• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spa appointment close to dinner time

Minnie368

DIS Veteran
We booked our cruise kind of last minute and only spa appointments for 75 min massage is at 7pm and our dinner seating is 8:15. Is this possible to do? Don’t want to be too late to dinner and didn’t know if 75 min would mean 8:15 out the door or if the massage itself is 75 min so we’re looking at being later than we’d want. Also, what type of availability is there if we wait to book once onboard?

We booked our cruise kind of last minute and only spa appointments for 75 min massage is at 7pm and our dinner seating is 8:15. Is this possible to do? Don’t want to be too late to dinner and didn’t know if 75 min would mean 8:15 out the door or if the massage itself is 75 min so we’re looking at being later than we’d want. Also, what type of availability is there if we wait to book once onboard?

I asked a similar question about a 8:00am 50min massage & 9:30am excursion. I was told I would be cutting ot close. Based on this, you would likely be pretty late to dinner.

As for availability, it never hurts to go straight to the spa and ask if they have other slots open. & Truth is people change or drop out all the time so keep checking the app when you can.

Last edited:
Be sure to tell them to not mess with your hair. Sometimes they give you a scalp massage. It can mess up your hair and make it a little greasy. It would probably be a little close though. You can get to dinner up to 15 minutes late, especially for last seating, and you wouldn't be the only one.

We didn’t know this but you can ask your servers nicely if you can place your order the day before and have it sent to your room due to the conflict. We had an allergy order setup on an excursion day and unfortunately the excursion ran late (1.5 hour! Didn’t get back to our room until 3 pm with 2 young kids and a teen!).

They don’t bring the food to your room unless you’re in the room to recieve it.

It's not how I'd want to spend what is supposed to be a relaxing time worrying about getting to dinner - plus I always feel like I need a shower after a massage to get all the oil off since I hate feeling greasy and don't want it messing up my clothes. I'd either go to the spa on boarding and try to move the massage or plan on something like room service that night.

I have never heard of having food sent to the room if ordered the night before as the PP mentioned, but there is a difference between an excursion running late and purposely scheduling something that butts up to dinner, so I wouldn't count on that option.

I would keep an eye open for a better time. People do cancel. If nothing comes up, I would speak to spa and see if they can work with you and give you a better time.

As someone else said, I can’t imagine a massage being that relaxing if you worry about rushing back to dinner.

You could also just skip dinner that day. The options aren’t that great: burgers etc on pool deck or room service, but you would not have to go hungry.

You are going to be late for dinner

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter