Spin off: Have you ever told a stranger something to "help them out"?

Normally, I hate to talk to people I don't know, but I will warn ladies if a toilet is out of paper or clogged or something. Last week, I asked a guy standing in the hallway if he needed in the conference room (I know the code). Turns out he was was waiting for someone to arrive at the office across the hall. It was first thing in the morning and whoever he was meeting had not arrived, yet.

For sure! Little fixable things, or to warn them away from a bad bathroom stall, etc.

One time in high school some girls were laughing behind me and I didn't know why. Another girl I didn't know tapped on my shoulder and told me that my pants had split! I quickly tied my jacket around my waist. I'll never forget that and how grateful I was. It's been nearly 20 years and I still try to pay it forward any chance I get.

I went to the bank full-service drive-through line recently. The line next to me was ATM only, and an older gentleman pulled into it as I was completing my transaction. I vaguely noticed he was talking loudly despite being in the car alone. I then realized he was yelling “Hello!” and “This thing isn’t working!” as he mashed buttons on the ATM. He thought he was in a full-service line and was trying to reach a teller. When I was done, I pulled ahead then walked back to gently inform him that he needed to move over to another line to get service. He thanked me and pulled around.

I was happy I helped him out, but a little scared he’s out there driving on the roads.

I wouldn't tell a strange man his zipper was down - I don't want him thinking I was looking there.
Tag out - isn't really embarrassing? My kids do it on purpose with some shirts because the tag bothers them. Eventually I cut the tags off.
If I am talking to someone and they have food on their teeth/face I would say something.
If someone's skirt is tucked in where it should not be, yes I have said something to total strangers.

Generally not. You tend to come across as a know-it-all or busybody if you offer unsolicited advice to a random person in public you don't know. If they ASK for help/assistance is different to me then assuming you understand the situation well enough to offer input.

Yup. Recently, I let a girl know she was going to drive away with her trunk open.

I don’t love talking to strangers, but if I see that there is an issue that 99.9% of people would want to be alerted to, I try to let them know.

Absolutely!
A few weeks ago an elderly couple was struggling with a shopping cart being stuck and I just gently held up my hand for them to stop struggling, smiled gently & lifted the swinging part which had gotten wedged, releasing the cart. The couple was so appreciative.

I also try to give a genuine compliments to all women I happen to chat with in a store, like that I like the color of their hair or the color of their top, that they have cool shoes or an interesting purse. It's always true and meant to just improve the mood for a smidge, seems so many people out there are jerks to women I'm just trying to balance it out :)

I also try to give a genuine compliments to all women I happen to chat with in a store, like that I like the color of their hair or the color of their top, that they have cool shoes or an interesting purse. It's always true and meant to just improve the mood for a smidge, seems so many people out there are jerks to women I'm just trying to balance it out :)
I do too, just the other day I made it a point to compliment a cashier when the person in line in front of me was kind of rude to her, hoping it would make her day a little better.

When my kids were little, I was in a store looking at clothes. My 2 kids were in the shopping cart (standing in the big part). A nice woman whispered to me "did you know you have stickers all over your back?" I had on a winter coat and couldn't feel my kids placing stickers all over my back. It was a lot, lol. We all got a good laugh.

A coworker came out of a restroom, at work, with the back of her skirt tucked into her underwear and her backside totally exposed. My desk was where I could see people as they came out of the restroom. I literally ran from my desk to stop her. I stood in back of her while she fixed things.

I did tell my brother, once, that his barndoor was open.

For sure, all the time. I tend to have a 'helpful' nature anyway and then I'm from the south where we aren't hesitant to talk to strangers. So I'm always quick to step in and help someone out when the opportunity arises.

Of course! I have told men and women their fly is open, if they have a bat in the cave, or if they have something in between their teeth.

And on the flip side I have had both men and women tell me as well on all of those things. It's embarrassing at the moment, but better than walking around all day with it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter