Southwest??

Angeliamc

Mouseketeer
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone is familiar with when Southwest will be releasing it's next round of nonstop flights? They have opened up travel through 8/14/17, but only nonstop up until 4/22/17. I always book my airfare in January, but so far they have not released any additional nonstop flights, which is a must for my family. Any ideas?? Thanks so much! :) I posted this on the US/IOA forum and it was suggested that I post it here, I appreciate any help!

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone is familiar with when Southwest will be releasing it's next round of nonstop flights? They have opened up travel through 8/14/17, but only nonstop up until 4/22/17. I always book my airfare in January, but so far they have not released any additional nonstop flights, which is a must for my family. Any ideas?? Thanks so much! :) I posted this on the US/IOA forum and it was suggested that I post it here, I appreciate any help!

They release what they have all at once, they don't hold back non-stops. If you don't see them, they won't have them. There have been a couple of threads complaining about the lack of non stop flights. It does stink!

They've likely done away with the nonstop flights if you're not seeing them.
I agree. Many of us have seen the number of Southwest's nonstop flights from our local airports to MCO drop dramatically over the last few years.

They release all flights at the same time.
If there's no nonstop then you're out of luck.
If it's a must you'll have to find a different airline.

Once Southwest posts their schedule I have not seen them make major changes, shifting times a little but not adding new flights. As a previous poster noted, there is another thread on the apparent reduction in non-stop Southwest flights. I noticed a reduction at MHT. I am sorry to hear that you no longer have any non-stops. The non-stops in and out of MHT to MCO were always full when I flew them so I really don't understand the shift. Good Luck in your search.

Thank you for all of the replies. I think you guys are right. They have some out of Columbus listed for that time so it confirms they have already been released. The nonstop was always full from Detroit to Orlando too, it really doesn't make any sense. It's a shame because I have flown Southwest exclusively for years. Guess I am on the search for a new airline! Thanks again guys.

Thank you for all of the replies. I think you guys are right. They have some out of Columbus listed for that time so it confirms they have already been released. The nonstop was always full from Detroit to Orlando too, it really doesn't make any sense. It's a shame because I have flown Southwest exclusively for years. Guess I am on the search for a new airline! Thanks again guys.

They have only been flying a non-stop on Saturday from DTW. They have a hard time competing in other airline's hubs, Detroit is Delta. A full fight doesn't mean they are making money on it. Or they could be making more somewhere else. There's another thread about the reduction in flights from Philadelphia, which is an American hub.

If you are looking out of Columbus, check Cincinnati. Southwest recently announced they were expanding service and will begin flights out of CVG this spring. Probably where your Columbus non stops went. I'm not sure they'll have nonstops out of CVG but doesn't hurt to check.
**Update...I just checked and there are no nonstops from CVG to MCO either. Bummer!

Last edited:
We'll if you decide to fly out of Columbus I can say from experience it's an easy airport to get around. Since Cleveland never seems to have any affordable direct flights (if any) we tend to end up flying out of CMH.

SWA has done away with all of the non-stop flights to MCO from the state of Michigan:sad2:. We live near GRR but we would drive to FNT or DTW to get non-stops. Now, it looks like we will be driving to Chicago:car:.

SWA has done away with all of the non-stop flights to MCO from the state of Michigan:sad2:. We live near GRR but we would drive to FNT or DTW to get non-stops. Now, it looks like we will be driving to Chicago:car:.

There is one non stop from Detroit on Saturday.

hmm, I don't see any non stops on Saturday. We are leaving on the 29th of April, I only see nonstop through the 22nd, is that what you are looking at?

They have only been flying a non-stop on Saturday from DTW. They have a hard time competing in other airline's hubs, Detroit is Delta. A full fight doesn't mean they are making money on it. Or they could be making more somewhere else. There's another thread about the reduction in flights from Philadelphia, which is an American hub.

Precisely the reasons for the reduction or elimination of non-stop flights from certain cities to Orlando. Even on routes where they were the only airline flying non-stop. Southwest makes more money either flying elsewhere, or flying into one of their hubs and forcing a connection and/or layover.

Once the schedule is released they do not add flights. They will sometimes alter the flight times or cancel flights but not add more flights to the schedule.

If you are looking out of Columbus, check Cincinnati. Southwest recently announced they were expanding service and will begin flights out of CVG this spring. Probably where your Columbus non stops went. I'm not sure they'll have nonstops out of CVG but doesn't hurt to check.
**Update...I just checked and there are no nonstops from CVG to MCO either. Bummer!

For now, SW is only flying to Chicago and Baltimore out of CVG. We were pretty disappointed with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter