Spin-off Parking fees... switching hotels

With all due respect you and I are of two different mind sets about what is happening with the Disney Experience. In my opinion and experience Disney used to be worth the price that was asked to be paid. I now see and experience a company that is turning away from it's core values and is exclusively focused on making as much money as possible while offering less and less in return.

The only way to change this is to vote with your wallet and communicate why one is disenchanted. You may not like the message, but I'll bet that you can see my point. You don't have to agree with me but I know that when you go you are also experiencing the same problems. You just have a higher tolerance for accepting them. I do not. One opinion about the experience is not more valid or correct that another one. We shall agree to disagree.

~NM
Well said. All that WDW would have had to do was to give a reason why they started charging fees, instead of saying, "industry standard." Or to line our Management's pockets. As is stands, the parking fees are not meant for any facilities improvement.

If we ever go back, we are staying off property.

24945278-0ED8-495E-8575-F11C7F4D18A8.jpeg E2FD4733-CF0F-4958-9B30-5356FB710AA9.jpeg BBA0CCCF-8211-4F71-A4B6-5F163C720AFB.jpeg 2A54DF7A-FA50-4E41-A6D3-1BB2FEDB9243.jpeg E2FD4733-CF0F-4958-9B30-5356FB710AA9.jpeg E2FD4733-CF0F-4958-9B30-5356FB710AA9.jpeg BBA0CCCF-8211-4F71-A4B6-5F163C720AFB.jpeg 2A54DF7A-FA50-4E41-A6D3-1BB2FEDB9243.jpeg For example I stayed in two different suites in Manchester England, these were 120-130.00 a night ( American currency) with private pool and spa access.. within walking distance to everything including amazing art galleries.. landmarks and the Manchester arena .. afternoon tea in restaurant for 20.00 which was amazing and free full breakfast. Sorry these posted double lol

Haha what? HaHa people have a different opinion than you? :rotfl:

I'm sure no one here is going to really compare a Disney resort to Hotel Du Cap and say it's better.
I'm not naive, of course I know there are nicer hotels out in the world, been to a few myself- but that's neither here nor there.

This is just superficial, surface level, fun discussion on what we like or dislike about theming (or lack of) at Disney.
Nothing serious about it.

Apparently in your rush to bully you missed the point on how if they want to keep increasing costs at least TRY to make the resorts better instead of letting them go .. if I’m going to spend tons on money on vacation I would like to at least feel I’m getting what I pay for ..

Apparently in your rush to bully you missed the point on how if they want to keep increasing costs at least TRY to make the resorts better instead of letting them go .. if I’m going to spend tons on money on vacation I would like to at least feel I’m getting what I pay for ..

Okay then, goodnight! :)

Disney is getting up to 180.00 a night for a ALL STARS value resort .. with dirty rooms and hard beds .. and now you can’t take a afternoon nap without being disturbed AND they want parking fees ? I use to be a huge advocate of staying onsite but they have just dropped the ball .. Disney bubble or not that is insane .. those are hardly any better then a holiday inn in Kissimmee.. I am all for the Disney bubble but come on .. when is enough enough ?
I can care less how people want to spend their money on vacation but my money won’t go onsite now , if there are “ 10 people ready to take my place “then have at it . Don’t care .

They don't segregate or discriminate against members of the armed forces. They have a resort called, Shades of Green, which gives nice pricing for the men & women who have served this country.
Thank You. Have one son who is former military (Army), and one who is in Japan (Navy). I have my complaints about what Disney is doing, but this will never be one. Those men and women who have served deserve this perk.

God Bless them all.

And what you stated is exactly the rub that my wife and I have. We have many fond memories of staying on property. We loved the cabins, and we fell in love with CBR. The cost kept going up and we justified it because of the Disney bubble. But around 2015, the cost came at a loss of expectations. My mom turned 80 and wanted to go back to WDW, so we took her in 2016. I can't explain it, but the "wow" factor was gone. We had ADR's and DDP, but for what we paid for, the value was poor. And we don't expect 5* dining at WDW, but some meals that were one DDP, had miraculously become a 2 DDP...for what, I do not know.

And again, I do not fault anyone for saying that the Disney bubble is the value to them. I just fail to see the value anymore, especially with the photos that many have posted from other areas that they have traveled...many at the same price as a WDW moderate cost, but with many more amenities.

Last edited:
And what you stated is exactly the rub that my wife and I have. We have many fond memories of staying on property. We loved the cabins, and we fell in love with CBR. The cost kept going up and we justified it because of the Disney bubble. But around 2015, the cost came at a loss of expectations. My mom turned 80 and wanted to go back to WDW, so we took her in 2016. I can't explain it, but the "wow" factor was gone. We had ADR's and DDP, but for what we paid for, the value was poor. And we don't expect 5* dining at WDW, but some meals that we one DDP, had miraculously become a 2 DDP...for what, I do not know.

And again, I do not fault anyone for saying that the Disney bubble is the value to them. I just fail to see the value anymore, especially with the photos that many have posted from other areas that they have traveled...many at the same price as a WDW moderate cost, but with many more amenities.

Yes .. EXACTLY my point .. at some point a few years ago it definitely became less of a value and just not the best deal . I do have to give Disney credit though because it forced me into travel elsewhere which I enjoyed immensely.

Disney is getting up to 180.00 a night for a ALL STARS value resort .. with dirty rooms and hard beds

I have many many stays at 3 different value resorts, and have never had a dirty room or hard bed. And I hate hard beds! I like to burrow.

Not saying you are lying, but just that my experiences have been different than yours.

Funny, but when I look at the pic with the kids sitting on the green bedspread my first thought is Get them off of that germ ridden thing!

Funny, but when I look at the pic with the kids sitting on the green bedspread my first thought is Get them off of that germ ridden thing!
I assume sitting down on the bed period exposes me to germs.

I also survived before going to places with runners or bedspreads though I can understand the preference for not sitting on a bed with a runner or a comfortable.

But I don't really know they cleaned this:
upload_2018-3-31_19-5-14.png

Other than if there are visible stains.

Royal Pacific actually looks like this now:
3351-6b044b7e06a8637a33b6be487299b6e4.jpg

We are staying offsite for the first time in June, but it was not because of the parking fee. It is because the resort prices are ridiculous for what you get. We are a family of 4 with 2 teenage boys. They won't share a bed. We have done the air mattress and crammed into a moderate for the last few trips, but that is getting old. We also plan to eat breakfast and some lunches or dinners in the condo, depending on our schedule. We won't make a special trip back just to eat, but we will eat there before we go back to a park instead of eating in the park. We booked a 3-bedroom 2 bath condo at Windsor Hills for 9 nights in June, $950 all in. We can't afford to fly down, and we much prefer to drive anyway.

This is our 11th trip, and until now, I was convinced that I would rather stay home than stay offsite. Now I'm glad we did.

Hi, I agree with what you are saying. We are considering staying offsite next time, a big big change for us!
We have been considering Windsor Hills condo's. Would you give a post stay review of Windsor Hills for us? I would love to know how it went with the driving, condo, and going to the parks while offsite.
I know a lot of others would like to hear about this too.
Thank you:)

We stayed off site once. Never again. It was at one of the "Disney Springs Hotels". We thought it had a musty smell the entire time, but after coming back to the room after a rainy day to find water running down the wall and the carpet all wet we knew why. We called the front desk and they came up with towels and a fan. Hhmm, they didn't seem at all surprised. We also had a clogged toilet (teenage boys!) for about 6 hours (and several angry visits to the front desk) and had to use the lobby bathrooms before anyone came and fixed it. Finally, the continental breakfast was a nightmare. They only seemed to have a couple of people working it each morning. The lines were out to the lobby because they weren't clearing tables or seating people. The worst part of all of this was that when we checked out and they asked us how our stay was, we told them. There was no "I'm sorry", just a "oh". And by the way, we paid $20 a night to park. I'll never stay off site again.

We stayed at the B resort in Disney Springs and had issues (room AC was so loud in one room we couldn't sleep and broken in the other, musty smell to the room). When we complained to the manager, he said he would refund our entire cost for the two day stay (resort fee, parking, everything). If we chose to stay in this hotel again, we would ask for a refurbished room in a different part of the building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter