• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Space 220…any reviews yet?

DopeyRN

Who says we have to grow up?
My travel agent snagged us dinner reservations. The problem is lunch at 12:55 at Sci Fi and Space 220 at 6:25. 2 parks, 2 sit down restaurants so close together. Now I’m very familiar with Sci Fi, and I know it’s not gourmet. But my son wants to go there with his kids. I’m ok with that. I read Google reviews on Space 220 and it very mixed. Many say the experience and the food don’t justify the $80. So I’m wondering what true Dis people think. Thanks!

We just did the lounge today for a snack and a couple drinks. The atmosphere is definitely not worth the markup. It’s a nice place if the prices ever come in more reasonable, but with kids it’s a super easy call-go to sci-fi. If someone is just really excited about going in the it might be worth it just to satisfy that urge, but that doesn’t sound like the situation.

Now if you want a sit down and money is really not an issue beyond general principles then no reason not to do it, but it’s not “worth” it in terms of what you actually receive for the cost and the environment is somewhat interesting but not particularly engaging for very long- so unless the cost is irrelevant to you, just forget it imo.

I did dinner with my family of 5 in October. It was VERY overpriced and not worth the price. I have eaten at V&A and typically do signature restaurants, so I am not afraid of a higher bill IF it is worth it. Once and done for us

We don’t have kids but had dinner at Space220 a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. The theming was wonderful and the food fantastic. We are not crazy about Sci Fi the burgers had a weird taste and they show the same movie clips over and over. At Space220 we were fascinated by the elevator and what we saw out of our window.

We had lunch at Space 220 today.
It’s a nice experience but not one I’ll bother trying to do again.

The restaurant itself had such a strange smell, I couldn’t stop thinking shout it during our lunch.

The food is fine. Nothing to rave about, just
basic.

I’d stick with sci fi. It’s a great experience and good theme park sit down food.

The reviews so far have not been great. Some have been good, but haven't seen any glowingly positive when it opened. More recently it looks like they may have improved food quality as reviews are improving. Hoping they get it worked out before our next trip.

We had a great experience for our dinner early November. Food was good/great - no complaints. I should not have ordered drinks. (does not affect review).

We would only go again if we were with a party who has not been and it had been a while since we went last.

We like to try new restaurants. Since you are very familiar with Sci-Fi, do you like to try new restaurants? When will you be back? I doubt it will remain a hard to get reservation after a while. I would definitely not do both restaurants in one day.

Good luck!!

We just did the lounge today for a snack and a couple drinks. The atmosphere is definitely not worth the markup. It’s a nice place if the prices ever come in more reasonable, but with kids it’s a super easy call-go to sci-fi. If someone is just really excited about going in the it might be worth it just to satisfy that urge, but that doesn’t sound like the situation.

Now if you want a sit down and money is really not an issue beyond general principles then no reason not to do it, but it’s not “worth” it in terms of what you actually receive for the cost and the environment is somewhat interesting but not particularly engaging for very long- so unless the cost is irrelevant to you, just forget it imo.
This is what I'd say, almost verbatim. If it were me deciding between Sci Fi and Space 220, I'd go to Sci Fi (you mentioned kids but not the ages - I'm going with an 8 and 5 year old. If the kids were older and really into the adult menu, then maybe it would be worth it.).

Haven't done Space yet but ate at SciFi a few weeks ago and they were running SUPER behind. We waited 45 minutes past our reservation time! Since timing is part of your decision making, I wanted to throw that your way just in case it's a pattern right now.

We had lunch there last week and loved it. The atmosphere was great and the food was very good! Sci fi was a fun experience also but the food was pretty average. The meal at Space was far better.

Last edited:
Ate at Space 220 last week for first time. Dinner for two. Overpriced and we sat there for 25 minutes with no wait staff coming over to us. We finally asked a server who wasn't in our section when they walked by if they could alert whoever needed to know that we would like a server to come by lol. A manager came over and apologized and took our drink order and then a server came over and took our food order. Not a great first impression. Steaks weren't cooked properly, but still was decent. Dessert was ok. For a 180.00 meal we expected more, but it was a one and done for us. It's a cool concept but that was about it.

We had lunch at Space 220 today (Wednesday).

The “atmosphere” (sorry) was awesome. The furnishings, cutlery, serving pitchers, waitstaff costumes, and theming are elegant “space,” and the restaurant comes across as classy.

The food was excellent. I had salmon, and it was perfect. I started with calamari and it was equally good. My spouse started with a salad and burger, and she was delighted. Our desserts (lemon mousse) was awesome.

The screens showing planet Earth, space vehicles, and astronauts at work were way cool.

The price was high ($55 apiece), but we thought worth it.

We will definitely go back.

Based on the reviews I just did a reservation for the lounge. We are just going to each order a drink, but at least we get to see it.

Space 220 was unable to accept the $100 Patina gift card although it was on the list for participating restaurants. Sounded like they are going to have it removed from the list published by Patina. Food and drinks are pretty good (lounge menu)

Space 220 was unable to accept the $100 Patina gift card although it was on the list for participating restaurants. Sounded like they are going to have it removed from the list published by Patina. Food and drinks are pretty good (lounge menu)
That’s unfortunate to hear. We purchased $200 in gift cards specifically to use here - Space 220 was listed when we purchased, as you said. I took screenshots that day of it even listed as accepting the bonus cards next year.

they were not set up to accept it - they could also get things set up in the restaurant. But anyone going to use it soon might have issues

they were not set up to accept it - they could also get things set up in the restaurant. But anyone going to use it soon might have issues
Ah, thank you for this info! Have some time yet; I suppose I'll worry about that bridge when I come to it. Hopefully they work things out soon.

Just ate at the lounge (6:35 reservation). Really enjoyed it. Flexibility with a lounge booking since you can order whatever you want from the menu. Elevator ride and windows were cool. Things were a little harried feeling but they corrected issues promptly. Everyone was friendly and stayed on theme offers 10% AP discount.
Restaurant booking (vs lounge) gets you a bigger table next to the window.

Would definitely do lounge again. Would not do a restaurant booking unless I was going with people that haven’t been before and couldn’t book lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter