Speculation: What's going on at Disney's Hollywood Studios?

Starbucks. They need more room for Starbucks.

And maybe a few more merchandise stores. I hear one of them might even be a candy store.

Oh, and a big empty hall where you can close your eyes and imagine whatever you want. Provided you've reserved a Tier 1 FP for it, of course.

Should all be finished around 2020 or so..........

I think they could expand Pixar Place by using the now-closed backlot area for Carsland.

They could expand the area near Star Tours (claim some backstage space and perhaps replace the Indy stadium if there's no other real estate available) for Star Wars Land. And convert Backlot Express CS restaurant into Star Wars Cantina!

At least during our trip 2 weeks ago HS was not walled up but that sounds pretty short lived. Glad we missed it but unfortunately we had to look at plenty of walls at DTD, AK and MK. We wanted new attractions, but they need to plan better than this - throw money at it already and get one or two attractions done and then move on to another!!

The problem with Disney is that anything they do takes years to get done. So you have to really wonder when all of these announced (and speculated changes) will actually be ready and when the walls will come down?

I suppose anyone visiting in the next few years will get the short end of the stick. For us Disney will need to really put something out there with a true wow factor before we would plan to return...if even then. Just don't have much faith these days with the changes we have seen and after all the hype about the addition to Fantasyland, we sure did find it to be underwhelming.

Starbucks. They need more room for Starbucks.

And maybe a few more merchandise stores. I hear one of them might even be a candy store.

Oh, and a big empty hall where you can close your eyes and imagine whatever you want. Provided you've reserved a Tier 1 FP for it, of course.

Should all be finished around 2020 or so..........

I think this is funny but I agree, and isn't it really sad that this has so much truth in it?

My opinion on what is going to happen:

Name changes to Disney's Hollywood Adventure (counterpart to Disney's California Adventure in Disneyland).

• Pixar Land on the right. I have a gut feeling that it won't be Cars Land like DCA has.
  • Star Wars Land on the left.
  • Old Hollywood streets stay the same (like in California Adventure).
  • Some other rides stay (Tower of Terror, RnR, Muppets, etc).

Basically a re-themeing of the park. It's NOT a studio anymore, and the park is changing to reflect that.

Ethan

what ever maximizes attendance is what will be. Not everyone will be thrilled with star wars land but throw in elements of Pixar and Cars and that will attract a broader audience

My opinion on what is going to happen:

Name changes to Disney's Hollywood Adventure (counterpart to Disney's California Adventure in Disneyland).

• Pixar Land on the right. I have a gut feeling that it won't be Cars Land like DCA has.
  • Star Wars Land on the left.
  • Old Hollywood streets stay the same (like in California Adventure).
  • Some other rides stay (Tower of Terror, RnR, Muppets, etc).

Basically a re-themeing of the park. It's NOT a studio anymore, and the park is changing to reflect that.

Ethan

This is pretty much exactly what I'm hoping for. Cars Land looks cool, but I'd rather have more diversification between the parks, which will make DLR that much better when I make it out there. As for Star Wars, I'm not much of a fan, I've only seen the very first original movie, but I think a Land based around it would be great and help provide more to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter