Great tips, ty!
Re park hoppers. I’m still on the fence. Since there are restriction re hopping and the size of WDW and the transportation necessary to get from one place to the other. Idk that I can navigate that efficiently being a newbie and all, lol.
Why do you love it? Also, when u tap into your reserved park reservation, do you have to be in that Park to tap in? And do you have to have a reservation for the park you’re hopping to?
Why do I love park hopping? Because even when I think I'm exhausted and I've gone back to the resort, I can easily get the urge to go out again and do more and usually I've done everything I want to do that day in the first park. Now I want to do something different--maybe see the fireworks in MK or have one last ride on FoP at DAK. When I stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge, I invariably go back to DAK in the evening, no matter what park I've been to during the day. It's my favorite park.

I just like having the flexibility. Let's say I went to the park I had reserved, did a couple of things, and couldn't deal with the crowds. If I have a hopper, then after 2 pm, I can go somewhere else.

When you tap into your reserved park, YES--you have to be at that park to tap in. You can't tap into Park X from Park Y. If you have a reservation at Park X, unless you cancel it and rebook another park, you must go to the reserved park and tap in at its entrance before hopping to another park, even if it's already after 2 pm. Even if it's 9 pm. Very annoying, I know.

There's currently no way to modify a park reservation. You have to cancel it and then book another park. Of course you would make sure first that there were reservations available at the other park. There's a thread on this board where it describes the ins and outs of the park reservation system and park hopping. I have to get back to work or I'd find the link for you.

Anyway, some people don't like to hop. I do, and I like the flexibility of knowing that I can. It's possible that the park you want to hop to is at capacity, and there's a number you can call to find out (do I have it? no, sorry), however, I think it's happened only a couple of times since the park reservation system has been in effect, and both times at MK.

No, you do not need a reservation in the hopped-to park. In fact, you can't reserve more than one park a day. The hopped-to park does not need to be and cannot be reserved.

As far as transportation goes, it's pretty straightforward to get from your resort to any of the parks, and although I've stressed the vastness of the place, the longest commute from any resort to the park farthest away is maybe 20 minutes, not counting the wait for the bus/monorail/Skyliner/boat/rideshare/whatever. I've gotten from the supposedly remote Animal Kingdom Lodge to the MK in 15 minutes.

BTW, while I'm here, if you like animals and beautiful architecture, a visit to Animal Kingdom Lodge itself is a fun thing to do. Just to be clear, even though the resort is called Animal Kingdom Lodge, it's not in Animal Kingdom (DAK). It's nearby, but it's not part of the park. And it has its own savannas and animals and several really good restaurants.

I hope I haven't driven you nuts!!!

Hello! So, we are West Coasters, first time DW vacationers. There are 5 of us. 2 adults and kids 14,13 and 8. We don’t know when we would be able to go back so here’s our dilemma.
We want to experience the great resorts as well as the parks but are 3 resorts too many?? We are staying 11 nights and planning 7-8 days in the park. The only thing I have in stone is the poly for the last 3 nights. We need to have a mindful budget yet still want to fit the beach club in. The kids think the pool is insane!
So, how would this look?
Caribbean Beach 6 nights (maybe 5 park days)
Beach club 2 nights (1park day)
Poly 3 nights (1-2 park days)
When are you going? Sounds like an awesome trip you have planned. I think the best way to optimize is first seeing which days you’re going to be in WDW. Could plan around being in the Deluxes for MK and EP night EEHs, along with other things like paid events and/or important ADRs, etc. If you have some dates in mind we can help give examples.

It’s doable but I wouldn’t do two days at BC. It’s not long enough . Also I’d do Yacht Club instead. More updated rooms , no carpet , etc . It’s our favorite! Love first floor by the quiet pool and hot tub 😃 Also have you been to CBR before ? That’s a lot of time if you get a dated room far from everything. We prefer CSR .

Why do I love park hopping? Because even when I think I'm exhausted and I've gone back to the resort, I can easily get the urge to go out again and do more and usually I've done everything I want to do that day in the first park. Now I want to do something different--maybe see the fireworks in MK or have one last ride on FoP at DAK. When I stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge, I invariably go back to DAK in the evening, no matter what park I've been to during the day. It's my favorite park.

I just like having the flexibility. Let's say I went to the park I had reserved, did a couple of things, and couldn't deal with the crowds. If I have a hopper, then after 2 pm, I can go somewhere else.

When you tap into your reserved park, YES--you have to be at that park to tap in. You can't tap into Park X from Park Y. If you have a reservation at Park X, unless you cancel it and rebook another park, you must go to the reserved park and tap in at its entrance before hopping to another park, even if it's already after 2 pm. Even if it's 9 pm. Very annoying, I know.

There's currently no way to modify a park reservation. You have to cancel it and then book another park. Of course you would make sure first that there were reservations available at the other park. There's a thread on this board where it describes the ins and outs of the park reservation system and park hopping. I have to get back to work or I'd find the link for you.

Anyway, some people don't like to hop. I do, and I like the flexibility of knowing that I can. It's possible that the park you want to hop to is at capacity, and there's a number you can call to find out (do I have it? no, sorry), however, I think it's happened only a couple of times since the park reservation system has been in effect, and both times at MK.

No, you do not need a reservation in the hopped-to park. In fact, you can't reserve more than one park a day. The hopped-to park does not need to be and cannot be reserved.

As far as transportation goes, it's pretty straightforward to get from your resort to any of the parks, and although I've stressed the vastness of the place, the longest commute from any resort to the park farthest away is maybe 20 minutes, not counting the wait for the bus/monorail/Skyliner/boat/rideshare/whatever. I've gotten from the supposedly remote Animal Kingdom Lodge to the MK in 15 minutes.

BTW, while I'm here, if you like animals and beautiful architecture, a visit to Animal Kingdom Lodge itself is a fun thing to do. Just to be clear, even though the resort is called Animal Kingdom Lodge, it's not in Animal Kingdom (DAK). It's nearby, but it's not part of the park. And it has its own savannas and animals and several really good restaurants.

I hope I haven't driven you nuts!!!
Not at all! I’ve learned so much! I appreciate all your time and knowledge!
I definitely want to see AKL! The photos look amazing! Maybe I can schedule some dining there or at the least walk around. Maybe a lunch at AKL on a DAK day:) I’m almost as excited to the hotels and restaurants than the parks🫣
I’ll see how well I can plan our trip and decide about hoppers then. I am most definitely taking advantage of the after evening hours for deluxe guests. I figure that may help us get in more of what we want to get done maaaaybe w/o the extra $$$ for a hopper if I can plan it right🤞🏼

It’s doable but I wouldn’t do two days at BC. It’s not long enough . Also I’d do Yacht Club instead. More updated rooms , no carpet , etc . It’s our favorite! Love first floor by the quiet pool and hot tub 😃 Also have you been to CBR before ? That’s a lot of time if you get a dated room far from everything. We prefer CSR .
Ya, I’d be nice to spend more time at BC or YC but idk if it’s in the budget😬
Nope, we’ve never been to CBR or any resort at WDW. This is our first trip. We’re westcoasters so Disneyland has been all we’ve known. And this WDW stuff is intimidating and complicated! Lol. I appreciate all the knowledge shared!

When are you going? Sounds like an awesome trip you have planned. I think the best way to optimize is first seeing which days you’re going to be in WDW. Could plan around being in the Deluxes for MK and EP night EEHs, along with other things like paid events and/or important ADRs, etc. If you have some dates in mind we can help give examples.
Awesome! March 22-April 1 (wed-sat11nights)
March 22 wed. - 27th sat (CBR)
March 27th mon.-March 29th wed. (BC)
March 29th wed.-April 1st sat. (Poly)

We def want to take advantage of the extra evening hours!
Ty so much for all your help!

Are your kids onboard moving three times? Do they take care of their own stuff or is it all work for you? Are you all flexible with how your day goes? If yes - sure, go for it. If no - maybe cut it to two places.
Some folks are great about living out of a bag, have little stuff in the first place, and move around on the fly. Others settle in, spread out all over a room, have a ton of stuff, and get frustrated when a day doesn't go as planned.
Me - for 11 days - MAYBE. But I am one who settles into a room, buys lots of groceries, needs things organized, hates digging through my bag so things end up in drawers, on shelves, etc. So - while I might move once in 11 days - I doubt I'd move three times.

Awesome! March 22-April 1 (wed-sat11nights)
March 22 wed. - 27th mon (CBR)
March 27th mon.-March 29th wed. (BC)
March 29th wed.-April 1st sat. (Poly)

We def want to take advantage of the extra evening hours!
Ty so much for all your help!
[Caribbean Beach 6 nights (maybe 5 park days)
^from post 1]

Ah awesome! I see you already have EEH in mind :)

We do split stays most of the time and feel it’s worth the compromise. Easy access to different parks plus easier to visit other resorts for ADRs and activities. The hard part is packing/unpacking but really not that bad. We either hit a park during that ‘roomless’ window or pack a small bag with swimsuits to swim while waiting for check-in. Laundry access is good at all the resorts, there’s even an APP to see availability. Pool privilege includes both checkin and checkout day so you can still enjoy BC after checking out. What a great time of year- warm enough to swim but not crazy rain season. Hope the weather is gorgeous! It should be.

You already have a well thought plan - alot of park days in at CBR and then leaving more resort time to enjoy BC/Poly. The Poly resort launch boat to MK is lovely and should be running even late on EEH night. You’ll probably get a chance to see the Electric Water Pageant while at Poly too. There’s plenty of good food options nearby Poly/BC, plus RIV being next to CBR.

AKL Is definitely worth checking out if you have the time. The kids would love Sanaa! We like to get an early dinner res and let them know we don’t mind waiting for a window table. There’s so many wonderful things to do at WDW. Looks like you’ve got many covered already for your 1st trip. We still haven’t made our way over to check out Wilderness Lodge yet, lol. After a dozen trips. Next time haha :goodvibes

I have found the only issues with 3 resorts are : dinning plan…. And the actual exchange between resorts.

The dinning plan is simple since it is not available right now

The othe is being homeless for three days….

My family and I usually go back to the room in the middle of the day so it takes planning.

Not a big issue to have pool days:

I have done them.

They are not my favorite but doable

We’ll be doing three resorts on a five night stay (lolololol) since had to cancel post-holiday and turn into pre-holiday trip.

Yeah we COULD do SSR which I like just fine, but snagged middle three days at GF and I’m gonna have a really difficult time not checking it out even if waitlist doesn’t come through on first/last days.

So to answer your question, I’d say three resorts in 11 days would be fine hahah.

Hello! So, we are West Coasters, first time DW vacationers. There are 5 of us. 2 adults and kids 14,13 and 8. We don’t know when we would be able to go back so here’s our dilemma.
We want to experience the great resorts as well as the parks but are 3 resorts too many?? We are staying 11 nights and planning 7-8 days in the park. The only thing I have in stone is the poly for the last 3 nights. We need to have a mindful budget yet still want to fit the beach club in. The kids think the pool is insane!
So, how would this look?
Caribbean Beach 6 nights (maybe 5 park days)

We always do at least a 3-way split and it’s the planning for your move day that will make a big difference for you. On move days, we sleep in, check out, go and have a late breakfast/early lunch - Boma and Grand Floridian Cafe being favorites. After that, we had to the parks for the afternoon through early evening. Then head to the new hotel when we’re done. That works well for us, of course, YMMV.

One thought - if you do not get the park hoppers, you are close to the cost of adding a night to Beach Club rather than 5 nights at Caribbean Beach. Have a fabulous trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter