Spaceship Earth - no "Greeting from your Future"??

We rode twice in early August. The first time it worked. the second time it did not.

We rode three times in August. Twice it worked, once it didn't.

We rode it two times in August. Worked both times. We have been on it when it hasn't worked so it can be iffy. Love that part!

More August hit or miss here. I think we rode 3 or 4 times and it worked all but once. We were bummed the time it didn't work, but now I feel lucky it worked at all!

Heard Disney did away with personalized greetings off the magic bands on some attractions as well.

Heard Disney did away with personalized greetings off the magic bands on some attractions as well.

Did they really? That's crazy - why??

We were last on in April and SE faces worked great - it's one of our favorite parts!! My kids will be bummed if we ride and it's not working on October! Get with the program Disney!

I wonder if it's because guests chose somewhat inappropriate names. I always wondered what would happen with the greetings if that were the case.

Will you know prior to getting in line if the "Greeting from your future" is working? That's the only reason why we go on this ride...And is it more likely to work in the morning?

I wonder if it's because guests chose somewhat inappropriate names. I always wondered what would happen with the greetings if that were the case.

Will you know prior to getting in line if the "Greeting from your future" is working? That's the only reason why we go on this ride...And is it more likely to work in the morning?

It doesn't use the name on your magic band, just the name on your associated MDE account. I suppose folks could still use fake names on this but it's not as simple as the MB name.

Didn't work while we were there either (9/6 - 9/14), and we were on that one a lot. I was glad actually. In past Trips, we could never get our Pictures right anyway. It didn't seem like it was working for anyone at all this Trip.

It wasn't working in late August either. We were bummed when it was the generic cartoons every time. We always get a good laugh when they use our photos. My kids think it's hysterical. It definitely dampened the ride a little for us!

When we were they in late august I saw it work for some people but it did not work for us. We were on the ride 3 times during our trip and it did not work once for us but it did for the people in front of us.

aw, I hope they fix it.. we liked the silly-ness of it. We did experience it being down, but I didn't realize the problem had been going on for awhile. A neat update would be fine too...just as long as something is done with it and it's not just a bunch of broken when you exit.

Yeah, we were really bummed and I hope they fix it. Just don't want to see it as yet something else that breaks they have no interest in fixing anytime soon (yeti. . .cough cough):crutches:

We just got back from a great trip to the World. But an odd thing, the last part of Spaceship Earth where they used your pic for the vision of the future - wasn't being used. There was a flash and warning that your pic was being taken at the beginning of the ride, but never used. The generic cartoon characters acted out your future. At the exit, the kiosks were dark, no pics posting, and the same random people were coming up on the big view boards. Went on three time and nothing. Does anyone know if they are doing away with it or was it just a temp thing?
We kinda look forward to that part. Would be a shame if they no longer did it.

I was with 3 first timers and told them all about the pic part and how the ending was pretty cool .. I was very disappointment to see it not working and so where they .

It was down occasionally during our May trip.
We asked one of the cast members and she told us that it had been playing up for a while, but they were waiting for its regular maintenance. Obviously, they are still waiting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter