Splash, Big Thunder, and Pirates all DOWN this morning!!!

Had to have a sense of humor, when we drifted backwards into the cannons bombarding into the water, they didn't turn them off so we were getting pelted by the splashing water. At least I had my raincoat on but the others werent so lucky. And the CM said that water is nasty he didn't want anyone touching it.

Yeah, DH said we'd probably have to give up an arm or leg to get a better fast pass.
:lmao:

I'd be pushing for Disney to get some therapy if I got stuck on IASW. :)

:scared1::rotfl2::rotfl:. Major therapy (will retail do)?:rolleyes1:laughing:

We were stuck on Pirates last night during EMH and were the last people off; our boat was hauled in by a CM who got into waterproof boots and pants at the buy a bride scene; our boat had drifted backwards into the fort area and we were bombarded continuously by water cannon explosions. We were stuck for half an hour before the work lights came on and the audio turned off. For our troubles we got a one attraction fast pass that expires June 15. At first I thought it was an unlimited fast pass and was jumping up and down till DH pointed it out to me it was a 1 attraction only FP. :sad1:

But we did exit out and got a view of the back building of Pirates. I bet they hadn't reopened it till noon today. We did go back to MK today to use the fast pass; and BTMRR and Splash was up by 3:30 when we park hopped in.
Hey we would have been 2 rooms in front of you. We were saying aleast we aren't in the cannon room. It was kinda fun to see the back stage. Our running joke is the pumps are down when we see rides are down.

Just returned on Saturday and I felt like the ride closures were a bit extreme as well. I'm at least thankful that we did get to ride Splash and BTMRR earlier in the week, but both of them and Pirates were down for Fri. EMH. The CM said it had been down all day. It was disappointing because we met my sister and nieces there after months of planning. The kids were all excited to ride those rides in particular with their cousins and obviously weren't able to. To have most of the main attractions down during EMH is a bummer! I know someone will start flaming all of us who show disappointment, but honestly, I'm not acting entitled. Things happen, but you have to wonder what is going on with so many ride closures as of late.

I'd be pushing for Disney to get some therapy if I got stuck on IASW. :)

Oh Good Lord...been there (back in '09), for about 25 minutes in the final room with all the singing, they never shut it off and we couldn't leave until the ride was up again. I'm bringing ear plugs this trip lol. My BFF has never been so she has to experience it at least once, and I will too...in silence! :lmao:

we were stuck on potc too Friday night... stuck up before the drop and I think we sat there about 40 mins (we started watching the time about 5-10 mins and it was about 30 mins later we were ride evac'd). we also received the free fast pass but I didn't expect more... Even after being "forced" to listen to "dead men tell no tales" probably 100 times! I was kind of excited as I have always wanted to be ride evac'd off a Disney ride.

jennifer

Both were down the afternoon of Wed., May 30, then Big Thunder was down again on Friday 1st around 5:00. Finally opened back up and was clogged up with fp returns.

That stinks. They should never be down.
I would have went to guest relations and complained. They need to understand that we pay a lot for their tickets and expect their major rides to be opened.

The prices are so high that services and attractions should be opened.

We are at WDW now (for the past 9 days) and experienced now down rides. We have been in the parks for 10-12 hours each day, MK today, and experienced no down rides. We must have gotten lucky!

Just got back today and we experienced this as well. Spent Sunday June 2nd in the morning at Epcot and Spaceship Earth broke down and after listening to the recording telling us to stay seated, the lights came on and it took them 20 minutes to get us off and walk down A LOT of stairs!
Then that afternoon he hopped over to Magic Kingdom and rode Big Thunder and it broke down before the last turn and we had to be evacuated off that! Got to see the underside of the mountain at least which was pretty cool and got the fastpass others referred to.

WHAT A DAY!!!!!! :(

That stinks. They should never be down.
I would have went to guest relations and complained. They need to understand that we pay a lot for their tickets and expect their major rides to be opened.

The prices are so high that services and attractions should be opened.

Unfortunately attractions go down. This happens in all theme parks (including Disney). You just have to roll with the punches

Talk about a plan wrecker!! This morning (June 2) these three popular attractions were down in the MK. It forced us to think on our feet and visit a few things that I wouldn't have considered normally in the first two hours the park was open. BTMR opened around 1045 and the other two by noon, so it ended well. Hitting rope drop didn't pay off this morning, though.

Wow, that sucks, but things happen, so roll with the punches. When life give you closed rides, see a show.

In January, we got stuck on Carosel of Progress....the last scene over and over. It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!

And when we were on the teacups, we heard a loud sound and the ride would stop and they got us all off. I wondered if a breaker was tripping. Or maybe they are just giving much shorter rides now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter