• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Split stay for honeymoon?

SnoWhite

<font color=blue>If you spot a man in plaid pants,
My fiance and I are still in heavy debate about whether to stay at the Boardwalk Inn or the Yacht Club. I'm wondering if any of you have split your stays before and if you think it would be ok on your honeymoon or if it's more trouble than it's worth? Let me know what you think. Or if you have any other suggestions for me!

Thanks!

Lisa

I'll let you know in a few weeks. We're going the first 4 nights at WL and then a week at AKL.

We've never split a stay because we don't want to deal with the hassle of packing and unpacking and checking out and checking back in. We always buy way too much stuff and packing once at the the end of our trip is a chore!

To me, it just seems like it's more trouble than it's work. However, we go to Disney about once every 18 months or so and try to stay at different resorts. If this is a once in a lifetime type trip, then it might be worth it to you.

Can I put in a vote for the Yacht Club? I'm dying to stay there and the pool looks amazing! :)

We didn't go to WDW for our honeymoon, we went to Hawaii and stayed on 2 different islands. So when we left Lahaina we had to pack, take back the rental car, check in at the Kahului airport, fly to Kona, get a new rental car and drive to our new accomodations and check in. I actually thought it was fun, like two trips in one!

But it is wholly up to you what you want for your honeymoon. If it's too much hassle for you, don't do it! But it really might not be as bad as you think. Even if you forget something in your first hotel room, you can walk from the YC to the BW (or whichever way around) and fetch it.

I've split my stay before and it's really not to much trouble. Bell services moved our bags from WL to Poly and when we got back to the Poly late in the day they brought the bags up to the room.

We are splitting our honeymoon stay, 5 nights at CBR, then 8 nights at the WL.

How many nights are you going out for? That answer may determine if you want to split your stay or not. I personally wouldn't split a stay if going out for a week or less. Even at 7 nights, that would be 3 nights somewhere and then 4 nights somewhere. Splitting a week between two resorts may make the trip feel 'rushed'. By the time you settle in, it's time to move to the next resort! Just my opinion. :)

Diznee25

We're splitting our stay between the GF and Poly (4 nights at each), with a jaunt on the Wonder for 3 nights in the middle. Because of the cruise, it made it easier for us to decide to split since we would have to check out anyway.

Thomas

We actually decided to stick it out at one resort. This just gives us more of an excuse to go back and try the other one! So as of now our reservations are at the Yacht Club for 7 nights. We are excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter