Spectromagic ?

jaiwin

Mouseketeer
IS there any clue as to when the Spectromagic parade will be back at Mk?

Just booked our next trip... Im floating on air right now.. :banana:
Cant wait!:yay:

I hope Spectromagic is back by next October, I saw MSEP in November and was less than impressed with it! :sad2:

Please Disney, bring Spectromagic back! :thumbsup2

I hope Spectromagic is back by next October, I saw MSEP in November and was less than impressed with it! :sad2:

That is what I was hoping for my may trip. I perfer Spectromagic over MSEP

Agreed. I saw MSEP in December and thought it was just OK. I much much much prefer Spectro....doesn't look like it will be back by our May trip, but hopefully by October.

Everytime I see a thread asking about the return of Spectro, I think I start to cry, at least on the inside.

MSEP is not what it used to be, from back in my childhood. I rushed back in June to see it. They changed the music. It's all "techno" now (to my ears). Some call it updated. I call it lame.

I too, am anxiously awaiting the return of Spectro....but honestly, from what I've read on other boards, none of us should be holding our breaths....:sad1:

Agree with PP's!!
We're heartbroken Spectromagic won't be playing in April. We've been watching the MSEP on youtube (to get our son used to the fact that Spectro won't be playing and this parade will), and although it's very nice....it just doesn't tug at our heart strings like Spectro does.:sad2:

I know that the MSEP brings back many memories for lots of people, so I can understand why so many are thrilled to see it again. Same goes for those of us who only know Spectromagic (we saw it for the first on our Honeymoon back in '92). It's a tradition for us (just like MSEP used to be their tradition).

If only we could alternate evenings!:rotfl: Then everyone would be happy!
!;)

I miss Spectro. :sad1: It's the parade I grew up with so it's near and dear to my heart. MSEP is ok, and kind of retro, but Spectro evokes more emotions for me.

I've had Baroque Hoedown stuck in my head all day due to hearing it over the holidays too much!

I agree with all the previous posts ~ I miss SpectroMagic :sad: Nothing can compare to the SpectroMagic Parade and especially the awesome music :yay: Please bring it back soon pixiedust:

and I am wondering if the inactivity means that Disney has shelved Spectromagic forever.

Does anyone know if there is a planned date to bring it back?

TIA for any responses.

We have a trip booked for late Jan....and I was just looking at the hours againd on the WDW website and neither parade is listed any day for the entire week we are there:confused3 Wonder if they are going to update that as we get closer!

What was the reason for dropping Spectro, anyhow?

They've brought MSEP in as a special showing several times over the years. this time they had to shelve it as California Adventure to finish construction and figure out crowd patterns for World of Color there. It's been anticipated that once they worked the kinks out of crowd control at World of Color MSEP would go back to the West Coast. Where that thought stands now, I don't know, though.

Personally, I'm torn. MSEP will always be my first nighttime parade and I love it! That said I love Spectro too. Though I will admit that I miss the original masked characters from Spectro. They cracked me up!

I'm going to come right out and say it.

I hope they never bring Spectro back. I prefer MSEP.

There, it's out there, and there is nothign anyone can do about it.

I am SO HOPING for Spectromagic to return Summer 2012. We are taking my niece and I would love to see that magical parade through the eyes of a child again!!! (And my own eyes, for that matter)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter