Splash, Big Thunder, and Pirates all DOWN this morning!!!

finnster77

Mouseketeer
Talk about a plan wrecker!! This morning (June 2) these three popular attractions were down in the MK. It forced us to think on our feet and visit a few things that I wouldn't have considered normally in the first two hours the park was open. BTMR opened around 1045 and the other two by noon, so it ended well. Hitting rope drop didn't pay off this morning, though.

That stinks! When we were at MK on 5/31, Splash was closed in the morning for some reason... Odd! But at least you got to ride them in the end. Well, I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip! :goodvibes

That's too bad :(. When we were there last year, all three mountains were down at the same time (unexpectedly - it was chaos). Definitely a bummer, but they had them up and running within a few hours.

One morning last week (after big thunder had opened) BTMRR, Splash, and Jungle Cruise were down. Splash was down several times during our trip.

Same thing happened on the first. Both BTMRR and Splash spent a lot of time down. In fact, I also saw Country Bears, Magic Carpets, Jungle Cruise, Barnstormer, and Haunted Mansion down at times throughout the day too. I know at Haunted Mansion it was a computer problem of some sort because it kept kicking out about every 3-5 minutes the second time we rode and they kept resetting it and pressing through over and over. WE got almost a scene by scene stop-through of that ride.

We were stuck on Pirates last night during EMH and were the last people off; our boat was hauled in by a CM who got into waterproof boots and pants at the buy a bride scene; our boat had drifted backwards into the fort area and we were bombarded continuously by water cannon explosions. We were stuck for half an hour before the work lights came on and the audio turned off. For our troubles we got a one attraction fast pass that expires June 15. At first I thought it was an unlimited fast pass and was jumping up and down till DH pointed it out to me it was a 1 attraction only FP. :sad1:

But we did exit out and got a view of the back building of Pirates. I bet they hadn't reopened it till noon today. We did go back to MK today to use the fast pass; and BTMRR and Splash was up by 3:30 when we park hopped in.

We went this morning also. We headed straight for Big Thunder and was very disappointed. We ended up leaving without even riding any of these three rides. We are going to try visiting again on Wed. I hope everything is up and running.

There is nothing more annoying than rushing off to a ride at rope drop only to find it unexpectedly broken.

We did this a few years ago with Space Mountain. Did rope drop, speedwalked over to Tomorrowland, and SM was down! So then we had to trek all the way over to Frontierland and of course by then there were already lines forming at Splash and Big Thunder.

I wish they would have a big sign on Main Street or by the gates telling you if something isn't opening on time so that people could change their plans a bit easier! (The wait time sign on Main Street did not report the closure)

We have been here since last Saturday and have seen tons of rides closed, too. We're going to the MK tomorrow for our last full day and I'm not even looking forward to it. I have a horrible fear of getting stick on rides due to some claustrophobic problems. I have been stuck on Splash and on the monorail on previous trips and had to try to pull my insane self together. I just hope the odds are on my favor that I won't get stuck, but since everything keeps breaking down, I'm afraid my chances have worsened. Why can't Disney keep their rides from breaking down so frequently??????

We were stuck for half an hour before the work lights came on and the audio turned off. For our troubles we got a one attraction fast pass that expires June 15. At first I thought it was an unlimited fast pass and was jumping up and down till DH pointed it out to me it was a 1 attraction only FP. :sad1:

I hate people's sense of entitlement but I think being stuck in a ride for a half hour deserves MORE then one fast pass!

Yep, I believe it...we've been stuck on both the haunted mansion and splash this past week for extended periods...and space went down while we were in line, too.

I hate people's sense of entitlement but I think being stuck in a ride for a half hour deserves MORE then one fast pass!

I know I wanted more than a fast pass after sitting through Ellen's Energy Adventure :).

[ This is a joke, I did actually enjoy Ellen's Energy Adventure :p ]

Just got back from our trip on Friday, and this does not surprise me at all. We spent Wednesday and Thursday in the MK. BTMRR was up and running on Wednesday at rope drop. However, Splash was down for the first 90 minutes of the day. On Wednesday, BTMRR, Splash, and Space were all down at one point that day. The following day, both BTMRR and SPlash were down at opening. BTMRR was issuing FP, but Splash was not. I had to leave by lunchtime to meet my DH at TL. The boys and I finished everything we wanted to finish by about 10, so we stood and waited by Splash until we had to leave. My DS5 had never ridden it, and this was the one thing he wanted to do. When we left to use our BTMRR FP at 11, the CM I had been talking with gave me a Splash rider swap to allow the boys and I to use at any point that day. It had opened by the time we got off of BTMRR, and we ended up getting to ride before we left.

BTW, my DS5 loved it!

Was there on Thursday (our last day) and both BTMR and Splash were both down until around noon. Earlier in the week during evening EMH Splash was broken down and people were stranded for a good 20 minutes. I wonder what's going on?

Had to have a sense of humor, when we drifted backwards into the cannons bombarding into the water, they didn't turn them off so we were getting pelted by the splashing water. At least I had my raincoat on but the others werent so lucky. And the CM said that water is nasty he didn't want anyone touching it.

Yeah, DH said we'd probably have to give up an arm or leg to get a better fast pass.

I know I wanted more than a fast pass after sitting through Ellen's Energy Adventure :).

[ This is a joke, I did actually enjoy Ellen's Energy Adventure :p ]

I'd be pushing for Disney to get some therapy if I got stuck on IASW. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter