Split Stay and Dining Plan Credits

Graykamirat

I'm not all there myself
My family of five is doing our first split stay at Disney, and I realized there are some logistics I didn't account for during planning. Our first three nights (Sunday, Monday and Tuesday) will be at AoA, with the Standard Dining Plan (so, three table service, three quick service and three snacks per person), and our final two nights will be at GF, also with the Standard Dining Plan (two table service, two quick service and two snacks per person).

When we check out of AoA to transfer over to GF, will we still have until midnight of our fourth day to use the AoA stay dining credits, or will our dining credits 'expire' when we check into the GF? I won't be too devastated if I lose a few snack credits, but I really don't want to pay for a TS OOP if I've paid for it on the dining plan.

Thanks!
Robyn

They are still good until midnight. However, you may want to stop at the front desk and have them print out what you have left on your plan before you leave. At least that way you have a paper trail in case something does happen. If, for some reason, the restaurant messes up, just charge the meal to your room and fix it with them.

Please note that you CANNOT combine credits from both reservations to "pay" for a 2 TS credit meal. The credits will have to come from the same reservation.

My family of five is doing our first split stay at Disney, and I realized there are some logistics I didn't account for during planning. Our first three nights (Sunday, Monday and Tuesday) will be at AoA, with the Standard Dining Plan (so, three table service, three quick service and three snacks per person), and our final two nights will be at GF, also with the Standard Dining Plan (two table service, two quick service and two snacks per person).

When we check out of AoA to transfer over to GF, will we still have until midnight of our fourth day to use the AoA stay dining credits, or will our dining credits 'expire' when we check into the GF? I won't be too devastated if I lose a few snack credits, but I really don't want to pay for a TS OOP if I've paid for it on the dining plan.

Thanks!
Robyn
Definitely get a printout before you check out on first stay. I had big problem with this last year. Here's what I learned.

We had a room only reservation with tickets to MNSSHP following our 14 night package with dining. We knew our dining plan credits were good till midnight on the day of checkout so intended to use TS, QS and cash in snacks at MNSSHP.

But, when we arrived at CP for dinner they could not get TS off our MBs and we billed to room so I could sort out later. Had same problem with QS and snacks. Kept receipts and spent like 2 hours at front desk next morning getting all charges reversed (7 people in my group with many meals and snacks cashed in that night before midnight).

I decided the system saw me check in on new rm only so the credits normally good till midnight got overridden. So this year I'm hoping to avoid by having my name as lead on 14 night package but use my adult son as lead named on rm only for last night stay after MNSSHP. Hoping that will avoid everyone not being able to use dining credits up till midnight.

I've helped friends who travel next week. It's their first Disney trip and it's a split stay. (Both AoA). If they have 3 nights in 1 room then move rooms, do they need to use all those credits by the end of their switch day?

I've helped friends who travel next week. It's their first Disney trip and it's a split stay. (Both AoA). If they have 3 nights in 1 room then move rooms, do they need to use all those credits by the end of their switch day?
Yes, each resort package is a separate reservation. Split stay is just a descriptive phrase used on the internet and not by Disney. Even though they are staying at the same resort (or even the same room) for both reservations the dining plan credits for the first reservation must be used by the end of their switch day.

If you only have the dining plan for the 2nd half of a split stay, do the dining plan credits for the first day of your stay begin before you check in or not until you check in? Specifically, if I check out of resort #1 early morning (no dining plan from this stay), then go to a park and do not plan on checking into resort #2 (resort stay w/dining plan) officially until after a day in the park, can I use the dining plan from that stay during that day in the park?

If you only have the dining plan for the 2nd half of a split stay, do the dining plan credits for the first day of your stay begin before you check in or not until you check in? Specifically, if I check out of resort #1 early morning (no dining plan from this stay), then go to a park and do not plan on checking into resort #2 (resort stay w/dining plan) officially until after a day in the park, can I use the dining plan from that stay during that day in the park?

I think you have to check in, but you should be able to do online check in. Or maybe just ask at guest services at your first hotel while you're there. They may have a way to get it set up.

How did this work out? I'm in the same situation for my trip in two weeks. I'd rather not check in to the second resort until later but would like to use the dining plan for lunch.

Is this from experience? I've been told that online check in will suffice and also that it is active at 12:01am the day of check in. Looking for an answer from personal experience.
Online check in counts. You have to totally check out of resort one, and either check in online or in person to resort two. There must be a check-in.

I did this in October.

Note that you said you weren't going to check in until later, and mentioned nothing of online check in.

How did this work out? I'm in the same situation for my trip in two weeks. I'd rather not check in to the second resort until later but would like to use the dining plan for lunch.

Sorry, just seeing your message! We ended up not doing the dining plan at all. Instead, I figured what we would need for meals and snacks and just put it on a Disney gift card and paid with that during the trip. That plan worked out GREAT! I spent about $200 less than I would have if I bought the dining plan for the two of us (1 adult, 1 child). There were a number of meals where we just ordered the adult meal and split it, so that saved some money. We also only ate at table service restaurants about 4 times during the trip and no character meals. If you plan on doing character meals, I think the meal plan is worth it, but if not...I think you can save money by not doing it. Only other reason to do it is the convenience of not having to worry about it while you're there. I hope you have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter