Souvenir Mugs

hollyrose1313

Princess
Our family is a total sucker for a good souvenir mug (on our WDW fall trip we bought a poison apple mug, tin cup from Skippers Canteen, zombie head and pearl from Trader Sam's, and coconut monkey head from the luau). What are some fun ones available at Disneyland? Pictures would also be great :)

When are you going? There are seasonal Halloween and Christmas mugs every year. They usually take away some of the other ones when those are on sale. I saw the Chewbacca stein they introduced awhile back at TLT about 2 months ago, not sure if they still have it. Google Disney Chewbacca stein for a picture. They also have the same shaped plastic travel coffee mug that gets several different images every year. Past ones include IASW, HM 40th anniversary, Fab 5 marching band, and they do seasonal like Christmas and Halloween on those too. They also currently have a souvenir glass offer that you can buy 2 at TLT and 2 different ones at Pizza Port. There are also souvenir cups/mugs at Trader Sam's, though some are the same as WDW.

Thanks for all the info! We are going in March. We actually have three of the Chewey steins from attending the dessert party at DHS.

You will need an Oswald mug from DCA! There is a little shop near the front of DCA that looks like a gas station. I don't know the name, but they have great Oswald stuff. :)

I thought of 2 more. They have gas can drink cups in DCA and stein at PFF in DL that has a sticker on it. I think the sticker is currently Gaston. I don't think the stein is unique to DL but the gas cans might be. I'm trying to remember if the orange cone drink cups are still in DCA or replaced with the gas cans.

As mentioned, the souvenir mugs do change fairly often at DLR and not that many are unique to DLR (many of the designs are available in both WDW and DLR, just not necessarily at the same time). I think that pretty much only the Dinoco Sippers and Marvel mugs are unique to DLR.

The Dinoco Gas Can sippers are available at the Cozy Cones in Carsland. They come in three colors (green, blue, and red). They're pretty cute, but they don't have a handle, so they're a bit bulky to carry around. These are what they look like:
DSC_0039_zpsvxchfnyl.jpg

DSC_0296_zpsg6qgfw2o.jpg

Tomorrowland is a great place to find Star Wars and Marvel themed souvenir cups. There is the Chewie mug for the Star Wars fans. They used to have a Boba Fett one (but I don't recall seeing that one in December). They've also had an Iron Man mug in the past (Redd Rockett's Pizza Port).

Not unique to DLR, they were heavily featuring the Olaf sipper mug in December.
20161209_132906_zpswqevykj9.jpg

Award Wiener in DCA also tends to have some type of featured sipper. It changes fairly often, but it's another good venue to check. The last time I stopped by, they had the Crush Sipper.
DSC_0327_zpsigtkbijy.jpg

I don't know if Bengal BBQ still has the Moana Sipper, but they were featuring those in early-December.
DSC_0182_zpsydcijmx3.jpg

The Golden Horseshoe is another location where they sometimes have souvenir drink mugs that are not featured at any other location (for the longest time, they had the Lone Ranger Boot and then the Dragon Stein, but both are now gone). I think they only had the standard mugs in December, but it's always worth checking out the Golden Horseshoe.

As mentioned, depending on when you go, there may be seasonal mugs (e.g., the Poison Apple mug or Mickey Elf Stein). Those can change from year-to-year (sometimes the same design re-appears, other times they get a new design).

Ultimately, it's worth stopping at every QS location you walk by because you never know what they'll have. Most of the time, it will be the same thing that is pretty readily available, but once in a while you'll find something unique/different.

You can get the gas cans at Flo's as well. And yes, they are a bit bulky...we had to pack one of those plus the World of Color sipper in our bags in September. It was a big difficult seeing as we only took carry on bags and I packed them pretty tightly on the way down. :crowded:

You can get the gas cans at Flo's as well. And yes, they are a bit bulky...we had to pack one of those plus the World of Color sipper in our bags in September. It was a big difficult seeing as we only took carry on bags and I packed them pretty tightly on the way down. :crowded:
At a couple of bachelorette parties I fit several of the bridesmaids' souvenir glasses in my suitcase by shoving t-shirts inside them. That should work for the Dino sipper. I'd probably try socks or travel size toiletries in the regular mugs.

At a couple of bachelorette parties I fit several of the bridesmaids' souvenir glasses in my suitcase by shoving t-shirts inside them. That should work for the Dino sipper. I'd probably try socks or travel size toiletries in the regular mugs.

Exactly what I did! :D

Thank you so much everyone! Will for get a gas can and keep our eyes peeled for more :) Last year, on our first DLR trip, we got a BB-8 sipper which kind of started our collection (and remains our favorite)!

I had forgotten about the WoC Made with Magic sipper...I know that kids get them at the WoC dessert party. Are they still available elsewhere in the park? I don't recall seeing the Chernabog ones after the 60th ended, which surprised me because I didn't really think of it as a 60th anniversary item (although it debut during the 60th).

The mention of Flo's also reminded me that Flo's, one of the Cozy Cones, and Gibson Girl has/had a plastic souvenir cup. They kind of reminded me of an old fashioned ice cream sundae glass. This is the basic shape, but the logo on the cup varied depending on the place.
DSC_0135_1_zps457152a0.jpg

Disneyland has their own version of LeFou's Brew. There it's at Cars Land and they call it Red's Apple Freeze. They have a souvenir glass that is reminiscent of an old sundae glass. I just had some this weekend!

Also, Disneyland has the original Trader Sam's too. I believe most of the Tiki mugs are the same though, in case you are looking for something else to add, they have plenty of mugs to choose from.

Plus, you probably already have the BB-8 sipper cups too. They are fun as well.

Disneyland has their own version of LeFou's Brew. There it's at Cars Land and they call it Red's Apple Freeze.
Oh this is wonderful news! LeFou's Brew (with no foam) is my favorite! Also hoping that the Star Wars quick service place is still there (last time it kind of seemed temporary for Season of the Force) because I loved The Light Side (with no boba balls).

I had forgotten about the WoC Made with Magic sipper...I know that kids get them at the WoC dessert party. Are they still available elsewhere in the park? I don't recall seeing the Chernabog ones after the 60th ended, which surprised me because I didn't really think of it as a 60th anniversary item (although it debut during the 60th).
When they used the Chernabog one for the AP soda promotion I figured they were using up the stock and that was it.

When they used the Chernabog one for the AP soda promotion I figured they were using up the stock and that was it.
That might be the case, I was just surprised. They seemed to have a lot of them in August, but then when I went back in September, they were no where to be found. It's possible they sold out, but they didn't seem like they were selling all the well (I didn't see a lot of guests carrying them around), so I wondered if they pulled them and they'll show up in the outlets or WDW at some point in the future.

Yep - they still have the quick service. I just had the Dark Side drink at Disneyland this past Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter