Spanx!

luna99

Oh great. Now we've got a yeti. - Jamie from Mythb
anyone use spanx under their wedding gown or just have any experience with these in general?

I'm thinking of getting some for under my wedding dress!
thanks!

Spanx are my new best friends... and miracle workers!! :love: They practically suck you in a size! (and make you very streamlined) It's amazing... I just can't say enough good things! I've worn them under dresses, skirts, even jeans if we go somewhere fancy/where I want to appear smaller. They will definitely be on my body on my wedding day!

They really are like your best friends... they were there for me the night I got engaged... they go out dancing with me... they will be there for my wedding... my honeymoon... when I'm 70 and everything is sagging and I want to be a hot granny... everything!!!

Spanx are my new best friends... and miracle workers!! :love: They practically suck you in a size! (and make you very streamlined) It's amazing... I just can't say enough good things! I've worn them under dresses, skirts, even jeans if we go somewhere fancy/where I want to appear smaller. They will definitely be on my body on my wedding day!

They really are like your best friends... they were there for me the night I got engaged... they go out dancing with me... they will be there for my wedding... my honeymoon... when I'm 70 and everything is sagging and I want to be a hot granny... everything!!!

:laughing: Ive been looking into getting a pair myself just to suck in my hips. I dont have a problem with anything else-- i can stand to face myself-- all but looking at those hips! How in the world did i get blessed with enough love handles for 3 people? I dont think ill ever know....

They seem a little bit expensive but ive heard nothing but good things so I'd be willing to say they are worth it!

They seem a little bit expensive but ive heard nothing but good things so I'd be willing to say they are worth it!

They last forever and IMO are the most comfortable of all the BIG KNICKERS!!! :cool1:

get them get them get them. the are a little expensive but can be worn with anything and smooth out all your lumps and bumps. I love mine!

I LOVE Spanx, but they are expensive. They have a generic version at Target, made by the same designer as Spanx. You can get a pair for about $15 instead of $30.

which one do you ladies suggest to help with the um.. back fat issue. my dress is strapless. i really need something to hold in all the middle lumps :rotfl:

Try the high-waisted version which comes up under the bust... :thumbsup2

Yep mine tuck right in under my bra and no issues with rolling down or anything.

Only problem is they look horrific! No way is fiance EVER going to see them on!

OK, but do you get a big fat roll where the Spanx stop? Every thigh shaper I've ever tried is totally defeated by the fact that it creates a "sausage" effect on your legs where it stops and a "muffin" effect around your waist at the top!:rotfl:

I LOVE Spanx, but they are expensive. They have a generic version at Target, made by the same designer as Spanx. You can get a pair for about $15 instead of $30.

do the target ones work as well as the actual spanx? I don't want to go cheap-o on my wedding day if it's not going to work! :cutie:

OK, but do you get a big fat roll where the Spanx stop? Every thigh shaper I've ever tried is totally defeated by the fact that it creates a "sausage" effect on your legs where it stops and a "muffin" effect around your waist at the top!:rotfl:

There is definitely nothing at my legs. At my back it is only what would be above my strapless bra anyway because it tucks in and was covered by the dress. I was a bit worried but I would say they are definitely worth a try. Go to a proper lingerie shop where they will let you try on a sample pair first.

I am with Lurkyloo on the sausage effect. I have a pair of Spanx and honestly they create a thigh muffintop for me. I am so glad it works for everyone else but maybe I was doing something wrong!

I literally just received mine today and I think I ordered the wrong size... it's not really loose, but it's not as tight and "slimming" as I thought it would be. I think I'll try returning it for a smaller one.

All different styles. I am about 10 lbs. overweight and I agree about the fat being squeezed over or under the bands. My friends like to call it the "Dunlop Effect", as in tires. That said, they still do the best job of squishing in and smoothing. Good luck. Susan

I am with Lurkyloo on the sausage effect. I have a pair of Spanx and honestly they create a thigh muffintop for me. I am so glad it works for everyone else but maybe I was doing something wrong!

Im afraid that would happen with me too--

Tiggerific- did you order a size thats pretty true to the one you wear now?

So should ppl get smaller sizes if they order? But would that help create the problem of the 'thigh muffintop' haha?

Im afraid that would happen with me too--

Tiggerific- did you order a size thats pretty true to the one you wear now?

So should ppl get smaller sizes if they order? But would that help create the problem of the 'thigh muffintop' haha?

I wear a 6/8 (medium) in clothes, so I ordered a medium in this as well. I had looked at them in the store first (but was too embarassed to buy it in person :) ) and the medium looked reallllly small so I thought it would be good. The one I ordered was the "slim cognito" that goes from right under your bra to mid-thigh... there is material at the end of the thigh that is less stretchy that I figure would minimize the whole "thigh muffintop" problem, but I'm not sure because mine was loose on me there! I think I'm going to suck it up and go buy a small in person and return the medium. Hope that helps a little!

Personally spanx did not work for me. I am a size 4, so maybe I did not get them small enough. When I wore the spanx to a formal, everytime I sat down the spanx would fold over and move around a lot. I do have friends that love them and think they work great....so I think I will have to try them again before my wedding.

Okay you skinny minnies!! If you are a size 4 or 6....YOU DON'T NEED SPANEX !!!! Those things are for us ! :rotfl2:

spanx are the best!

i also have the high-waisted ones - tight, and hold "everything" in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter