Special Easter festivities?

Zacksmom

Earning My Ears
We will be in Disney next month over Easter and I have been unable to find any info regarding special Easter festivities that may be going on such as Easter egg hunts or Easter parades. Does anyone know if they usually do anything like that? Also I would like to purchase a small Easter basket for my son once I get there. Do you think the resort gift shops will sell premade Easter baskets? Hoping that someone that has been there over Easter in the past will be able to provide some of this information. I tried calling but they had zero information. It's just hard to have dining and fast passes made and then find out that there is a special event that conflicts with original plans, I'm sure you can all understand.

Thank you!

Mia

The gift shops will be selling Easter baskets. I'm not sure for how much they are. When DD was younger, I would bring a fold-able Easter bag and bring treats/gifts from home. The hotels will definitely have special activities. Usually a Easter Egg (read Candy) hunt divided by age groups and a meet and greet with some characters. When April begins, the resort activities flier will list the special things happening for Easter. Each hotel has it's own activity flier, you can usually google it to find it. Some of the resort threads will post it when it comes out. I believe Epcot does something special on Easter, too, like an egg hunt. MK will have the Easter Bunny to meet with. I think as it gets closer, more information will come out about the other activities that will be offered and I'm sure DIS will be posting about them!

We were there Easter 2014 for ten days over vacation/Spring break and there for Easter Sunday. We stayed at the VWL. In the lobby for a couple of days leading up to Easter, they had a small table set up for Easter baskets. Choose pink or blue and I think a couple of things to put in it like candy and trinkets but very few Easter specific items. WL was not decorated specifically for Easter. There was an egg hunt in Epcot. You go get a map that has stickers and you go around locating the eggs. When complete, hand it back it and you get a small Disney themed plastic egg. There was also a special Easter Day parade in MK. There might have been a meet and greet with Easter bunny, I'm not sure. But I will say special events were few and far between. I was also kind of surprised that many restaurants did not have special menu offerings. I was expecting ham or turkey....something like that. I think we ended up eating at the Cape May Buffet. Not sure why but if I had to guess it's probably because that was the closest to holiday food I could get. I didn't bring anything for Easter baskets from home because I thought I'd get something there, but I was disappointed and didn't. We went on a Disney Cruise for Easter 2016. I called ahead and was told there wasn't any specific festivity going on for Easter and no Easter baskets. So, we packed our own,.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter