• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Special trip- Itinerary Advice Please

eagle0112

Earning My Ears
Planning a special trip for 25th anniversary, just me and DH. Both 1st timers. I've been researching and planning for almost 18months and am getting close to my ADR mark. Any and all comments, suggestions ect would be greatly appriciated.

We are driving in from NY and expect to arrive late on 11-5 and check in at the ASM for the night. Get all the map and time guides to check over.
If time head over to DTD to look around and maybe catch a bite at the Earl of Sandwich. Early evening.

Move from ASM to Poly for the start of our Land/Sea package.
Check in early and hop the mono-rail to Epcot. Maybe get a FS for test track but we are planning another morning for FW and want to get to WS when it opens. Do the rides in Norway and Mexico and then work our way counter clockwise around. Since this is during the F&W Festival we will be snacking all afternoon on various samples and see all the shows.
Head back to POLY between 4 and 5pm to settle into our room.
Dinner at KONA cafe and Wishes and water pagent from the beach.
Late dessert at Ohanas.

Day 3- Thinking of DTD and Disneyquest in am. DH loves games and not crowds so hopefully it will not be crowded. Break around 1pm or 2pm for a little pool time. Head to MGM for the late afternoon and evening.
Dinner is the Fastamic package at the H&V.

Day4- Early to MK (not sure if monorail of boat) want to be there when it opens. Will follow day one of 2day itinerary. Late lunch at Tony"s maybe 1:30 or 2pm and boat back to POLY. After the break head over to Epcot ,
FW should be less crowded and we will do some of the rides and such.
No dinner plans since the F&W festival should leave us plenty of options.
See Illuninations.

Day 5- Drive to AK arrive opening touring it until 2pm. Lunch at Pepper
Market at CS. Break, pool for DH and packing and laundry for me.
Want to see the Torch Lighting Ceremony. Dinner is the LUAU at 8pm.

Days 6,7 and 8 will be cruising on the Disney Wonder.

End Part One. :love2:

I *think* DisneyQuest opens at 11:00 a.m. Check the scheduled hours to be sure. Most people who enjoy it consider it a good half-day to full-day experience! :)

Just to let you know, the Poly monorail doesn't go to EPCOT. You can take it to the TTC, where you get off and get onto the EPCOT monorail, but it's really faster to just walk the short distance to the TTC from the Poly. The trip from Poly to the TTC is approx 35 mins, as the monorail's going in the wrong direction.

I've always found Poly to MK on the monorail, MK to Poly on the boats the best. The monorail is always fairly empty on the first or second run to MK and the boats back are always romantic.

Thank you for the tip. I did not know it took 35 minutes to go from the Poly to the TTC. I will try walking to the TTC to get to Epcot. The boat does sound romantic but is it very crowded at night?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter