• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show Questions

DisDisDisney

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone,

I want to make reservations for this dinner show for my boyfriends 30th birthday. I read in the description If I call they can make this announcement at the show? Has anyone ever done this? Is it free? Also, how much would a celebration cake be? How big is it? Do they give you choices?

Are there any mini cakes for 2 people?

Last edited:
We had two birthday in our group, no one asked or said about it. No announcement, I don't recall them announcing any birthdays or anniversaries. My friend was wearing her birthday button and birthday hat too.

Birthday cakes can vary greatly in price, sizes, themes; they do make mini-cakes, you'll need to check out the cake threads, there is a cake hotline you can call and ask all kinds of questions about everything you need.

But, I'm not sure if an AYCE Family Style Dinner Show is ideal for the having cake, the servers are running their butts off bringing food to and from for all their tables - meanwhile there is a Dinner Show going on... you guys would be eating and watching the show, everyone else is eating and watching the show. Once the show is over, that's pretty much it, you can't really linger, the vibe is like "kitchen closed, thanks, get out".

Maybe you should plan a regular table service meal for lunch that day (in addition to your SOA dinner) for having cake, seems a lot less problematic.

Just an FYI, you can actually pick up a birthday cake at the Boardwalk Bakery if you wanted to get one as a surprise for him.
march22download-434.jpg

march22download-435.jpg

And you can get specialty cupcakes at any of the resort bakeries, just add candle(s).

By far the nicest group of cast members that we've ever had are the Trail's End staff, when someone has a birthday they bring out something (usually a strawberry shortcake) and sing. Most of the other places are hit or miss, we've celebrated a lot of birthdays at Disney and we've only been brought mini cupcakes once, and that was at Kona Cafe.

I read in the description If I call they can make this announcement at the show? Has anyone ever done this?

1) They do not announce individuals or individual accomplishments.
2) They ask for birthdays and anniversaries and say a "Congrats to All".
3) Same at Chef Mickey's, CP, HDDR.
4) There are too many people celebrating "something" on any given day (or claim they are) to allow individual acknowledgements.
5) Yes, lots of people do claim to be celebrating something when such is not the case.

Just an FYI, you can actually pick up a birthday cake at the Boardwalk Bakery if you wanted to get one as a surprise for him.
march22download-434.jpg

march22download-435.jpg

And you can get specialty cupcakes at any of the resort bakeries, just add candle(s).

By far the nicest group of cast members that we've ever had are the Trail's End staff, when someone has a birthday they bring out something (usually a strawberry shortcake) and sing. Most of the other places are hit or miss, we've celebrated a lot of birthdays at Disney and we've only been brought mini cupcakes once, and that was at Kona Cafe.

Thank you so much for the information. This is what I am going to do! Everything looks so good I will get them from the boardwalk!

1) They do not announce individuals or individual accomplishments.
2) They ask for birthdays and anniversaries and say a "Congrats to All".
3) Same at Chef Mickey's, CP, HDDR.
4) There are too many people celebrating "something" on any given day (or claim they are) to allow individual acknowledgements.
5) Yes, lots of people do claim to be celebrating something when such is not the case.

Thank you, Makes sense about what you said about everyone is celebrating something. :ssst:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter