Space launch... Quick help

aviva5675

DIS Veteran
Picking up kids at MCO at 4. They made them check bags. The plan was took them carry on drive to Disney springs garage roof and watch the 450 space launch. Now I'm worried we won't make it. Anywhere near the airport to watch the space launch if timing is bad thanks for the quick help. Can you put the launch back to

Picking up kids at MCO at 4. They made them check bags. The plan was took them carry on drive to Disney springs garage roof and watch the 450 space launch. Now I'm worried we won't make it. Anywhere near the airport to watch the space launch if timing is bad thanks for the quick help. Can you put the launch back to
I mean, you COULD just stay at the airport and go to the top floor of the garage at MCO, yes?

Going from MCO to Disney Springs between 4-5 PM on a weekday on I-4 usually is challenging. I second the vote of the MCO garage, but really the surface parking lot would be OK too. Make sure to check for a last-minute scrub.

Going from MCO to Disney Springs between 4-5 PM on a weekday on I-4 usually is challenging. I second the vote of the MCO garage, but really the surface parking lot would be OK too. Make sure to check for a last-minute scrub.
Good point. Are laundry easily viewed from MCO? And isn't there a back way back to Disney besides I4?

Good point. Are laundry easily viewed from MCO?
Yes, and you do not need to be on an elevated area. A clear view to the east is all you need, so don't stand behind trees. Please keep in mind that all you will see from Orlando is the launch exhaust trail. For a daytime launch, you may or may not be able to see the flare of the rocket engine from Orlando. This is not my picture, but similar to what you are likely to see.

1705519556913.png

Yes, and you do not need to be on an elevated area. A clear view to the east is all you need, so don't stand behind trees. Please keep in mind that all you will see from Orlando is the launch exhaust trail. For a daytime launch, you may or may not be able to see the flare of the rocket engine from Orlando. This is not my picture, but similar to what you are likely to see.

View attachment 826614
r.e. bold We are on FL's West Coast some 156.75 miles from Launch Complex 39A and on crystal clear days we have seen the the rockets glow and the re-entry burn(s) glow. :banana:

Dang, looks like it was pushed to tomorrow. We live over north of Tampa and can see launches but not like it would have been here. Sigh

r.e. bold We are on FL's West Coast some 156.75 miles from Launch Complex 39A and on crystal clear days we have seen the the rockets glow and the re-entry burn(s) glow. :banana:
Was this the Shuttle or Falcon Heavy? I used to love night launches with the big rockets as they lit up the sky. The Falcon 9 and other smaller rockets are just not as impressive from a distance.

Was this the Shuttle or Falcon Heavy? I used to love night launches with the big rockets as they lit up the sky. The Falcon 9 and other smaller rockets are just not as impressive from a distance.
A Shuttle launch of course was a different kind of launch and awesome in its own rights but Falcon Heavy with returning boosters is way cooler. With binocs was able to see the BOOST BACK burns then follow them down as they got farther apart and then the re-entry burns

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter