• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Special mom and daughter activity

Randy Miller

Mouseketeer
We will be at the World in July...looking for something "special", maybe even a little extravagant, to do with 14 year old DD. A little background: we are foster parents, and this particular daughter, is my right hand girl. She helps me out SO much with the fosters we currently have ( 3 yr old, 8 month old, and 2 month old) and doesn't complain at all! She's at every doctor appointment, up in the morning helping me juggle the babies, really just a great kid that I would like to do something special for! Our family totals 9, with 3 bios, 1, adopted, and three fosters, plus hubby and I. We will be there celebrating oldest daughters graduation ( fosters and 2 sons not coming) so, long story, I am just hoping you all can suggest something "special" I can whisk her away for while we are there to let her know how very much I appreciate her! Thank you for your help!!

My mom and I really enjoyed our time together at the spa at the Grand Floridian. Just a really nice, relaxing, pampering manicure. Not sure what the minimum age is, though, so check that out....but it could be a nice treat!

My mom and I really enjoyed our time together at the spa at the Grand Floridian. Just a really nice, relaxing, pampering manicure. Not sure what the minimum age is, though, so check that out....but it could be a nice treat!
I REALLY like this idea!! Thanks!!

Have you thought of doing a spa day with her? That's something I've always wanted to do with my daughters if we ever went long enough to have that much free time. I know the one at Grand Floridian is supposed to be super nice. Maybe a facial, nails and massage, or having a hair treatment?

Or, maybe pick a special restaurant, like Artist Point that you can dress up for and have a "fancy" meal. Good luck and have an awesome trip. Sounds like you have a really special family :)

Have you thought of doing a spa day with her? That's something I've always wanted to do with my daughters if we ever went long enough to have that much free time. I know the one at Grand Floridian is supposed to be super nice. Maybe a facial, nails and massage, or having a hair treatment?

Or, maybe pick a special restaurant, like Artist Point that you can dress up for and have a "fancy" meal. Good luck and have an awesome trip. Sounds like you have a really special family :)
I am now totally considering a spa day! Maybe good for BOTH of us! Haha!! I really like the idea of a "special, fancy" dinner, cause she would really live and appreciate that! Thanks for the great suggestion!!

Sounds like a great girl (and a wonderful family!) she's going to love whatever y'all do I'm sure.

My daughter's soccer team is traveling to WDW for a tournament over her birthday. We are a family with 6 kids and she's smack in the middle, surrounded by 4 brothers! Like your daughter, she does a lot!
We've decided to surprise her the day after her tournament with a mother/daughter experience - we'll be staying value or moderate with her team for several days, but after, when everyone is leaving - she & I will be checking into the GF!
We will eat breakfast at 1900, spend the morning swimming & exploring the grounds, do the tea & a couple spa treatments, plus hair & make up. That evening, a gorgeous dress & shoes will be delivered to our room for her & we will get dressed up to eat dinner at Narcoosee's, then watch the fireworks. We'll spend 1 night & head home in the morning (after a meal at the GF cafe!)
I am so excited - I know she'll remember it forever! We've never done a mother/daughter thing before!!!

Sounds like you both could use a spa day! My mother and I are planning on doing a spa day at the Grand Floridian together one day while we're in Disney World. We're sending my husband and my father to the golf course for a few hours ;)

Another vote for pick a pearl. We did 3 generations last time we were there and splurged on the settings. We now have matching necklaces that all three of us adore.

Another vote for the Tea at Grand Floridian. Did it with mom and daughter a few years ago and it's still one of the most favorite things we've done together. It's quite a special experience.

My other thought was, if she an animal lover, maybe the Wild Animal Trek at AK. Quite pricey compared to the tea, but if she loves animals it'd be pretty special.

I'm more on the tomboy side so a spa day sounds horrible to me. I would have loved to go on the Wild Africa Trek at Animal Kingdom though. Maybe look into that if she likes adventures and animals.

I did the spa mani/pedi with my daughter at GF also, she was 5 years old.

I'm taking my girls to pick a pearl at Epcot and having their pearls set into jewelry. Granted, my girls will only be 2 and 6 months, but I wanted to get them each a special gift from their first trip to Disney and a beautiful piece of jewelry they can grow with seems special to me.

Maybe you could get a matching setting with your daughter?

Pick a pearl in Epcot, dinner at California Grill timed to watch Wishes from the viewing balcony, carriage ride at Port Orleans, Spirit of Aloha Show at Poly. Whatever you choose my bet is she will love having a little time with just you the most! Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter