for the length of stay as long as the tickets are on the first leg of your reservation.

I haven't done it yet, but I've been researching all over the board about split stays and Magic Bands. From what I've read from other people's experiences is that you indeed get two sets of Magic Bands, but you really only need one set with you if you desire. Most people have had no problems moving from one to the other resort and using the same band as their KTW for both resorts. As for everything, keep your receipts and any reservations printed out and with you.

I haven't done it yet, but I've been researching all over the board about split stays and Magic Bands. From what I've read from other people's experiences is that you indeed get two sets of Magic Bands, but you really only need one set with you if you desire. Most people have had no problems moving from one to the other resort and using the same band as their KTW for both resorts. As for everything, keep your receipts and any reservations printed out and with you.

Yes! We did a split stay in December and even though you will get 2 sets of bands, you DO NOT need to keep them separate! They are completely interchangeable. What a ton of people are getting confused about bands is that there is nothing actually on the bands! There is simply a link to your MDE account, that's it. So, if you have a room reservation and tickets on that account, the bands are interchangeable. To test this theory, I arrived 4 days ahead of my DH and kids for a work conference. I brought their extra bands with me, plus both sets for DM and myself. Every single band worked to open our room, even though they hadn't even arrived. During the stay, I switched bands a ton, often coordinating with my outfit!

Refillable Mug - Must make sure you get length of stay ones and it's not a problem. Keep your receipt and if you have issues, contact a cast member and they can update it.

So the "length of stay" mugs do not actually deactivate at the end of your current stay?

Thank you all for the replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter