• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Souvenirs that you actually use at home

I use my Magic Kingdom mug nearly every day!

I used some push pins to hang my sets of ears on the wall inside my closet. I'm not using them but it's fun to see them when I'm getting dressed for the day.

I wish I'd looked for a Tervis tumbler or another kind of regular drinking glass. I hope to find one next time! I think a Vera Bradley cross body bag would get a lot of use, too.

Mugs, mugs, mugs!! We only own Disney mugs lol. I have one from every Disney park trip and even most of my Disney Store visits because we don't have one near us. I drink my morning coffee 'a la Disney' every single day!! I also have a couple of throws that have became my 'rink blankets' for when I'm watching my kids play hockey. They get tons of use! Our last trip I bought a Mickey backpack and it's become my daughter's school backpack.

WDW and CSR shot glasses

Sir, those are "toothpick holders" not vile, satanic shot glasses. :earboy2:

We have tons of Disney stuff around the house, I'd like to think we try to keep it relatively subtle. With respect to the practical stuff, we have the MM potholders, Disney dish towels, Disney plates/bowls/drinking glasses/mugs, HM placemats, Mickey head winestopper, Mickey bottle opener, Club 33 toothpick holder, and loads of Disney clothing. Of course there are some animation cels and Disney art, but I PROMISE, it's pretty subtle. DW has some Run Disney shoes, I have some Crocs with Mickey. OK, the subtlety thing is out the window. :earsboy:

I have an awesome mug collection, drinking glasses, wine glasses, Mickey coffee press, coffee scoop, wine bottle stoppers, dishcloth, Mickey flatware, several sets of salt & pepper shakers, fridge magnets, Mickey waffle maker, and an enviable array of jewellery. Of course, we bring home a Christmas ornament each trip. I've worn out 2 pairs of Mickey FitFlops and a pair of Mickey Crocs.

I confess to a few not-so-practical items (ahem, look to the left. Honest, he just followed me home!) but not many. These items bring back happy memories every time I use them, so I really appreciate the ones I can use every day!

I am a Disney souvenir addict! I could spend way too much of my vacation in the stores if my kids would let me. I have bought all manner of t-shirts, pens, and even a bonsai tree. But my favorites are things that remind me of my trips and also are actually functional in our home. These are two:
1Yx6nt5.jpg

The pot holder works better than any others I own and the bottle opener works and feels good in your hand while you use it.

What have you bought at Disney world that keeps making you happy at home? What should I look for next time?
I have and use both of these! I also use my Mickey coasters, resort mugs, wear my Disney clothes, Disney Pandora bracelet, and use my Disney Vera bags.

We have all four Starbucks "You Are Here" mugs from the park plus a few other mugs, like a huge Haunted Mansion one I love. I also got the Haunted Mansion Dooney & Bourke and I use it daily. Inside that purse is another Dooney & Bourke Disney cosmetics bag and a Disney wallet :love:

I stopped buying souvenirs that didn't have much of a function at home like stuffed animals and ear hats.
I mean if there is something that I absolutely must have that is not functional then I'll get it but I try not to lol.

My top used souvenirs at home are...
-zip up hoodies which is use as an everyday coat for part of the year
-bucket hats/baseball hats which I use daily when I go on my walk and during the summer when I go to fairs and the beach
-My Vera Bradley hipster in midnight with Mickey which I use everyday
-WDW wallet which I use everyday

Other Items that I use often are...
-sunglasses
-t-shirts
-sweatshirts
-blankets
I just bought the Vera Bradley mini hipster in midnight with Mickey off eBay! So excited to start using it daily to get pumped up for my trip this summer

Really anything that is useful.

Coffee mugs, "The best part of waking up is Pooh Bear on your cup."
Vera Bradley bags. I carry one every day. Sometimes two.
Pens. There is one in my bag right now.
Clothes, be it t-shirts, caps or jackets.
And of course my stuffed characters. I may be an adult, but I love my stuffed Pooh Bear. (and Sadness)

Not sure if it's considered "useful" in the sense a lot of these things are, but I collect snow globes and I just adore the Disney ones. I also have started a collection of Jim Shore figures. I'm uber picky though, and I don't like everything I see so I don't just buy it because it is Disney. I have to really love the detail of the piece.

I also collect xmas ornaments. I get one per trip. I have one Disney mug, just because it's too easy for me to collect mugs and I have to put myself on a leash. I've been eyeing that trivet thought and am getting it next time I'm there!

We have all four Starbucks "You Are Here" mugs from the park plus a few other mugs, like a huge Haunted Mansion one I love. I also got the Haunted Mansion Dooney & Bourke and I use it daily. Inside that purse is another Dooney & Bourke Disney cosmetics bag and a Disney wallet :love:

We have the "you are here" mugs too, we collect them on all our travels but the Disney parks ones are the most used and fought over! Christmas ornaments are my other must buy and most used and I love putting the tree up and thinking of each Disney trip!

Our most used was a fluke purchase, first trip was cooler temps and DD was still in the stroller so we bought a blanket at the Disney store at the outlets to keep her warm at night. 7 years later and she sleeps with it every night!

We have the "you are here" mugs too, we collect them on all our travels but the Disney parks ones are the most used and fought over! Christmas ornaments are my other must buy and most used and I love putting the tree up and thinking of each Disney trip!

Our most used was a fluke purchase, first trip was cooler temps and DD was still in the stroller so we bought a blanket at the Disney store at the outlets to keep her warm at night. 7 years later and she sleeps with it every night!

Christmas ornaments! How did I forget that? My husband and I collect shot glasses and ornaments from every trip. I love my Disney one.

MUGS. I have a growing collection which are arranged on shelves in the kitchen and used daily (a mug for every mood!) I have one pretty silver Mickey necklace (most people don't even 'see' the Mickey on it) that I wear daily- A watch, and more beach towels than I can count (I use them for everyday towels) those are my favorites,along with the salt and pepper shakers, which I have multiple versions of around the kitchen area for easy use

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter